1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Which classes are the most OP in PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by LightsOut, Mar 12, 2019.

?

Which classes are the most OP in PvP (3 choices)

1. Warrior

22 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Sorceress

249 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. Ranger

9 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Berserker

52 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. Tamer

35 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Musa

46 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Maehwa

5 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. Valkyrie

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Wizzard

47 vote(s)
    8.5%
  10. Witch

60 vote(s)
    10.9%
  11. Ninja

251 vote(s)
    45.5%
  12. Kunoichi

25 vote(s)
    4.5%
  13. Dark Knight

8 vote(s)
    1.4%
  14. Striker

97 vote(s)
    17.6%
  15. Mystic

263 vote(s)
    47.6%
  16. Lahn

52 vote(s)
    9.4%
  17. Archer

158 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jexz

I had a warrior test out his FPS on me. its not that its a slower animation its that it does half the damage in the same animation. at least on the skill he was testing on me. The movement is probably where the animations differ.

2. Strider Roshin

Ah so warriors are pretty bad in comparison to other classes then on console?

3. easay9

it does both higher FPS speeds up animation and applies more damage its honestly why I still think the PC version is in need of a major fix.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

depends on how you look at it. one might say here they have advantage if your pc is good. along with other classes that profit from high fps.

5. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

This!

As for me zerkers are the bighest nightmare of all when it comes to 1v1.
    And guess what, its the class i have absolutely no exp with and also no duel exp since you meet them so rare. But if a skilled one shows up i just get blown. Still i would never say its the most op pvp class

BloodLeshen likes this.
  6. iloveKuchen

But you meet many warriors and if u get a skilled one you get rekt shrekt errect cold too^^

A class, imo, is OP if you get rekt shrekt errekt cold if a NON skilled one shows up.

7. BloodLeshen

Well by those standards strikers and mystics should be top..

Because a non skilled one could still beat you. I've once fought a 249ap mystic with my 220ap and I lost twice and won once but it was really long dragged out fights like 30sec-1min each because we both obviously didn't do that much damage. He told me he is pretty much softcap afterwards and for a few seconds I felt so good that I've beaten a Mystic with 249ap HOWEVER he also said he only has been playing Mystic 3 days so then it sunk in.. 3days probably means no experience and no skill points.. So I probably should've won? -_-

8. iloveKuchen

Yes and thats why at least when i ask around people think mystic is still broken like ****.
    More gear makes mystic even better, it can evasion meme and still kill you..its also top top tier PVE so..yes if in doubt play mystake is always the answer.

Edit: i just checked, mystic has the most votes, striker has at least weakness in his kit and not scaling greatly and its not stronk pve.

9. Boojangles

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

This is not how you judge a class. You actually need a guy with brain and hands behind it to make it work.

https://streamable.com/7ds1c
    https://streamable.com/nj858

11. Exaah

I wouldnt trust a sheet that cant even spell Wizard correctly Kappa

edit: added a Kappa in case someone takes this seriously

#231 Exaah, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  12. Boojangles

Im glad you brought this up. First let me say thats some fine ranger play. Now im not trying to say ranger cant whoop some a$$. That video does not show that ranger is good, but its showing that they player is amazing. Ill also point out that there are classes who would have pulled off a similar engauge/escape BUT they would also be able to grab some kills. Sorc, ninja, zerk for example might have been able to pull it off. Im not saying ranger should be able to as well. If you look She had to use her skills to escape even though she stiff'd the musa because going for the kill would mean death. Ranger is good at single target wtf damage from mid distance (mid to larger scale). Long story short she cant do as much as some other classes so putting her in the top 3 is wrong. In pve she dam sure is not in the top 3. Id rank her someplace in the middle in the hands of a competent pvper, garbage tier in the hands of a novice, and upper middle in the hands of the elite.

