1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: How would you describe BDO?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fearless V, May 26, 2019.

?

Would you say BDO is more ___________ and why.

1. Gear and level based!

2. Skill based!

3. Cash Shop based!

4. AFK based

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Prochilles

'Event based' isn't an option neither is 'trash'

2Cents likes this.
  2. 2Cents

Just enjoy your life and don't aspire to anything ;)
    I don't understand why all these poor people can't just enjoy their life of poverty!

And what's with all these people rooting for sports teams? It's not about winning, they should just enjoy the game!

Phoenixxx75 and 언니* like this.
  3. flukeSG1

LOL? You have a really odd take on reality if you think people aren't dumping stupid amounts of money into this game.

I think someone who is only paying to win, is probably equal to that of someone who only puts time into this game. The people who are ahead are the ones that put both in.

Also, I understand the stigma that comes with being associated with the welfare system, but it's there to help people in need and if you can't understand that you're the one being disgusting. So I hope you pray every day that everything in your life goes perfectly and you never find yourself needing another's help because you don't deserve it.

#43 flukeSG1, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  4. 2Cents

There where some points in the post and the overall idea is valid. One could argue to gain an actual true advantage they would have to pay in the $1,000's and there are a limited amount of people doing that.

However, here are a few points where it really falls short:
    • Hacking I mean purchasing additional workers by literally hacking them into existence. Is a cash shop advantage that can permanently add income.
    • Your income may increase through the cash shop permanently because your silver/hr is increased while grinding, forever.
    • Siege Players who magically had top gear gained atrocious silver advantages
    • RMT, enough said
    • Tier 4 Pets, enough said
    • 1 Second Cooking, enough said

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. flukeSG1

As someone who's previously been able to dump thousands of dollars into a game (never in BDO thank god), I think the number of people doing that might surprise you.

People rationalize their spending as a hobby, and I suppose it's true, but don't most hobbies let you walk away with something in the end? The game I spent my money on is dead and even though I loved playing it at the time, I greatly regret wasting that money now. Probably something to do with getting older. I think about what I could have done with that money instead, like home improvements!

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. Ever since you could completely out purchase whatever you could generate with in-game play, the game is based around the cash shop.

Not going to touch the p2w debate. No one gives a fk about that anymore. But the fact that you can now pay to bypass the entire game now is a joke.

Shastalya likes this.
  7. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

let me select 2-3 options or ther's no point in that poll. BDO isn't any single thing.

8. 2Cents

You can't win in an open world multi player rpg though. It's simple I'll prove it....
    • In a 1v1 fight one player loses the other player...... ok bad example
    • In a siege one side does not obtain or loses a castle the other side....... ok bad example
    • In RBF one side loses and the other side....... ok bad example
    • On Arsha with enough force one person loses control of a hunting area while the other person ...... ok bad example.
    Now in the words of an infamous poster............ Name me just one example of where somebody wins ;)

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. I specifically stated that I am NOT delving into the p2w debate.

Everything of value in the game has a silver cost. You can now obtain more silver through pearl sales in a week than you ever could legitimately AND consistently. That is the point. Fk the p2w nonsense because it doesn't matter anymore.

There's nothing to win when you're paying a game.

10. Hawkes

paying for convenience

11. Hawkes

Ahem,

RNG convenience; sometimes it is, most times it isn't!

IWalkAlone likes this.
  12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

If you ever cooked anything, you would be aware that you can reach 1s without paying real cash.

13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No it is based on rng. The game is cash shop based but your progression is rng based, enough said.

#53 Phoenixxx75, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  14. Boink

At the very start of the game it is really p2w though. I'm not going to say that with time you eventually get there. But almost all the paths you take cash shop dominates it. Pets, Maids, Outfits, Workers everything adds up.

It is not a surprise either after they increase the sale slots for pearl items some players bump their gear score 30+. Some are even 7/7 Pen in 3 months.

Yes actively choosing not to buy any more pearls is possible but that also depends on your gs. For me I got lucky with my accessory upgrades and can conveniently protect my spot. I also have a good clear speed. That is the only reason why I'm still playing this game. Some without a doubt are just unlucky and have every right to be salty.

15. 2Cents

You are exaggerating the issue a bit.........

It's not like people spent 2 years obtaining PEN

And then

Overnight, the amount of PEN doubled

Never mind, That did HAPPEN! ;)

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Who's exaggerating now rofl, you should claim that amount of PEN had trippled for maximum drama effect.

17. flukeSG1

He's not wrong.

Thelemna likes this.
  18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Oh yeah ? What's your and his source about the amount of PEN ?

19. flukeSG1

Playing the game is my source. If you argue for the sake of arguing, why do you always pick the wrong side?

Thelemna likes this.
  20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

In this very specific case, the correct statement is: "lots of PEN were created, which can have been witnessed in system chat."

#60 Smileybones, May 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2019