1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Why is game dying

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Marshallx, Jul 12, 2020.

?

Why is this game dying????

Poll closed Aug 11, 2020.
  1. Its to Pay2Win - I cant even get a rank one house and participate fully unless I spend thousands

17.2%
  2. The Coding Sucks... I cant even get into my house without closing the game and re logging

10.5%
  3. The enchanting and upgrading is skewed unless you want to spend real money.

28.7%
  4. This game is Pay2Win.... just like many other games, this game is just over the top.

21.9%
  5. Choose not to respond.

3.3%
  6. The game isn't dying.

58.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Nope, they left for many reasons. I doubt when they finally came here to express their displeasure, a few white knights lying about the game not being P2W didnt set them over the final edge to quit the game.

You would like to believe everyone is as sensitive as you i guess, but that is simply not true. What you classify as negativity is just casual conversation most of the time.

2. Findubar

It's a singleplayer game. And not even a good one at that.

Reyer, Nubek, Fearless V and 6 others like this.
  3. piratebeowolf

LOL It is funny how new people or vets get salty and cry Game death, But we know lol it is just going on and on

4. Columba

yeah. this guys has been back in game trying to get others to leave now.

yet here you are and still buying megaphones....lots last night

how? he purposely excluded the lat option, Game ISNT dying. A moderator included it, and it's got 60% of the votes! that's quite funny.,

#364 Columba, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2020
  5. Ben Phoenix

I still wonder if the moderator would add "the game is dying" on an opposite thread though.

crawlord, FrozenReaper and Jinoro like this.
  6. Diepel

It would be pretty challenging to first of all phrase an opposite thread in the same stupid way.

Columba likes this.
  7. Columba

Wha
    . What opposite thread? Opposite would be why is the game growing? Then mods should add option of game isn’t growing. You made a false comparison.

8. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

In what reality is 231 less than 183?

9. Andaro

Ambassador

Having come from a publisher where we cycled games like changing underwear, I've probably read this thread and all its sentiments a thousand times over, so much that I could probably write a movie script from memory.

When you boil it down, at the end...you have all the gear, and you have all the levels, and you have the trinkets and doodads and bells & whistles.... And youve done it all, till one day you're standing around feeling like there isn't anything left...

And it's a right feeling to have, because games are built to entertain us,...and when you're not entertained anymore then what does a game offer you at that point...?

But that's the nature of every game out there isn't it? Every game has that plateau that a user reaches where they feel like there isn't anything else for them to aspire to or achieve....

But in all my years, what I have found to always be true, ...as a wise Game Master once told us young game sages.... In the end, what is most important, is Community. It's your friends, your allies, your foes and your comrades. The trolls and the knights, the peepos and peepettes, (and baguettes)....

Community is what makes a game alive, and only when the community is gone, does a game truly begin to feel The Nothing. There are games to this day whose towns and zones are empty and barren as The Nothing, but still they are alive because they have the one thing keeps their servers online, and their taverns lively with banter and song;

Community.

Fateneko and NoobGamersBerlin like this.
  10. KhaosThanathan

Quite a funny sentiment.

BDO is designed in a way to avoid community-building. The only element that slightly supports community-building are node wars - and that's an activity for the upper 1% of the playerbase. Node wars and Vell are the only reasons why you want other people anyway - else BDO is pretty much a Single Player experience.

Why is that so? Because for greedy publishers, proper communities suck. They're goddamn awful in several ways. They complain about sh*tty things. They demand reasonable game design. All that kind of stuff. That's why most publishers - especially of modern MMORPGs don't want proper communities. They're bad PR and complain about P2W-shenanigans and bad game design.

crawlord, Reyer, Nubek and 3 others like this.
  11. Khondo

You can still have a great community in a single player game. I am GM for a great PVE lifeskill guild that supports all it's member and enjoys bringing new players into the game

12. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Try understanding poll options.

Columba likes this.
  13. Columba

Polls are hard...or it is poles?

flukeSG2 likes this.
  14. Andaro

Ambassador

You could have put "I like pie" up there and folks would have voted for pie....(seriously, it's happened before)

15. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

That's sounds like a oxymoron to me.

crawlord and Jinoro like this.
  16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Obviously you and a few others are the ones who don't understand the poll options, and that 4 of the options fall under the category of the game dying, while one abstains and the other is against. Those that are for are the majority, and against is in the minority. LOL!

17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Imagine not being able to understand polling options!

5bf.jpg

18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Imagine not comprehending the fat that multiple choices are allowed thus many people probably voted several times, except those who think game isn't dying.

Sigh, post more fancy pictures, doesn't make your point more relevant but at least you please teenagers.

Khondo likes this.
  19. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I'm not a teenager so I wouldn't know, I'll have to take your word for it.

You do realize nothing prevents you from clicking all of them?

Snipaste_2020-07-18_21-37-03.png

The poll is garbage. Just like the game.

Is that picture pleasing enough for you?

Jinoro likes this.
  20. Khondo

One man's trash is another man's treasure !

Fearless V and flukeSG2 like this.