1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Which classes are the most OP in PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by LightsOut, Mar 12, 2019.

?

Which classes are the most OP in PvP (3 choices)

1. Warrior

22 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Sorceress

250 vote(s)
    45.2%
  3. Ranger

9 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Berserker

52 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. Tamer

35 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Musa

46 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Maehwa

5 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. Valkyrie

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Wizzard

48 vote(s)
    8.7%
  10. Witch

60 vote(s)
    10.8%
  11. Ninja

252 vote(s)
    45.6%
  12. Kunoichi

25 vote(s)
    4.5%
  13. Dark Knight

8 vote(s)
    1.4%
  14. Striker

97 vote(s)
    17.5%
  15. Mystic

263 vote(s)
    47.6%
  16. Lahn

52 vote(s)
    9.4%
  17. Archer

158 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. reconkangas

Thank you i thought i was going to go nutz trying to get people to understand what i was stating.

I am referring to the fact that what people mistake as high resistances is is actually not getting the hit off in the 1st place I.E. missing the roll completely due to someones much higher evasion Vs there accuracy.

If you get the hit then the roll for the resistances and GEN the way the system works is that is pretty much 100%

2. Frixs

In other words, the classes you don't know how to play against.

3. reconkangas

There is no "BAD" hit you just miss...
    i have had knee binding go off(do damage) but not CC I.E. they get knocked down
    ON my specific skill if i miss then I MISS i evade backward THIS IS NOT THE RESISTANCE that does this this is the roll of the dice if i even HIT to begin with IF my skill goes off then your resistances come into play BUT because most people have a min of ignore resistance gems in there main hand and MOST only run about 50% resist means they only have about 20-30% resistances and your rolling with pretty much 70-80% success.

IF you understand this and are running a leeburs/green gloves (zereth has zero accuracy) and offen TET with nouver you just may be accuracy starved especially if your opponent has a high evasion build I.E. 600-700+ evasion.(I.E. most DP builds have very high evasion making tanky witches and wizards harder to kill) people running low accuracy builds are the 1st ones to complain about peoples resistances or why there skill or CC's dont work totally ignoring the skills and the requirements that has to do with the battle mechanics within the game.

#203 reconkangas, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  4. Jexz

#204 Jexz, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    levinano and Xenon like this.
  5. reconkangas

i get this and there was a partial roll back of the same affects

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1456

here is the roll back as well
    cc affects.JPG

this was an adjustment and it has been slowly been re implimented especially when they made revisions to the accuracy patch that recovered the unintended affects of the loss in accuracy for witches and wizards. now i am not claiming that it is right or wrong but they had to make changes to certain CC's.

But again as it comes to some classes Iframes and movements can negate targeting and also make it seem like they have heavy resist as well.

#205 reconkangas, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
  6. Jexz

@reconkangas
    Thnx, any idea what they actually mean by stack or does not stack? Is it that the CC duration will start at the last hit of the skill or something else?

Also these skills that stack are you saying they are good or bad vrs evasion? There was no mention of reverting the evasion changes only that multiple CC's can happen not just one.

7. reconkangas

As far as I can recall I been spending this whole time pouring over patch notes becouse I remember that there was another after this were they did some additional as well but cant find it.

This one refers to heavy AOE skills that were continuous. Such as witches and earthquake, blizzard and so on and other skills that were longer in duration and distance.
    The stacking refers to more than 1 CC on a skill that lasted longer in duration than say a grab or a knockdown from my knee binding that had only one to begin with( emphasis on the 1 at the begining of the skill such as grabs)

I know there has been a few since but nothing like the 2018 "balancing" that was also supposed to deal with accuracy and evasion.. then reset the CC'S but becouse of the complaints they stopped the whole process.
    This change did correct some issues with CC's and to do this it reverted some of the old system back in.

As far as evasion that's what I have been trying to point out not arguing. That due to these changes it did in fact go back to the way things were.
    Now it feels to me that accuracy does in fact play a part in the skill. Higher evasion w iframe seems to keep from getting CC like a sorc not getting hit by spiral torpedo from start to finish (spiral torpedoes 10 chances).
    It's not like it was in the past were you could stack evasion and never get hit by anything but there is definitely some thing that is not the may 2018 patch.
    I like the new system I just wish they would have finished it including acc and evasion.

#207 reconkangas, May 27, 2019
  8. BloodLeshen

The cc / evasion is so hard to grasp in BDO. Because technically evasion is not DR so it doesnt lower the damage you take it lower the amount of attacks that land but that would technically mean that if the guy miss the first hit in a multi hit attack or miss 50% of them he have less of a chance to cc you however the ones that do hit still have 100% cc depending on your resistance.

(but obviously this is not the case - its just how it would make sense to me)

Apart from that and back to classes...