So to clarify, striker would be an elite class for noobs, but not so much in a room filled with elites fighting one another. Lastly, to address something else ive seen posted alot, OP classes are not just classes noobs can do well on. Its more like risk vs reward - difficulty. So if a class could kill your whole guild solo with one skill, but the timing and skill needed is like catching a fly with chop stix, and any mistake at all = instant death then no thats not op (not everyone at once, or a one shot, but using the skill in such a way to pick everyone off with chip damage. Think playing through megaman with the base weapon and taking 0 damage). That being said whoever pulled it off is prob a hacker.

Again thank you for posting that video as it has improved my opinion on the class somewhat. I look forward to seeing your response

13. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

basically abusing one bugged skill over and over.

14. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

It's really hard to rank ranger since the class is really gear depended and it also depends on the player, more than for some other classes. I also linked the clips only to showcase rangers protected movement since a lot cry how unprotected rangers are in their movement. On paper or not, the skills are there to make the class work, that's a fact. Now if we pay attention the ranger is not only moving protected, she is also recovering the stamina while doing that. At high ap ranger become (we got a 291+ one) super dangerous, also in range fights, meanwhile the fights still require the player to pay attention to what is actually going on. Other classes can play more chill with high gear, not ranger tho.

You mentioned zerker btw. Zerker is a good example cause this class can be a beast in the right hands but others than ranger it sadly can be also played in faceroll mode (q buff + spam one skill and/or ult). But zerker is also kinda scuffed class (after fixes) at low ap and needs gear to actually excel.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/QuaintStylishTurnipSaltBae

Striker might look strong on a low skill level as long as the DP allows to tank a lot but in the end game (if you don't have 340+ DP) striker is very limited with his kit and becomes actually worse. Quite weak in 1vs1 against a lot of matchups and just a bomber in large scale.

For the hacker/cheater part I didn't see any (outside of shadow arena) for over 2,5 years now. If you see anyone that you think is cheating, you should clip it. Most of the time it's probably just some person who popped a pure black stone.
    https://bdocodex.com/us/item/14/
    https://bdocodex.com/us/item/13/

Fateneko likes this.
  15. Boojangles

I agree with what your saying. On the note of ranger i notice that i get cc'd in protections more than other classes ive tried. Im thinking she is very ping reliant compared to some. Recently ive been stunned in breezy blade ALOT. This pretty much never happened until maybe a week or 2 ago. Not sure whats going on there.

I think its important to note that im playing on the east coast, and experience the game a little different than most. I'd really love it if they added a fg or SA to the grab animation. It bugs out alot and seems like it wont get a fix. So not a SA to pressing E, but a SA when we start flipping in the air.

The hacker thing was more of a meeme, but yea there is a well known Zerker hacker in hystria. Apparently alot of people know of him and yet he is still here lol. I have a question. I have a questions for you though. Do you think ranger is op? Why? If so what would you do to fix her?

16. Boojangles

Thats funny because its how i worded it in my head. I wanna say that should'nt be in the game, but then i think of sorc

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Well I don't play NA so I can't really comment on that meme.

Ranger is not op for sure. So there is nothing to "fix" regarding that.

Considering how other classes can be played on lower skill level, I'd make ranger more "noob-friendly"? What changes it would require I can't tell tho since my ranger knowledge is too limited to make a proper suggestion here.

18. Tvvin

Omg Ranger is fun lol But If they wanted to make her more noob friendly to enter, I can see them doing something like :

• Making Blasting Gust > Penetrating wind automatic to land in a simple key toggle or something for rangers unable to cancel it.
    • Additional Stiff to breezy blade because I feel like her pre awakening is a special case
    • Making Call of Earth a automatic passive and deleting the last two ranks / adding some ranged AP due to a bad pve passive
    • Buffifng her PvE to actually be good so will of wind would need tweaking to attract newer players to Ranger
    • prolly fg on shotgun again only if off cooldown

19. Unabating

This thread is a distraction.

The three most OP things in PvP are:
    FPS
    Gear (AP/DP brackets)
    CCs

20. fenzz

and all can be countered with smart play

IWalkAlone likes this.