1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Which classes are the most OP in PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by LightsOut, Mar 12, 2019.

?

Which classes are the most OP in PvP (3 choices)

1. Warrior

22 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. Sorceress

249 vote(s)
    45.1%
  3. Ranger

9 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Berserker

52 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. Tamer

35 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. Musa

46 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Maehwa

5 vote(s)
    0.9%
  8. Valkyrie

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Wizzard

47 vote(s)
    8.5%
  10. Witch

60 vote(s)
    10.9%
  11. Ninja

251 vote(s)
    45.5%
  12. Kunoichi

25 vote(s)
    4.5%
  13. Dark Knight

8 vote(s)
    1.4%
  14. Striker

97 vote(s)
    17.6%
  15. Mystic

263 vote(s)
    47.6%
  16. Lahn

52 vote(s)
    9.4%
  17. Archer

158 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Exaah

Kyraios, Schönfeld and Maginha like this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, it kinda-ish exists in the game already for certain classes. XD

3. mokujinprime

18% Striker
    51% Mystic
    wtf? Striker has all Mystic's protection intact, plus really great damage in PvP!
    Striker is just Mystic but 50x better. Why are people so much more focused on Mystic even after all the nerfs?

Blitzball, PeaceInChaos and Kyraios like this.
  4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Because the poll is ~6 months old. Call me sherlock.

Maginha likes this.
  5. mokujinprime

Wait I thought the nerfs were way older than that though. The most recent one i recall was wolf's frenzy. But a bunch of her SA's and FG's got removed a little while after rabam rolled out. If healing with SA is cheap, then why does Striker have TWO of them. And why does Striker still have FG on Twisted Collision if it was deemed too OP with it on.

Blitzball likes this.
  6. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

More likely because at high end AP a mystic will delete you almost as fast as a Striker while boasting less protection gaps, more agility with animation cancels while at the same time offering utility/debuffs in group fights.

7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

After some duels vs a striker not long ago I am really not sure about the gaps :^)

8. Daigurern

Absolutely not true. Mystics damage scaling is beyond bad, her protection got thrown in the trash bin, her passive damage reduction was simply taken from her in pvp ( +7% incr. damage taken in pvp ), her safe (dis)-engage Wolfe Frenzy is a waste of SP now and a complete suicide attack. At high AP fights, Mystics cant SA damage trade with any other class as she falls off so heavily in terms of damage and simply cant keep up with others. Devs. forgot to stop nerfing Mystic at some point and kept going. But I cant really blame them, I see those uneducated swines in chat everyday, still calling Mystic a faceroll op class while shes below average performing in pvp. ( which was also statistically proven ). Im playing both Mystic and Striker on high AP level and I tell you, dueling for spot on Mystic is no fun anymore. There are way too many classes you literally have no counterplay against, u can try to lure them into traps by positioning and using ur dash in unexpected ways, but u are VERY limited when it comes to SA rotations etc. cuz u gotta save ur 2 damage abilities or u cant even one-combo ppl which equals losing the fight.

Meanwhile.... Striker keeps all the Protection Mystic once had + got buffed alot. And his PVE buffs greatly effected his PVP as well.

Striker is simply an overall stronger version of Mystic.

9. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well mystic got nerfed, yes. But mystic is not as bad as some people are trying so make it sound. It's still a very good PvP class and has better utilities to support the team than striker.

Edit: If someone struggles to duel for spot on mystic then it's usually a git gud issue :^)

Maginha likes this.
  10. Mana_Mafia

Show us these statistics, mister.

11. Zycrus

Don’t need statistics. Mystic lost pretty much all its defensive advantages (even witches can easily kill them now with evasion debuff). And never really had the dmg of other classes. As much as I like the video posted above, the mystic probably has 281+ap. Most other classes can do the same amount of dmg with 261+ap. Give a Musa/sorc/ninja/archer/witch/dk/... that amount of ap the mystic in this video has, and i am convinced result will be similar on the same skill level, just a lot faster. (My Point or view, from trying out lahn, sorc, ninja, dk, mystic, archer, Musa, witch with lvl61/62 and 273 ap, mystic has probably the least dmg although it has the best/longest combos. Which won’t help you a lot in anything else than 1vs1). That said, give mystic one skill with a higher burst (improved dmg on lmb+rmb for example) and it would be the most balanced class imo. Strong in skilled hands and weak when played by inexperienced players. Unlike sorcs/ninjas or even musas, who can pretty much kill anything without effort after 281 ap.

#271 Zycrus, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  12. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Na, she does not. She is ~270 AP and even tho she had gear upgrades she is still far below 281 in any situation.

Zycrus likes this.
  13. Zycrus

My bad then. Thing is, every other class still outdamages mystic on that gear level, unless you got time to pull off some fancy combos. Which makes it far more balanced than before. But also far from being op, like some people still like to cry about

14. eddie972e

in that video, u can kill ppl like that if they are softcap dp, im 289 ap, and i melt softcap dp players, the problem starts once u start fighting ppl ur own gearscore, specially high dmg classes, ninja, kuno, sorc, archer, and musa really hard to trade dmg with them. i think mystic is fine the way she, is she is far from op, i duno why they had to nerf her movemet speed buff from flash step and twisted collition tho.

15. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

That's the thing tho. The mystic is ~270 AP and the people are usually 301-324 DP (maybe some even higher).

16. eddie972e

at 270 ap u can do that to softcap players too, sometimes i switch to kutum, and the dmg is nutty on softcap dp players at 273 ap(with my kutum), but if ur trying to say that mystic dmg is fine, it isnt, mystic is a combo base class thats suppose to be tanky and low dmg, but she is no longer a tanky class nor a dmg dealing class, she has become a pve class, and im fine with that, they will probably wont nerf her again, and im still having fun on the class, but classes that should watch out for the nerf hammer are sorc, ninja, and archer maybe lahn i think they should fix the the wide range grab to make the class more balance.

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

I agree she is not as tanky as she used to be. Her tankyness combined with the entire kit was bit too broken tho.
    Yes, she is a combo class but her combos are quite well protected compared to most classes.
    Also ~301-324 is not really softcap DP. Even tho I'd consider 309 DP nowadays softcap but then again, I'd also consider 269 AP softcap if 309 DP is softcap as well.

18. eddie972e

i know one thing for sure the class has totally lost her identity, like many others, and it sucks, but this game is a revolving door, classes come and go just for pure profit purpose the fools are the ones that keep rerolling to the new fotm class, i fell for this trap once, but i learned mt lesson:)

Maginha and Kauni like this.
  19. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

You are exaggerating quite a bit here as to the downsides of mystic. Sure she was toned down, but not as much as you or some other people would like us to believe. Also Frenzy was never supposed to be faceroll safe engage/disengage, it was just bugged and ppl got too cozy with its buggy state and it was just fixed. As for SA trading, why would you SA trade with someone when you have SA grab on 5s cd. If they are close enough to SA trade they are close enough to be grabbed.
    The same DR nerfs were applied to striker as well. Will have to agree with @Kauni that if you struggle to 1v1 with a good geared mystic in your hands its a "you" issue.

Also @Kauni I agree that we can make up for the gaps by lingering SAs, but that is not always possible depending on the opponent. Because we still eat full dmg while we stay there in that linger and unless you are already pretty high up there in DP you may or may not be able to take such abuse :)

20. Crytan

Crytan Targaryen Valkyrie 62 EU

Wait striker has a kind of lingering sa. Can you explain that a little more detailed to me?