1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

population of na/eu vs korean version of bdo

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GreyRebel, Sep 8, 2018.

1. GreyRebel

Hi ,
    So hows the population of korean version vs na/eu version ?
    Please answer if u recently played there , and lets say if some1 start today at korean version , how long it takes to catch up there vs here .
    Ty

Prime Vlilijorn likes this.
  2. Prime Vlilijorn

^^^ More specifically or also stats of average monthly active players per region. (Not only/just # of accounts).

3. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

no one knows and they wont release such info, cuz it would be shameful to have such little number

VasilisD likes this.
  4. Frazan

Frazan Ranger 61 EU

about 10 millions players around the world so make the count.

5. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

on steam the population has gone up by 4% since the crone stone melting patch, with a peak of 16k in the last 24 hours, if the none steam is 2 times more, i would say the combined population on NA is around 60k at peak hours more or less, from this i think that the accounts that actually play the game actively is around 150~300 k. that being said, you cant find any popular grind spot not over run by a bunch of players at any given time

my opinion the game is pretty populated, if the developers would add more content, and finish the class balance like they promised , the population would be much much higher

6. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

lol
    i guess you are referring to tweet from bdo to achieved 10m registered users?

Tvvin likes this.
  7. Frazan

Frazan Ranger 61 EU

yup i know it's registration not acctual player base

8. Creence

Creence Witch 61 EU

It's 30 days, not since 29th of August. Remaster brought some people, peak increased from 11,8k up to 15,6k.
    And btw. u forgot about eu version.

9. LogicaI

NA population is much higher than KR,everytime i log back into my account on kr it feels dead af....

EU? What's that? There are only 4 relevant pvpers on EU,30 man zergs not 80-100,Just irrelevant.

I watch EU nodewars and sieges almost every week via streams/youtube,i've not seen a single decent one since over a year ago.

10. Noble One

you question is very unanswerable as it be pure opinion since no one has access to those numbers. also it would take just as long to catch on KR levels wise.

11. AZzalor

AZzalor Hyneria Maehwa EU

your question is very strange. what exactly do you wanna know? the total number of kr accounts? the average players per day/month?

Don’t forget that you can’t really compare the2 regions as NA has generally a much bigger population (not the server, actually north america) than korea which results in a much bigger player base of course.

kr has very likely a higher % in people playing the game tho and it is very popular there. Koreas even refer to bdo as the „god game“

GreyRebel likes this.
  12. Rayin

If you'd play there you'd find a gear gap even bigger than in NA/EU since they had Caphras for over an year and Cron melting, plus the language barrier & the natural habit of Koreans/Japanese/Chinese players to be as talkative as a rock especially with foreigners, would drive you crazy in less than a month and make you quit this game for good.

I dunno if they are more than EU/NA people, but certainly a fresh start in there is more traumatic than in here for an infinite pletora of reasons.

GreyRebel and LogicaI like this.
  13. Solsi

South Korea only has 50+ million something residents, so of course their BDO population is much smaller than NA&EU versions. It's just one single country v.s multiple countries or states.

Black Desert Online isn't a top popular/ranked game in Korea either. But mmorpgs in general aren't exactly thriving in Korea. It's the home country of E-sport and PC Bangs.

Their versions is basically smaller, more dead and with much larger gear&wealth gaps because ahead of us in terms of content and cash shop advantages.

14. GreyRebel

Ty for ur answers
    Tbh the reason i asked the question is that many people in forum n game say the game is dead , so i was thinking if im investing my time why dobt i go to the main server wich might have a better future (i also know that literly in every single game i played the forum and players say the game is dead coz it doesnt give them all what they want ).
    When i first joined this game less than 2 months ago , i loved this game , that was until i joined the forum , every1 talks negative about the game. Idk i might give the korean version a try

15. Rayin

It's not dead, but is crippled by questionable decisions.
    If you go in Korea you're just gonna quit straight, at this point is better if you reroll EU if you play NA or NA if you play EU.

16. Denthors

then don't come on forum? The forum is a place to complain/give feedback (usualy bad) and seek help for a bug(thats negative too) or about something that you don't like or irritate you. So its totally normal to read 99 negative post out of 100. its like that on every single game forum .....lol ... you funny. ....About the population ... anyone who tell you this game is dead, is simply not liking this game. The game you play don't need to have the biggest player pool if you like it or if your are solo player. for example I play Mech warrior online , its a niche game very low population but I LIKE IT SO IT DOES NOT MATTER. its a game , not a popularity contest

this forum is definitively not a good place to make friends or a place to talk positively about the game. people do that via other social media

Here another example, streamers, streamers usually NEVER post anything on forum. like BB I think he have like 1 or 2 post. but oh god does people speak about him here and negatively XD

also am not gonna lie to you . about 1 to 3% of the a game population visit the official game forum , and about 1% of that 1 to 3% read the patch note.

like I literally never come on forum , only when I seek information , and when I see stuff like your post I can not not post :)

we the players PLAY the game, we don't come on forum. if you are seeking social entertainment I think your best bet would be to try IN-GAME.

so cya in game :)

#16 Denthors, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    GreyRebel likes this.
  17. LightningFFXIII-4

NA/EU is about 50k players.