1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Is this Game for High Rollers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Marshallx, Aug 1, 2020.

?

Is this a Game for High Rollers ???

Poll closed Aug 31, 2020.
  1. Yes - PEN Gear is for those that want to spend real money and a lot of it.

40.8%
  2. No - Its all in your head; Who cares about PEN gear? I just play to have fun.

23.3%
  3. Kinda Sorta - Think long term, be patient, and spend minimally to have fun.

35.9%
  1. Mimimimi

so far 2k$ in your case.

i highly doubt that pets, storage and worker lodging dominated your expenses.

out of curiosity i've calculated the current value of my main grinding gear. it amounts to 112.5b consisting of tet griffon, tet dim, 2x tet crescent, pen bhegs, tet kutum, tet dande, tet blackstar, tet valtarra, tet tungrad earring. my lifeskill gear being worth 65.5b including khans, 6x pen loggia accs, 1x tet manos acc, tet manos butcher knife, pen manos gatherer clothes, tet manos cook's clothes. total money spent on the game for me is 610€ which averages to 17€ / month.

i don't think that my average spending of 17€ / month is a lot and i have some pen items. (no i'm not rng carried, i've bought every single one from the central market)

how to lie with statistics. the average was $84.67 among players who spent anything at all on the game, the true average calculated among all participating fortnite players was $58.25. that's pretty much the price of any AAA game. fortnite barely contains p2w elements, so what would it bother me how much others are spending? (rhetorical question, it doesn't bother me)

the poll answers are heavily biased just like in your previous polls.

#61 Mimimimi, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    GamePois0n, Preslavv and Chaos Ronin like this.
  2. Marshallx

A naive person will likely believe you; plead your case elsewhere Im not one of them.

Menor likes this.
  3. Mimimimi

upload_2020-8-3_14-21-4.png
    upload_2020-8-3_14-21-53.png
    upload_2020-8-3_14-22-9.png

4. Vortexii

My opinion is that it's sad to see you making these statements. You create a post in which you detail some of the problems in the gaming industry and then proceed to tell everyone that YOU are part of the problem spending large amounts of money on Pay2Win games instead of being part of the solution and standing up against it.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

he spend 17 euro month, how is that high amount of money ?

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  6. Vortexii

From the Original Post

"Me personally Ive spent over $2000 on a variety of things, pets, storage, worker lodging, on and on. I have two pieces of TET. Thats just my personal experience though."

7. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Sorry, somehow i think that you was quoting post above you. For you real quote - OP show zero proofs of anything and he actually saying that he spend 2k$ on "non p2w" part of game aka not melting costumes for PEN attemps, and 2 TET piece in 23 month is kinda sound very fishy.

8. Boink

I was at full pen, 4 t9 horses and tet tungrad like a year ago. It only cost me $650 bucks (not using crons or artisans). I understand you need to be skeptical or at least question stuff whatever comes out on the internet. So many Prince Nigeria and Bernie Madoff out there but yes it is definitely possible with the right condition (being lucky for one, hardcore gaming or min-maxing).

BTW I been ftp for more than 2 years. I also have videos of it :)

9. Vortexii

It sounds very reasonable. You could easily spend $2,000 on just convenience items alone. People have spent several hundred on Pets alone. When it comes to things to Inventory/Weight that can get very pricey being per character. Costumes, Tents, Lodging, Inventory, Storage, Weight, Branding, Maids, Flute, etc. Add in a few Value Pack or Kama etc and the $2K just doesn't honestly go that far.

It takes several weight purchases for example to max out a single character.

10. Boink

How much do you think is a reasonable amount? I have 2 T4 pets and 3 T3 pets and spent around $650 (that includes two packages). Along with my purchase was about a year's worth of Value Packs and my worst purchase was the wagon costume. I have one alt that is maxed weight and inventory space. Bought Velia, Heidel, Calpheon storage, and max workers.

I really doubt it goes past 2 grand even with the added Old Moon and Kamasylvia buffs. Especially with the giveaways of pets etc. But that's just me I'm frugal with "MMO" gaming.

11. Vortexii

The issue isn't whether you could reasonably obtain the essentials for less money. It's whether one could reasonably spend $2,000 without flat out whaling (selling max costumes on the market for example).

Also not all items are specified. This could include a reasonable amounts of Artisan's, multiple alts, and just frankly frivolous spending.
    The point is that if he stated $20,000. That would be harder to justify.

12. Boink

In span of x amount of years sure it's reasonable to put in $2k. Now if you are saying what you think you are saying if it's a matter of weeks or months to get high GS in that time frame. Yes, you are right.

I had a discussion with this a while back and I said that there are far more whales in this game than a "few". Quarterly PA report shows it (no way it makes $15m dollars per month just by players buying value packs) even Tuvala reasonably suggests that people are into "super fast" progression when they get full pen in a matter of days when it started.

Whales exist in every game and that's how most games designed and structured for. Personally, if they value what they buy then by all means buy more. Consumerism is difficult to manage by some form of ethical resolution or "justifiable" concept.

The only problem I have is when Whales con and deceived other players for personal gain. It seems like it is a growing trend in Twitch these days.

13. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

No look at who Vortexii responded to. He was not speaking to mimimimi.

14. Nihilistic Nancy

I have had a nice time watching IamQtpie streaming the game the last three weeks. Tonight he was already grinding Stars End in his Season gear. I do not know the exact amount he has spent so far but it is low and he is making silver at end game spots in under a month or 100 hours, no "highrolling".

#74 Nihilistic Nancy, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  15. Columba

I guess this “poll” backfired spectacularly too!

16. Menor

Learn to read topics not polls.
    His polls are nothing more than empty pages for conversation wich shiq how bad model and players are. Onyly mimimimi thus far showed him the boot.

17. Boink

He probably gets the low end of the silver per hour. He is better off farming in Aakman with seasonal gear.

Just in case if you don't know Seasonal Gear started almost 2 months ago..... BDO never started that way.

Whales have been around in this game for so long that PA made 1 billion dollars in a matter of 2 years (More likely investors related). It makes $40M per quarter in just PC NA/EU.

18. Columba

biased polls are biased, lol

19. Tracey

not only are biased polls biased but they're also pointless on these forums :

Black Desert Online is a game developed by Pearl Abyss, a Korean company, nobody realize that these little / big discussions no matter how big they get don't matter because the base of operations that makes the big brain decisions is not here, no ifs ands or buts about it, it's fascinating though to see people think / strive for changes heh I myself get my hopes up every now and then.

Columba and Sylo78 like this.
  20. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I really don't understand the big cry over people spending money on BDO... If you are not playing a video game as a hobby or fun then wtf are you doing? Most people spend way more on drugs and alcohol, others spend it on rl hobbies... Why is it different to spend it on something that has to be maintained, patched, and managed by a ton of people for your entertainment? So what something may seem a bit pricey to some? Nobody in this game has EVER been forced to buy anything from the pearl shop!

Also, why the hell are people always trying to shame people who can afford to spend as much money as they like on BDO? What kind of world are we living in when people think you should be ashamed of being successful enough that you CAN throw money at a pointless video game?
    The people who like or don't mind spending will spend, the people who can't or don't want to won't. It's that simple and what one does is literally no business of the other who doesn't!