I have to say Archers are broken.. One of our archers reached 280+ ap the weekend.. insane damage.. in NW last night the opponents had about 3 archers with 270+ ap.. pft.. We won but man those guys just 2 tap ANYONE from range. We have a 583gs mystic which we all know is a tanky class and over 301 dp with 4k+hp (might even be closer to 5k judging from the hp bar). He even got like 2 tapped majority of the times.. in 1v1 duels its easier because you only have to focus on the archer but man they have range on them.

Being sorc its slightly easier to get closer with iframe mobility but still 1cc 1 hit I'm dead.. and in NW they enjoy picking of the flankers

#208 BloodLeshen, May 27, 2019
  9. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

This one basically means that 1 single skill can apply a CC more than once while it lasts. Tendon cutter is 1 such example.
    With the CC changed PA applied one more rule - same CC cannot be applied twice in less than 1 second. For example if you get a Stun you cannot receive another stun in the next 1 second. After that 1s period has passed you can be stunned again.

The idea behind this was for multi-hit fast skills to not completely eat up your 2 CC limit. Some slower skills though may apply the same CC effect more than once effectively rendering your target CC immune due to hitting the 2 CC limit.

One such skill is Striker's Wolf Hunger. It has 3 hits (each is a separate animation) each of which has stun on it. Unless buffed with a decent amount of AS the window between the 1st and 3rd hit is over 1 second and in practice if you do not cancel the skill and all hits land it will use up your available CCs and you will have no means of comboing after.

IIRC since the last changes skills that are not multi-hit, (all of the hits are executed in 1 motion rather than several parts) CC check is possible on all of the hits but will be calculated only on the 1st hit that connects (target not in iframe/FG).

10. Ardains

Would be nice if you specified what kind of pvp, since some classes that are excellent in 1v1 are completely useless in other forms, and vice-versa.

Either way, assuming this is an average of all, I'm giving my votes to Sorc/Archer/Ninja.

Sturmflut666 and BboydD like this.
  11. reconkangas

Well i wouldn't say broken it is just the amount of damage you do at that level is insane... but again once you hit 273 ap the bonus slows way down until your at the new hard cap of 301(especially with new blackstar).. so most people especially classes like mystic,warrior,valk find it more useful at 280+ ap to use kutum instead of nouver, your biggest AP bonus is at the 269-273 level using kutum gives you extra ignore resist and extra DP.

i main a mystic 2nd a kuno i am running 273ap 311dp atm but i am coming from school of hard knocks as a DP mystic for you to be able to survive being combo'd from most classes specifically sorc,ninja, stryker you have to be above 340DP(this only implies you will get up from CC with maybe 1k hp left out of 4500) this is 1v1 only any other damage beyond spells being killed once CC'd. this is MOST classes some of course does more damage(and some like ranger cant take damage) than others but all classes even crap pvp classes become pretty beefy at this level.

so the goal has always been not just AP but enough DP to allow you to survive without it your a glass cannon that will die to anyone with 254+ ap if your CC 1st (especially strykers/ninjas who have massive damage even at soft cap ap). is it fun to play with high AP ABSOLUTELY at least i no longer get called toxic avenger for having too much DP BUUUT i am working on that :) the Toxic Avenger(Memelord) will return one day but be backed with 273 ap and 350ish dp.

But in all honesty if your able to mitigate being CC'd (RNG) after being attacked still defend and able to kill your opponent that is a feat in itself... if your a mystic and come across a really good sorc/ninja with = GS and win your doing really friggin good. All i can say is in the end it is just a game and i have fun WIN or LOSE and i do get beaten because there are some really good players out there that know there class just as well as i know mine.

#211 reconkangas, May 27, 2019
    BloodLeshen likes this.
  12. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Just play archer and you don't need to worry about your dp ever :-)

13. Looouise

When people say that musa is weak.
    He lives in SuperArmor, Have big AP and rage control.
    Shift+F,F Like a Strikers leg.
    Need nerf this $hit!!!!

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Nope... musas shift+f does way more damage :-P

Blitzball likes this.
  15. LiquidEmotion

It's not very specific. Ninja is god is 1v1 stuff and small scale situations but is **** in a lot of other things.

16. Elsaxual

give maehwa some of that musa dmg buff, f@#$!, maehwa deserve it.

Fateneko and Maginha like this.
  17. Strider Roshin

Hello, I'm pre-ordering this game for the PS4. Are warriors not any good or something?

18. Jexz

Different game PS4 capped at 60 FPS PC no FPS cap damage difference is substantial

19. Strider Roshin

Is that an advantage or disadvantage for the warrior?

20. easay9

disadvantage warriors animations are long and slow high FPS speeds it up