1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Why is game dying

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Marshallx, Jul 12, 2020.

?

Why is this game dying????

This poll will close on Aug 11, 2020 at 10:21 PM.
  1. Its to Pay2Win - I cant even get a rank one house and participate fully unless I spend thousands

17.2%
  2. The Coding Sucks... I cant even get into my house without closing the game and re logging

10.5%
  3. The enchanting and upgrading is skewed unless you want to spend real money.

28.7%
  4. This game is Pay2Win.... just like many other games, this game is just over the top.

21.9%
  5. Choose not to respond.

3.3%
  6. The game isn't dying.

58.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Khondo

I think the only thing that is dead is the arguments on the Post.

Columba likes this.
  2. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Forums being dead is indicative of a dying game just saying. I do not think bdo is dying just yet, but it is definitely heading in that direction.
    I have played this game since launch with a few breaks in between, over seven thousand hours of gameplay. I have nineteen characters with several at 61 and all bar one of the others at sixty. One under fifty alt. Five of these characters reached sixty before the questing for xp came into being. I have over 570 energy and 370 ish cp. I think that qualifies me to be able to have an opinion about this game.
    I don't have a facebook, twitter or any other social media account and during this lockdown I have some time on my hands to have a chat. It is fun for me and as such I will post replies on any thread that spikes an interest in me.

Hezekiel, Jinoro and DafuqYouLookinAt like this.
  3. LightningFFXIII-4

You can't even participate in T1 anymore unless your "Geared" to bypass the AP/DP Caps... Not to mention the right class.

I don't even know why PA is releasing another "Flanking" class, when almost all of them are trash. Literally nothing to do but afk fish, farm kagtums or Trees and minimize the game. Even the BDO streams are nothing but grinding in a circle or afk riders.

If this game didn't have AFK mechanics prob half the players would find it easier to quit it.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  4. Sparzy

I've played this game a few years now and it only filled in the hole when my main game Firefall died. The game is all fine but starting new toons and going thru the same missions over and over can be a bit boring, i do like theres more crossroad choices but think there should be more.

I've gotten a lot of the knowledge in the game and been almost everywhere, i have been playing other games a lot recently. I've always loved the sci-fi and guns in games and a few of these games have pulled my attention.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  5. Menor

Yeah and how many of those things were different from each other? You know, not half afk while You wait for process to complete or kept running in circles while killing or gathering things?

6. KhaosThanathan

Hey, afk-content is one of the main trademarks of BDO!

Either being brain-afk (while grinding) or semi-/full-afk (while life-skllling) is awesome or... well... something...

MoonDance17, Tracey and Menor like this.
  7. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

That's not true. BDO actually copies exactly what mobile game do. Nothing about BDO outside of combat is remotely innovative. Far as P2W Korean MMOs goes, BDO is top notch. But that's it.

8. Tracey

So true, I play Skyrim on another computer that's next to the computer I have black desert open on just so I don't get bored haha :) sailing from location to location is so snooze fest

9. MADE

What is innovative in it's combat?

10. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

No MMORPG before hide its logs and have FPS effecting game mechanics. but on serious note TERA was first non target game.
    I guess "innovating" is part where exploits count as "intended futures"

11. MADE

Yeah I also think the being lazy to implement basic features count as "innovation".

12. Tracey

Actually not even that lol, BDO does combat well, but Vindictus did action combat before BDO, and did it better lo,l with destructible environments lol :D

Life skills a large variety of ways to make silver is about all this has going for it and its beautiful, the loads of options of gameplay keep it alive aka life skills imho, until another game comes up with as many things to do for the same justifiable end game aka getting top gear or w/e , this one will thrive I think anyway

Menor likes this.
  13. Marshallx

See my new poll as it might shed some light on why this game is dying.

14. Khondo

Why do you run around attacking other players? Why do you and your guild, everyday, attack other guilds in GVG's. Why do siege guilds do the same attack/defense every week?

BECAUSE it is all continuous content of BDO. No matter whether you life skill, grind, or PVP, BDO has almost unlimited content in the game.

If you are too short sighted to see that well BDO, or any MMO, is not the game for you. Go back to Skyrim and keep building new mods over and over again....

15. Tracey

hey now what about those of us that do that while afk winning this game at the sametime huh :P lol multi-taskin ftw <3

I think what he was trying to say is the quality of the content could be better, maybe I'm missing something but I think he has a point, for example the sailing in this game is about as engaging as watching a goldfish in water stare back at you

#675 Tracey, Aug 1, 2020 at 11:49 PM
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 12:11 AM
    Menor and MoonDance17 like this.
  16. Menor

Exactly. Entire content is litteraly what adults use to keep young ones engaged with an ipad.
    Easy, forever repetitive minigames that give nothing except virtual numbers in certain parts of the screen. So little one can be focused on something and think its epic funtime, while in reality all it serves is to just put kid down somewhere and make it watch screen to let the mom have some peace and quiet.

I would understand if those "nolifes" would play 4 different games through the day. Instead they waste +/-16hours on BDO and pretend its intelectual entertainment. This **** is classified by WHO.

#676 Menor, Aug 2, 2020 at 8:53 AM
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:01 AM
  17. MADE

If you think brainlessly killing mobs is "content", then literately every game which have mobs have unlimited content.
    That not going to make those game fun though.

(Also it's not considered content by any 60iq+ player.)

18. Marshallx

Yes well that does make sense; Aren't all in agreement that Pay2Win is a great way to have fun???

19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Actually the games with the highest active population playing them are not P2W. You can't pay those dev teams to give you a advantage against those that don't. eSports are also not P2W.

The whole P2W thing is mostly a Korean thing. The only thing you could consider being P2W in the popular Western games is their expansions and DLC packs. But for example ESO since I'm playing that mostly these days. You could pay the devs $10,000,000 and if you suck you will still perform worse than a 2 month old good player, who've only paid for the DLCs and Expansions. ESO also have more players playing that then BDO does.

BDO's population numbers are inflated by being operational in many regions of the Earth and AFK gameplay. I'm willing the bet BDO's NA and EU active population numbers even with AFK gameplay is only a fraction of ESO's. If you've play both games you can experience for yourself how empty BDO feels player wise compared to ESO.

So I have to disagree the "all in agreement that Pay2Win is a great way to have fun." Maybe it is for players that masquerade as gamers.

20. MADE

Did you checked the western mobile games? : )

Jinoro and Tracey like this.