1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Which classes are the most OP in PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by LightsOut, Mar 12, 2019.

?

Which classes are the most OP in PvP (3 choices)

1. Warrior

22 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Sorceress

249 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. Ranger

9 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Berserker

52 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. Tamer

35 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Musa

46 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Maehwa

5 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. Valkyrie

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Wizzard

47 vote(s)
    8.5%
  10. Witch

60 vote(s)
    10.9%
  11. Ninja

251 vote(s)
    45.5%
  12. Kunoichi

25 vote(s)
    4.5%
  13. Dark Knight

8 vote(s)
    1.4%
  14. Striker

97 vote(s)
    17.6%
  15. Mystic

263 vote(s)
    47.6%
  16. Lahn

52 vote(s)
    9.4%
  17. Archer

158 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

look, i really dont wanna sound like an ******* or anything, but who cares about damage @130 ap? or 430 dp no ap build? or 420-520 gs?

also,why would you trade damage with a witchzard at all during spells that can take 90% of your hp? there are only few that u really need to be careful about and if we gonna be honest cataclysm/voltaic is the one u should probably keep an eye out coz it also ccs while doing noticeable damage.

2. BloodLeshen

Because some of us are not playing 5h a day or afk 20h a day or are rng carried and still are stuck at 220 ap after almost a year. I was stuck at 170ap for the longest time so I had to deal with that AP. And going DP build like that 130ap 430dp is a way cheaper to quickly reach softcap even though its a dp meme.

One don't simply walk into BDO and in 1 month reach softcap except if you are really rng carried, p2w or play 20h a day without a life and work.

Nothing in BDO is guaranteed. If you dont grind or play due to not having time you have to think about what class is best at low AP because you may be stuck there for very long

You'r class choice must be based on how much AP you think you will be able to get and it seems everybody assumes they will get 280 ap+ but that is not the reality. Honestly I dont even know how I will ever get to 250AP. So if 250 AP will be my cap wil sorc really be good?

On the trade part. Its hard when you cant see effects of other players due to fps.. Remember I said I stunned him then after stun I went in for a cc damage combo but the he recovered quicker and when I initiated he was in SA already.

-

I think my biggest problem is I fight too aggressively with sorc. Its technically a counter / opportunist class and I just go full offense when I get in pvp.

#182 BloodLeshen, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Fearless V likes this.
  3. reconkangas

Have been reading along, there are some major misconceptions that are here and most seem to forget.

Classes such as a sorc in my humble opinion is one of the best 1v1 classes out there once you hit the 269-273 ap cap... IF your lucky enough to get to the same 269-273 AP w kutum that is were you are flippin in a next realm of PVP.

That said ANY class with the above is pretty much in there own world once you hit it. but what makes you stand taller above the rest is NOT just ap, the minute you back end load more DP on your char i.e. a PEN helm, narcs, kutum, caphras and start hitting 269 kutum(with ignore resist) and 320-340 dp that is were the God status comes from.

The other issue most sorcs dont want to talk about is loading in evasion... from everything I have read and understand accuracy vs evasion is 4 to 5 stating that if your sorc has 600 evasion I at min need 500 accuracy to be on the same playing field as you OR my grabs wont got off my hits wont land and IF I am riding 360 ish acc i am hitting 50% of the time or less (the above is not a MEME it is a fact and does work in game).
    Now if i switch as a mystic from a nouver to a leather increasing my accuracy (to closer to 500) AND giving me more DP to survive I may have a chance but again as a sorc calling out X class for being a head banging class with no thought... when Sorcs do pretty much the same thing being slippery when wet loading in as much evasion as possible and Spamming the **** out of IFrames is kinda calling the kettle black.

I have much respect for those that do PVP no matter the level at witch you play. at the above level 90% of the time its who gets the 1st CC after that it is who can survive being combo'd by a 270 ap player.

4. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

this is completly wrong

5. reconkangas

I guess when I see this it just infuriates me..

Dont have a argument you post... "this Is wrong"

Add something give a somewhat intelligent argument refuting what I posted. Add to the conversation what part of what I wrote was wrong if you claim all of it I will call BS on it.

i have done enough testing, enough pvp. to know my thoughts are not far off.

Soooo let's see what you have to say.

#185 reconkangas, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    BloodLeshen and Xenon like this.
  6. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

landing a grab has nothing to do with your accuracy its pure resistance. and you practically cant grab a sorc. so you need to play with other ccs

7. reconkangas

Not totally false...

Your grab though may be resistance dependent timing and the hit that can produce a stun or freeze is not.. your grab DOES do damage and DOES have an accuracy rate(hence most +100%) specifically a mystic is a knee binding not a grab it is more of a knockdown that is depended on the resistance..

But ALL attacks are dependent on accuracy as well as evasion... the % of resistance or ignore resistance give it a roll of if you can ot can not do the specific skill after that is totally dependent on the accuracy v evasion for the remainder

8. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

no even if your hit is evaded the cc comes through. evasion/accuracy is only a damagestat

9. reconkangas

This is a misconception resistance in ONLY a yes or no to continue then accuracy v evasion plays the next step.

if your a player with all duo or tri gear and have accuracy sheet and hidden of 250 and your trying to hit a sorc with 600 evasion yet never get the grab CC is NOT guaranteed especially when you have high enough evasion to avoid it.

