1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Will they actually do individual class balances?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OptimusPrime, Apr 23, 2018.

?

Actual work done on individual classes?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  3. They will do a blanket AP/DR reduction using renown, and "monitor" class performance

18 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OptimusPrime

The whole renown system is designed so that:

1) They don't have to go through the time-consuming process of actually balancing each class
    2) To protect the liberties of soft cap people so they can continue to be op. (This is why they added the most amount of bonuses to the strongest player - to ensure that their happiness is retained)

What are the chances that they will actually:

1) Sit down, and analyze each classes' current situation
    2) Promptly proceed to address actual issues and make significant and meaningful changes to each class

#1 OptimusPrime, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  2. OptimusPrime

Actually, I just realized that this whole thing has nothing to do with class balance.

Class balance isn't even a factor for this change.

The whole renown system is just there to keep the whales happy.

KrimsonSky likes this.
  3. Brightcide

The CC changes, the Renown system, and the Cron Enhancement system they tried to push have all been catered to whales. They keep pushing these ******** changes and mechanics to keep their big spenders happy, but they're going to lose the rest of the playerbase in the process (minus the casual players that couldn't give two shits less what happens with combat/PvP).

T800 likes this.
  4. OptimusPrime

I like how they address class balancing.

mr kim: "okay, warrior is op"
    PA: "lets make an even more op class called striker and give it insane base physical damage reduction. while we're at it lets make it cc for days. These new guys will handle warriors as well as any other class released in the past"

mr kim: "i think witch is a bit op"
    PA: "lets give striker some tits, and make it equally op but magic resist. while we're at it, lets make it so that they can get 500hp every 5 seconds. yea~~ we like making things op."

PA: "people are crying about rangers"
    mr kim: "my accountants tells me no one buys ranger outfits. don't spend time working on rangers."

Kakao: "there's this guy Bloo..."
    mr kim: "get my chopper ready. call all our lawyers. wake the whole staff up. call the police. how dare he publicly scrutinize our lack of encryption"
    PA: "the community is crying"
    mr kim: "its okay, they're still playing. carry on."

5. ambyentlight

They will adjust renown on how it scales for each class at best, but they wont bother with things like adjusting indepth class skill modifiers.

The 2 classes that will remain untouched are wizards and witches with present renown scale, because PA thinks its magic.

T800 likes this.