1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: What Type of BDO Player are you?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Khondo, Aug 4, 2020.

?

What Type of BDO Player are you?

1. Hate PVP, only here for the PVE

16.1%
  2. Accept that there is PVP in BDO, but really only do PVE

30.0%
  3. PVE player but will PVP when I have to

20.3%
  4. PVP player, but will PVE to make a living

22.1%
  5. Actively participates in all forms of PVP in game, but understands why PVE is in the game

0.9%
  6. Death to all players, kill anyone who steps out of a safezone

3.7%
  7. Don't Play BDO anymore for what ever reason, but still love to add my comments to the game

6.9%
  1. Amirite

I took this because it was closets to what I do now. Accept that there is PVP in BDO, but really only do PVE
    I would have chosen "Actively participates in all forms of PVP in game, but understands why PVE is in the game" but there are way too much convenient to play in BDO imo.

When i started to play BDO it was awesome that everyone could use the same armor, no matter class or skills....that was 1 month in the game and my thoughts was this will be great for PvP and so on. At that time +15 was highest.

I really want to PvP a lot more, that's all I have been doing in other games PvP, but BDO is not just my type of PvP game i think, even known that I had some good PvP times.I'm sure a lot other players have a fun doing PvP.

Right now, I play as I want, when I want with friends.

Khondo likes this.
  2. Vortexii

You need not stress I'm sure you have a few years left. The least you could do is educate yourself and become a more wise individual. This is such a simple and blatant case that there is essentially no ambiguity.

You stated that forum discussions never lead to anything, but were immediately crushed by facts such as the developers removing the exchange weapon coupons in accordance to player feedback. Some of which is contained within forums.

Now prove that you are capable of admitting your mistakes and accept that a lot of changes have been made in response to the voice of the community. Including multiple regions, forums, and other mediums as well.

Jinoro likes this.
  3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Like the pit of undying now able to be instant entry after the feedback from players.

Jinoro likes this.
  4. Vortexii

Good thing I have my +10 Shield of Ignorance with me. Otherwise that fact may have penetrated my defenses.

5. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

They aren't meant to be taken separately, so why try to separate them, to begin with? There shouldn't be any sides.

Your poll is trying to force an issue that shouldn't exist. It should actually read something like "What do you enjoy most? PvE, PvP or both equally?" You're creating division where there shouldn't be.

KhaosThanathan and MoonDance17 like this.
  6. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

PvE player, just PvP for holding spots and sometimes BA

7. Vortexii

Are you still here trying to force your opinions upon others and refute their ability to even ask what players want out of the game?

Jinoro and LesserHellspawn like this.
  8. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

Not when it goes over the top. But ok, lets talk about the video game. If you promise you won't bring comparisons with 10000 times more important things as Luther. ;)

Khondo is not making a general claim, he makes a very particular claim regarding results of complaints from BDO players. We must look at things with reasoning, because most "we want change!!" cries seem to be based on emotion. Man must "correctly estimate the enemy"(sorry for bringing Art of War here again, it's just my favorite :D) . What complains we have here: mostly about the monetization model (P2W), RNG and enchanting model.

This monetization model is this company's fundamental business approach. Believing PA will change it just because several people constantly voice against it in this forum is...ahem..you know. Extremely unrealistic. Why only in this forum - except it, I haven't seen anyone to complain in BDO's Discord channels, which are full with tens of thousands of members. I've seen negative reviews RE p2W on various review sites, but the Discord population and ingame population which also doesn't seem to complain, tilts the scales quite a lot. So then what? Keep QQ-ing for the sake of QQ?

For me personally, I'd prefer if shop prices were lower, but if not, it's not game breaking for me.

Next: RNG and enchanting. While enchanting indeed needs to be looked into, I read somewhere PA saying that most BDO content is designed to be successfully handled with full TET. Full TET is not something difficult to obtain, all would agree.
    PEN items can also be bought from the market, so then what's the problem? Oh, enchanting. "But there are alternative ways", says someone. The complainer, pretending not to hear: "Enchanting s**x!"

Next: Cultural factor. BDO is a Korean game. They love RNG. No matter how PA might have tried to direct is also to other types of playerbases (NA, EU), its principles remain Korean. Realizing this can help stop having hopes for a camel to become a cat.

Last: All we have a choice, most of all to not waste our time, but play other games which fit our needs.

I do not, in any way, deny that some complaints have led to changes. But those complaints were within the reasonable.

As for those who keep wasting their time trying to change BDO fundamentals, they either have too much of it, or are so invested in this game, that they might need to rethink their emotional priorities.

#48 Ternezia, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    Khondo likes this.
  9. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Go back and read what I wrote again because it is 100% the opposite of what you just wrote.

10. Columba

These results demonstrate why there is no reason to change the karma system. Most players don't focus on pvp primarily.

Khondo likes this.
  11. VilksCry

I live for the pvp and understand i need to grind. infact I plan to retire grinding once i hit 3m mobs slain xD

12. Joungf

Only 13,4 % hate PvP
    And 5.4 % already left the game.
    More than 80 % accept PvP or do PvP. Actually it is an interesting result.