Hence why heavy resistance players get called memes AND high DP(high dp also gives high evasion) evasion players get miss characterized as being high resistance/evasion meme

10. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

no this is stated by the devs im not gonna search the notes for you now. its about a year ago.
    thats a thing i certainly tested. i feels like more gs = more resitancechance no matter the accuracy. and also high ap targets will never miss a cc no matter how many resitance you have.
    resitance is meta atm. and ppl get called memes for high DP build while playing like potatoes and do nothing for the team at all.

11. Exaah

you must have missed an important patch note dude

WhySoSeeryus and Kauni like this.
  12. reconkangas

Screenshot_20190526-121921_Discord.jpg Screenshot_20190526-121921_Discord.jpg
    Idk I have seen it all ways.
    Heavy resistance beyond 60% is at a loss of other things such as HP, accuracy gems, HAN Hooms and so on.
    Granted from early on I have always stacked resistance against specific skills/OP classes. I.e. ninja/Stryker grab and knockdowns.
    But my biggest change I have notice is in fact LOW v High accuracy. A good example is leeburs/offen v Bheg/kzarka adding in JIN vipers.
    Switching off back to bhegs/kzarka totally corrected several issues including it seems that I actually catch my grabs and CC more often.

Then again as thing SEEM a certain way it may be a coincidence. During the last class balancing they remove alot as well as added back in things since.

If a specific cc is 100% guarantee and is simply a yes or no roll on a maximum of 60% not including the person amount of ignore resistance i.e. IF you have 20% ignore in main hand and kutum for another 10% total of 30% against somone that has 60% resist giving a over all PvP stat of 30% meaning 70% goes thru that is a high value but yet some reason out of a combat scenario you get almost no CC either your very unlucky or there is more to this than just YES OR NO

Need to re read your skills list..

In a grab or CC AND it stated in ther +100% accuracy does not mean it is guarantee for said skill EXAMPLE
    sheet score of 300 accuracy (gems are not counted in this they are added in after) adding in the skill 100% gives and accuracy of 600<--- this pretty much guarantee the skill will go off especially if a person's evasion is 600. BUT a person with say 250 accuracy with a 100% making 500 tries to hit with a skill that is say damage of 938% x3 against a person that has 650 to 700 evasion a few things can happen on those 3 hits one you get one of them or none of them.
    Thinking that these hits are completely dependent solely on resistance yes or no roll would have put something different on the explanation but again when have these been 100% correct.

#192 reconkangas, May 26, 2019
  13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Accuracy does not affect the success chance of a CC idk why people argue about that.

14. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Warrior 61 EU

cuz high iq

15. reconkangas

It does NOT AFFECT THE CC BUT is does affect the skill itself.

I am not arguing about If a CC works becouse obviously there is also a modifier on chaining specific CC before you get an immune.
    But each skill itself weather it gains damage on said hit would be an easy test.

Specifically have you ever seen a skill do zero damage yet you still get the CC becouse I have not.

So that said would mean IF you dont get the skill to go off they simply resisted it? Or is it the fact that it was evaded as well?

Playing on the end that 1 way specifically happens then you get mad and salty becouse it is a resistance meme.. but not including the rest of the games mechanics then filing tickets and complaining that the class balancing needs to be redone but everyone states becouse this player on reddit stated this is how it is makes no sense to me.

Again that is were we start getting unintentional changes in the game that is little to zero worth.
    But ignoring that yes SKILLS are in fact linked in a way to accuracy and the amount of evasion does also affect the outcome of a battle is like saying that this is just a yes or a no problem..

#195 reconkangas, May 26, 2019
  16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Uhm not literally zero but almost zero. On very high geared people when I had low accuracy, was nothing special to me tbh, their HP bar didn't (barely) move but I CCd them.

17. Exaah

dude stop, youre making no sense on top of being wrong

CC's arent affected by accuracy anymore, any tinfoil you might have is irrelevant

18. reconkangas

you are not listening your making up garbage....

The SKILL itself that has the CC attached to it IS a SKILL...
    That skill is dependent on if it connects THERE for the skill is depended on accuracy AND evasion.. IF YOU CANT LAND THE HIT IN THE 1ST PLACE HOW DO YOU GET THE CC especially if the skill states right on it "ON GOOD HITS"

After the hit lands THEN YOU ROLL for your resistance this isn't the other way around. Read the damn skill please...

The skill doesnt state grab on use..
    Or 100% on use

Please understand the CC and the skill are NOT INDEPENDENT, if you get the hit the CC rolls with resistance.

#198 reconkangas, May 26, 2019
  19. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

cc skill hits 100% time on the hit that applies cc (for most skills its first one). damage roll has accu vs eva check tho. if that fails u do some minimal dmg for show and cc check does its thing.

Fateneko and Kauni like this.
  20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

I kinda do understand your confusion but if you really wanna follow that logic then I have a question. What happens on a "bad hit", what does the skill description say here? :^)
    But I guess @WhySoSeeryus could loose your confusion now :-)

Fateneko likes this.