1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Port Ratt, Kingdom of Haso

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Ente♡, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Ente♡

Yes, I am aware that it takes time to sail out there, and it's too far to travel to.
    But I am curious about what's behind the gates, I have seen the pictures of what the inside looks like currently. Well the half-assed work that's been done.
    Link to pictures here: https://imgur.com/a/AAGgF

I would actually like to see the gates opened, or even to have like a key to enter the kingdom, because if you follow the lore of it. It literally only states that "The Kingdom has closed it's doors." (ref: https://blackdesertonline.fandom.com/wiki/Kingdom_of_Haso ) In which means that it should have a king or a queen, now all the other cities in BDO all have their Kings/Queen along with the history behind it. This is where I mention Tamer because she is known as "Princess of the Fallen Kingdom" but correct me if I'm wrong when going to Port Ratt one of the NPCs talk about the Royal family, I believe so. I would need to travel there to confirm it at one point. So my only thought that this is referring to that because Tamer class is supposed to be KoH.

"She was standing right in the turmoil of a civil war. The entire royal family was slaughtered by rebels. One of the queen's handmaid managed to save a newborn princess and escape, and she reached the Haemo Island, a forbidden area, after running away from the chasers." - https://blackdesertonline.fandom.com/wiki/Tamer

This is the only another clue we have about KoH, which indicates some of it's lore in which this could relate back to Illezra, which yes I know this is stretch but it wouldn't be the first time Illezra has messed with a Royal family, referring to the '3 days of darkness.' The only other clue I can think of is the P2W items for your game you can buy which is Oriental looking tea sets, in which the set of Port Ratt is very Oriental looking along with the style of clothing that is worn by the NPCs and the style of the tamers Pearl Outfits. Which is intentional.

Also two teaser YT videos that the DEVs released:
    (1)
    (2)

When watching the video (1) you can see in the background of the Lahn when she is fighting the rebels in KoH at 0:37 the flag of Haso behind her:
    [​IMG]
    SOOOO all in all, I really want to see more development on Kingdom of Haso because it's already so interesting to me, and I just want know PA, PLEASE!! Also sorry for my Lazy grammar, along with this is just what I think, I'm open to hear other thoughts and opinions! <3

2. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

think they will finish current continent before any part of haso get released

3. Gojira

yeah id like to see that expansion also, although if they do they should really just shorten margoria sea to allow more room up north as it is a long journey of empty sea space with a couple sea monsters dottered here and there.

Honestly a better place for it would have been north of black desert valencia. you could have made land bridges and then you can still horse travel everywhere.

id like to see it but i feel we prob wont get to see it as my guess is crimson desert will take priority.

4. Whitrix

Ambassador

One small detail about Haso is that not a single far eastern class lore calls their homeland Haso. "Far East", "Eastern realm", "Orient", etc. None says the word Haso. That's why people refrain from explaining those classes's lore with "Yes they come from Haso", even if that's the only country we know from that part of the world.
    Interestingly, the introduction for one of the characters of Shadow Arena does say that the Order of the Apricot (Maehwa) operates within the Kingdom of Haso, so that's at least one confirmed far eastern-inspired class backstory that takes place there.

I have a tinfoil theory that connects most of the far eastern classes, but there's no much proof outside of the mentions of civil wars in the various stories.

As for release, PA has said they wanted to complete the current continent first, though they previewed a Hasoan themed island as part of the Great Expedition, but is yet to be released.

5. T800

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It seems to be in the Concept Art stage of development, meanwhile Crio vs Otter content already had screenshots and combat presented last summer, and it took them 6 month to finish with it.
    So feels like we are a year or more away from it.

6. Chors

We dont even have northern part of Valencia or land near 2nd mediah castle. This will take years to come.

7. Parthin

Yes, I think that's the real issue here. Do they want to force players to buy boats and sail there and back, or should they produce some faster, safer means of getting there; which doesn't accord with one basic principle of BDO: that travel and map position matters. Sailing there would be a difficult choice, because you're going to be cut-off from the rest of the game until you sail back.

8. Korvgubben

A smaller update with a few residence houses + some NPCs with some minor fishing/daily quests and it would be on pair with Iliya island which would be enough for the time being imo.

9. magret

you can use the NPC boat and use the travel time to fish too, you'll be occasionally interrupted by sea monsters, but that's a safer alternative, and you don't lose the travel time if you do this when you planned to semi afk fish anyway. Then there is a market there, you can buy a fishing boat on site or do a daily for a small fast raft (for small trips only, it loses dura fast)

it would be great already if the cooldown for fishing weekly (or any repeatable) quests started when you pick the quest and not when you complete it so you actually have a week to fullfill a weekly instead of having to finish it righ away (assuming you expect to do weeklies every week for whatever reason)
    Weeklies in Margo are so painful to do when you just want to finish them to go back doing other stuff that you're better off forgetting they even exist.

10. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Areyn EU

The ship is already further than concept stage, I've seen it in a trailer. Speculation is that it's the upgraded guild boat and that it comes with the great expedition part 2, of which we even have one loading screen, probably what's behind the closed door where Ravinia is. It's cooking, but Odylita is first. Maybe it's something for the 2nd half of 2020. Once more and more people get their Carracks, they need something new to do, except getting rich through bartering :)

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  11. Korvgubben

I got tired of the christmas decoration lag in the towns so I've been spending the last 12 or so days in Port Ratt/Margoria harpooning and fishing. Its been quite nice but the activities are very limited out here.

12. magret

you can restock your corals, your giant shell thingy meat and make glue (that sells nicely nowadays), then idk... audio books help with repetitive mindless activities.

13. Korvgubben

OR, I could go for guru harpoon titles. I've estimated that it should take somewhere around 90 hours per fish table :^)

14. magret

i definitely wouldn't do that without a good audio book saga. geez. I'm falling asleep just for imagining i'm gonna imagine it.

15. zhagsten

It's still a big downtime locked on one character.
    They would have to add a balloon transportation that goes faster and automatically drops you on arrival. And that would already be annoying, meaning it's something players would take into account when evaluating the interest of the content there.
    The whole Margoria sea was an interesting idea on its own as a corner of the map, but it automatically condemn content on the other side. It's far bigger than the Desert, it's slower to cross and it's abysmal visually speaking. You don't want to ask your players to go through that as a prerequisite for a new grinding zone.