13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The poll doesn't represent the community accurately, it's just as skewed as the last one. They seem to have their own data that disagrees with this opinion since they've openly stated they will be working on it.

14. LesserHellspawn

Well it's ~54% who actually do PvP, and more than half of them only do it when they have to.

15. Khondo

What I find interesting is only 1.8% and 3.6% are dedicated PVP players.

Very true about the accuracy, but I actually thought there would be more PVP players on the forum than PVE based. I know in game that PVE players are a big majority and most are happy just playing the game, with no need to come to the cesspool forums to voice any opinions.

Will see how the numbers go once the weekend hits.

16. f8Xtractor

PVP players, especially those who play the game because it has PVP won't ever necessarily say anything on the forums, might make them a target

17. Mystical_Goddess

I personally Don't like to PVP. That being said, I chose #2 because I know there is PVP in this game, and I don't mind, everyone should always be able to play games the way they want. I have been Killed by someone who wanted my spot, even though when they asked I said "go ahead and have the spot". I don't mind sharing, and I am not one who just grinds for levels, I prefer quests, and skilling, but they didn't like that I didn't want to fight, so they killed me lol No big deal to me, It's part of the game, I just personally wont PVP so i will never fight back, and don't mind coming back to the spot later to finish my quest lol I just love the game.
    :)

#57 Mystical_Goddess, Aug 5, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    LesserHellspawn likes this.
  18. zhagsten

I learned a bit of Musa PvP in Season Arsha.

19. KhaosThanathan

I'm probably getting called "toxic" and all that wonderful stuff, but whatever...

I'm one of these stup*d d*mbf*cks that got hyped for BDO since it did promote an OW-PvP-atmosphere and featured an awesome graphical fidelity. That's why I pre-ordered the game (which was quite expensive back then) back in the days hoping for a new awesome MMORPG-experience. At first, the game wasn't bad considering it was "new" and thus didn't offer that much content. You had reasonable enhancement-limits which - apart from class balance - did provide a somewhat equal playing field for PvP. The grinding was as horrible as it is now back in the days, but the flashy combat-system was new and fresh and helped easing the monotony of grinding. There were minor P2W-elements - specifically Elion's ressurection items - and the cash shop was (and still is) overpriced, but monetization wasn't nearly as invasive as it is nowadays. In these regards, I, alongside many other people, hoped for a decent future.

What we got though was quite the opposite. The combat system didn't improve and is even worse than generic hack 'n slash games - hell, it's even worse than stuff like Dynasty Warriors 9 (I did love the previous titles though). The game turned into a P2W-pachinko-hell. The progression got out of hand with PEN as enhancement limit and the corresponding AP-brackets and - the thankfully already abandoned - renown system. There were no substantial content expansions - just new grind zones (which is basically just the same content repainted) and more items. Truthfully, the list could go on endlessly. BDO - once a promising game - turned into a mess of broken promises, overbearing P2W and monetization and god-awful game design.

Well... I'm still "playing" the "game" even though besides financial and time-investment, there's nothing that really makes me stick to it. The only saving grace is that BDO is still fairly pretty and that it's in truth a single player game since there basically is no community. I'd even go as far as to label it as "MMORPG-Simulator" since you basically have no decent activities ingame besides grinding (being brain-afk) and idle activities (life-skills as semi- and/or full-afk content). As it is, I'm mostly playing BDO as some sort of waifu-simulator due to its graphical fidelity. Some female classes and their corresponding outfits are quite beautiful and there's probably a reason as to why BDO features what's commonly known as "jiggle jiggle engine" in the MMORPG-community. Call me a degenerate, but well... That's how it is.

HucKa, zhagsten and Jinoro like this.
  20. KhaosThanathan

Sorry, but your statements are obviously wrong. The minimum gear requirements nowadays are rather full PEN weapons/armor and full TET accessories. That's especially true if you regard newer and future grind zones and especially PvP-content (since there are no gear/stat-caps in PvP). Those are - indeed - hard to achieve. Even full TET isn't something easily achiveable - at least getting TET accessories is rather difficult since TET accessories equal PEN weapon/armor items as long as you regard enhancement probabilities and Cron Stone prices. In that regard, you're rather capped at what you can do with full TET (or rather: TET weapons/armor and TRI accessories) - that will only be low- and mid-tier grind zones. Even then, the stats achieved by "full TET" differ vastly from class to class due to poor class balance. Some classes simply need a lot more AP to reach the same performance as other classes.

The "just buy PEN from the CM"-argument is the most silly argument coming from people - especially white knights - who don't understand basic economic rules. The most basic economic rule is supply and demand. If you want to buy PEN items from the CM, there has to be a sufficient supply of PEN items to satisfy the demand. That's simply not - not! - the case. The total sales of PEN items don't even reach the thousands and thus aren't sufficient to satisfy the needs of the playerbase. PEN weapons barely reach the hundreds, PEN armor parts are somewhat in the hundreds and PEN accessories aren't even in the hundreds. You don't have the supply to satisfy the demand, thus the argument that you can buy PEN items from the CM is not just misleading but also - at the very least borderline - wrong.

Jinoro likes this.