1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Is this Game for High Rollers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Marshallx, Aug 1, 2020.

?

Is this a Game for High Rollers ???

This poll will close on Aug 31, 2020 at 9:48 PM.
  1. Yes - PEN Gear is for those that want to spend real money and a lot of it.

40.2%
  2. No - Its all in your head; Who cares about PEN gear? I just play to have fun.

23.5%
  3. Kinda Sorta - Think long term, be patient, and spend minimally to have fun.

36.3%
  1. Andaro

Ambassador

If I had 10 pearls for every p2w thread this summer alone, I'd be Rollin pretty high right about now. Mmo-rpgs are games of time investments over many years. In all of them if you want to reduce time you typically have to pay.

That said, I know too many players that don't spend, and have siege equivalent gear :/ .....so ...meh *shrug*

2. Boink

Isn't that how addiction starts and since games offer EZ "progression" or "win" we tend to crave more. Until you reflect on it and question your own sanity.

Sadly some players are just too far gone.

f8Xtractor likes this.
  3. NightGlider

LOL I've spent a total of about $35 on this game and am almost in full TET armor/weapons. $5 to buy the game on steam. 3 x $10 buying pearls to get horse skill change tokens to finally get my 2 coursers. Last $10 was because I made a stupid mistake changing the horse skill "Instance Accel" instead of "Start Accel" and had to change that back. Bwahahaha...

So yeah only thing worth spending money on in this game are for horses, cause let's just face it, it's almost near impossible to get a natural courser. Of course I could have just saved and BOUGHT a courser for $1b but meh, I figured as much time I put into this, I'd support the game with some monetary contribution. I mean I played ESO for years paying $15/mo so why not. LOL

Hell, let me just say as a plug that if this game ever added a voluntary subscription model that gave the Value Pack 30 days and Kamasylvia Bessing as well as the Old Moon, I'd pay $15/mo on it as well. Heck, I think a LOT of people would.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  4. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

What we crave most often is "dopamine" (a feeling of happiness and satisfaction, usually very short-lived). Yes, all games offer it in one way or another. But the curious thing is, game's content is not the actual generator of dopamine. Our perception is. For example a new game, new things to explore, mastering your char for the first time....all are frequent "rushes of dopamine". Once we get familiar with the content, it no longer gives us that feeling. But the content is the same before and after this, it's us who need new stimuli. In such cases maybe PEN is seen by people as that subject of desire, and if they can't get it easily, they get angry. But the same is with everything, and the problem is in the mind.

The goal is to train the mind to not fall for such things. The world around us is full of things to crave for, but we can, by using our will, learn to deliver ourselves that dopamine dose with anything we decide to. Especially when it comes to games, some techniques, like trying to feel at peace, like being happy for the things we have (but sincerely happy), they help. Otherwise we're doomed to be in a hamster-wheel.

5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

This game for 3 type of players :
    Those who pay for gas and finish its really fast.
    Those who slow and steady win the race.
    And those who complain on forums they can't win race in a single month.

Mimimimi, Columba and Thugarin like this.
  6. Marshallx

Pay2Win is the new model though right? I mean we all agree that Pay2Win is the correct way to have fun, right???

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Not really. Its mainly for 1 type of player by design. People who enjoy gambling. Pretty much all forms of progression rely on it.

Gambling at its finest.

8. Findubar

I have a feeling that most people who play this game are against masks in public. Just based on what i saw over the years.

9. Allan1985

thats fine and all but if you call being full TET "fun" you clearly are avoiding the pvp of this game as any PEN + caphras player can insta melt you, you can play as you want and you are free to avoid pvp but i tthinkn is necessary to at least mention the limitations the game forces on us without us being able to do anything about it

in a quick side note ELYON will offer equalized gear pvp wich in all honesty sounds A LOT more inclusive and engaging than BDO pvp will ever be

10. PeelThat

And as i clearly stated.. i really dont care ;d i can play my way in this game so im all good with it. And that is my opinion right if im having fun with my gear? Who are you even to judge me for having fun with full TET? i get there one day to pen if i wanna go full tryhard or even up my playtime in the game.

Maybe you should try to care less about your gear and start trying to have fun and dont compare what others have and you dont?

11. Allan1985

holy **** dude relax, i clearly stated that is your decision how to play the game, who the hell is judging you??? i am simply stating facts, if you can have fun with PRI gear good on you, but thats not changing the fact that the game is clearly being developed so most of the fun is bought with real life money.

yeah, i will try to say "its not important" when a full p2w melts me from behind while grinding, and when he does it again and again and again i will tell to myself: "is ok, i am having fun" ROFL

i have to say that is hiilarious how you tell me "dont judge me" while in the exact same post you proceed to tell me how i should play.

12. PeelThat

Clearly you should read again what you wrote to me. and i returned the favor :)

and what do you mean i should relax? when someone pointing out that i cant have fun playing with full tet? its not like i do alot of pvp that will matters for me at all either.

13. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Kinda hard when you have PKers feeding you to mobs because you don't have the gear or class to put up a fight.

Rinnagans likes this.
  14. PeelThat

To be honest i dont have any problems with pkers either, and if i get pked sure im not gonna waste my playtime, and i just swap channel. no biggie for me, most of the times i dont get pked, i just lose a duel to a better geared / better player then me. i leave the spot and find a new one or swap channel as i sometimes do to since i dont wanna waste time

15. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Im full pen weapons and armors with tet accessories and i spent way less than op.

Thugarin likes this.
  16. Menor

I know some too. Many of them got lucky and got most of their PENs at 2nd or 3rd attempt or nolife since 2017. Git Johnny.
    Ones that not apply to 1st or 2nd example are p2w or gone cos grind took their mind at some point.

17. Columba

yeah, the people who cry about p2w are usually min/maxers who make everyone else miserable

Ternezia likes this.
  18. Andaro

Ambassador

The grind can definitely get to you if you do it nonstop all the time. That's why, like any other tasks in life, your have to take a break from usual activities and dabble in other stuff. OwO

KR MMOs are similar to life, in that the day or week is about routine, small goals to accomplish larger ones, and experiencing a variety of options.

19. Joungf

Well, you invest so many time over years but you can not catch up with the evolution speed the game had during that time. That is why everyone is crying for more drop, more silver, more free stuff, quicker money making, less RNG, etc.

20. Diepel

How dare others have fun not min/maxing all the time? I need to be first on the ladder to have fun!