1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: What Type of BDO Player are you?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Khondo, Aug 4, 2020.

?

What Type of BDO Player are you?

1. Hate PVP, only here for the PVE

16.1%
  2. Accept that there is PVP in BDO, but really only do PVE

30.0%
  3. PVE player but will PVP when I have to

20.3%
  4. PVP player, but will PVE to make a living

22.1%
  5. Actively participates in all forms of PVP in game, but understands why PVE is in the game

0.9%
  6. Death to all players, kill anyone who steps out of a safezone

3.7%
  7. Don't Play BDO anymore for what ever reason, but still love to add my comments to the game

6.9%
  1. Khondo

Only one answer allowed, Lets see who we have in here.

Factorial and NoobGamersBerlin like this.
  2. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

So sad that you only allow one choice. I clicked the first option because that is why and how I played bdo, however I also needed to select the last option.

3. Khondo

The reason why I only allowed 1 selection is so we can get a feeling on the main priority of people in the forums.

I only added the last option as an afterthought and thinking about players like you. Maybe I should of made the title, how do you play BDO now?

Factorial and MoonDance17 like this.
  4. Catastigma

i am on 2 option. forced to pick the worst.

5. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Maybe it is more important to know the way that people would like the game to be instead of worrying if they are still playing or not!
    I have had at least three breaks from this game and although I feel I will not play again I can never say never.

Hezekiel and Jinoro like this.
  6. Khondo

How people want to play the game, does not matter. The game is what it is and no matter how much people post (complain) on this forum, not much is going to change. It's what is in game that counts and the number of people playing, and also the amount of money generated.

I want world peace and free love all over the world. Ain't going to happen no matter how much I post it on a wall.

7. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I think you miss the point. There are a lot of people that stopped playing, there is a reason for that and knowing that reason could be important. Telling people that they cannot say how they played the game because they no longer do is not solving your question which is why I selected the first option.
    By the way free love for all is going to disenfranchise quite a few professions lol.

Jinoro likes this.
  8. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

wanted to vote dont play the game option, but then i remembered u said being afk tray mode is playing the game, so im bit conflicted with my vote

Hezekiel and Jinoro like this.
  9. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Missing several crucial options in your poll.

Why? The people on the forum aren't exactly representative of those in the game.

Litisun likes this.
  10. Khondo

Like what?

11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The most obvious one would be I play BDO for all that it offers.

You're trying to separate two things that weren't meant to be separated in the game.

PeaceInChaos and IWalkAlone like this.
  12. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 61 EU

Accept that there is PVP in BDO, but really only do PVE

(some explanations on why and what)

I am no stranger to PvP, I played (and still will play someday) as PvP healer, for 12 years in WoW. That said, I am not bothered by any gank, PK (is this ganking in BDO terms?) or whatever things in PvP which some people see as disrupting their other game activities.

Why I do not PvP in BDO and why I do not plan to:
    1. there's no healing class, and I do not really enjoy dps pvp. I also have no time and nerves to master this (tried long ago, didn't work).
    2. there are so many other interesting things to do in BDO, they make me very curious and I plan to devote all my time to them. Lifeskilling, exploration, Knowledge hunting, adventure logs, titles...etc.
    3. I don't have high expectations for BDO pvp because, in my honest opinion, it's not a PvP game. It's a sandbox grinder with many various activities. I can't expect to see good class balance and there is no constant and precise class and ability tuning. Also minding that in my recent 5 months of playing I was killed only 2 times by players, I see that the world pvp scene is very inactive /I'd say completely dead compared to constant gank in many WoW areas/. Unless you go to certain spots in BDO, but this is not what I call an active wpvp. It should be world, not "spot".

So yes, I play for PVE, lifeskills, etc.

Jinoro likes this.
  13. Khondo

Yeah I could see that as an option. I was more focused though on which side of the fence we all sit with PVP/PVE, 3 options for either side I thought was enough of a choice.

14. Khondo

Yep, one of the reasons why I put up the poll. I am actually expecting more PVP based players on the forum due to they generally seem to be the ones that are posting about issues with BDO. It's also another nail in the coffin for the death of the forums in their current condition. This poll, even though it has two sides to a coin, should be one of the least controversial topics to discuss but still expecting a very low turn out of votes.

Factorial likes this.
  15. woots

I would change the "i hate pvp" with "i dont want pvp in BDO" As i enjoy good pvp games, but definitely not the BDO pvp.

Maybe also add a distinction between pvp modes, & flag. ( like as a separated second poll part )

Jinoro likes this.
  16. Beeso

When I play nowadays; I log in, I take a look at the sights, look at the items and stuff, zone out a bit then log off. If I feel particularly cheery, I might run around a little or travel some distances, climb mountains, traverse terrain and possible have a little swim, explore multiple strange/obscure nooks and crannies, possibly admire a random wet boulder or how shiny mud looks under the sun, then I log off. Every once in a while I might do some other activities (rifts), grind/quest a little, scrolls, do some MP stuff.

Ventesa and Khondo like this.
  17. Columba

Finally, a DECENT poll

Tolots, Ternezia and Khondo like this.
  18. LesserHellspawn

Way too small sample size yet, but wow, we PVE players are the overwhelming majority so far. Based on that so far season 2 should have 14 PVE season servers, 1 Arsha season server, 9 regular servers, 1 regular Arsha server.

19. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 61 EU

0 votes so far for "Don't Play BDO anymore for what ever reason, but still love to add my comments to the game"

yet I know at least several such people who actively post in other topics.

Funny.

Naho, PeaceInChaos and Smileybones like this.
  20. NoobGamersBerlin

I think you missed his point. The last answer should be used by u cause u don’t play anymore. It would make more sense if you do your own poll to figure out what are the main reasons people stopped playing but please don’t do it the way the last biased ones were. ;)