1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerleveling in Black Desert...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lepercy, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lepercy

We all see it every day, multiple times and more and more players are trying to jump on the bandwagon. Offer a service to the players ingame to grant them a faster way to get to a higher rank but only if they gift the asking player the amount they choose.

Most any other mmo’s to date, will not tolerate this as this induces a way for players and the community to bypass some of the cash shop features for which the developers and or publishers of said game, have created in this environment, to ease the burden of leveling to these levels.

If you are a current player or a new player or even a returning player, you already know that leveling without any form of assistance from items in the pearl shop makes getting to these higher levels more difficult. This being said, most players that want to attain these more epic and higher levels, invest into the pearl shop and buy what they need to earn their experiences. As such these services are offered through the developers and or publishers themselves.

The issue at hand now, is that one key player has started a trend…. And thus now others are falling in suit thinking they can do the same by offering a third-party service, not licensed by the Kakao Games, to players utilizing the gifting feature of the Pearl Shop. Thus, they are offering to get players to a higher level in the game fast, bypassing the need to purchase a costume(s), inventory space, weight and other possibly needed items to attain these higher levels, in a speedy and faster method.

By allowing such a event to happen, Kakao games will be at a loss for some of the proceeds they would eventually gain from the players having to buy said extra items other than the “pearls” themselves, and are being taken abroad by ingame players offering a third party leveling service.

A few ideas that I myself have come up with that may or may not help this situation:
    1. Limit number of pearls / pearl shop items, allowed to be gifted per week total.

2. Institute a Pearl cap. I.e. 20000 cap either for a daily amount or total weekly amount.

3. Remove the pearl shop gifting ability.
    Examples and images of players offering a non-licensed service to players.

[​IMG]

I have decided to simplify the key points of the TOS in regards to this issue at hand.

https://goo.gl/qMukwk

The complete terms of service agreement from Kakao Games as found by the below link:

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/legal/terms-of-use

#1 Lepercy, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. LogicaI

You can go ahead and remove that persons name from that screenshot as for naming and shaming forum rules.

It would be one thing if your context of this player was not negative via the posts intent. but since it is you need to block out or remove the name of the player in the screenshot.

[Edit] Ty for adhering to forum rules

#2 LogicaI, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    Lepercy likes this.
  3. Mate, for as many threads as there already are on Lady_PK, it’s not naming and shaming but a psa.

Literally just forum search Lady_PK to save yourself some pearls. This is in the interest of new players who know no better to help keep them from getting scammed.

peanut777, Hakazumi and Asterotis like this.
  4. LogicaI

If this person legitimately does this,I see no scam. Pearl trades have been discussed in great detail already by gm and they are fine with it.

5. Did you... read any of the threads on this guy? Legit trade for service is not at question here.

6. LogicaI

did you... read any of this OP's post and how it sets the context? I was not debating x persons legitimacy all i did was make sure he was adhering to forum rules which he kindly did. But i could care less if this person is or is not a scammer,the rules of the forum still apply.

7. Julohr

Any mmorpg have that services this is not new.
    Harder for BlackDesert cause there are no grind bot (at least not public) but they do exist.

And I don't see the issues if someone got money and do powerleveling his account ?
    What's your problems If u can explain to me.
    I don't care if someone spend 600$ to level 1 to 60 clearly

8. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Let's please not start another LadyPk thread.
    Lets leave this player alone already. I don't even know her and I'm standing in defense.

The staff has already made it quite clear doing this ok.

If people want to be powerleveled and screw themselves up in the process, let them. Its their prerogative.

If they want to *redacted* and give players pearl gifts for doing so, let them.

It doesn't harm you, it doesn't harm me, it doesn't harm the company. It only harms the player doing it. Why? Because they miss out on many opportunities along the way.

Who are we to stop someone from sticking a fork in a power socket. I prefer to give them the fork and let them go at it.

Brightcide, Dai2D and LogicaI like this.
  9. Lepercy

What no one here seems to understand is that by trading pearls to the servicer for such a service will bypass possibly a few real money purchases in the pearl shop via the player if they did not powerlevel? Is this not a clear thing to you all?

I know if I was running a company and provided services to customers to make money and then found out that my customers were bartering thus services between themselves or even the open market for which takes my companies profit away.... I would do something to either reduce this or stop it all together.

Best example: A hair salon has a few stylists. They offer products and services through their company. Little to be known, one or a few of the stylists go off and do this outside of the company for personal profit gain, thus taking away possible profit from the company.

10. Lepercy

Also, for this to be anything similar to the "other" threads, this is another topic of conversation for which needs addressed.... Nothing to do with the scamming players topics. Need to find solutions to either reduce the ability or even remove the ability for players to profit off of Kakao's company margins.

11. LogicaI

So you are concerned with Kakaos profit? Should that be an issue that is Kakao's issue if they edit TOS to more accurately crack down on this. not ours.

12. Ambiguity

Ambiguity Rooting Berserker 62 EU

Logical btw

13. Life Aries

IDK why you assume that people who gift for power leveling aren't still buying cash shop items. It's not like any of the things that will help you get from 1 to 60 aren't useful once you hit your target level.

14. Thanak

Because the pearl they pay for the powerlevelling 'service' appear out of thin air ?

Kanimae likes this.
  15. Gramms

If a friend offer me a processing outfit i dont mind help him lvl (eu server) blink blink :p

Guys its impossible to power lvl someone

16. Spartakatz

No big deal, even item sales for pearls are officially tolerated.

Also, XP is the smallest issue in the whole game, you level super fast and then end up not being able to learn skills because no SP.

Julohr and Gramms like this.
  17. LoanWolf

LevelNoobs2Win

18. Dai2D

Lady_Pkys (Formerly Lady_PK)

Here to Chime in a bit. I don't see what the big fuss is about really. I'm gonna name a two key points why this shouldn't change and I encourage others to do the same.

It helps players who are unable to afford pearls.
    I've got so many guild members that just don't have the budget to afford all the nice new items Kakao loves to release. A lot of times I share the workload with them and they get their share. It keeps them more entertained with the fact they're able to use and enjoy the extra content/comfortability the pearl shop provides. (Keeps them happy they get to enjoy the P2W aspect without having to Pay for it but Grind for it. G2W Sounds fair right?)

It puts money in Kakao's Pocket.
    Assuming it's done for STRICTLY ONLY pearls as it should be, there are so many players out there sitting with pearls that they don't even know what to do with. You shouldn't be the judge of what they spend their money on just because they have more money than you do time. It's their money let them spend it on whatever they want. They could spend 10k on Bleach for all I care, people spend money on things you find stupid every day of our lives. Might as well let them stick it in Kakao's pocket and help maintain the game we all love to play.

There are plenty of people who have come up with exploits, or loop holes for things. This doesn't break the game in any sort of way assuming it's done correctly. Scamming is entirely unacceptable by Kakao and they've made that apparent as it damages our community, and are entirely unwilling to assist players who do in fact get scammed. So as always be careful of who you trust, don't bother with someone who hasn't gone out of their way to create a positive reputation for themselves in the community. If they're missing skill points so what? You still get plenty enough to unlock your awakened abilities which in fact are stronger in the first place. You can go back and clear content easier and at a pace they're okay learning the game at. Like it's their choice, some people want to take their time some people wanna rush to get to the fun part. If they want to spend their money on that then so be it! It's their money. They earned it, they do what they want with it.

Like to anyone and everyone reading this thread. I've maybe spent less than 60$-80$ on this game myself out of my own pocket. Mostly because there are literally some items that are just ungiftable and there isn't any way around that. So very key things like Weight, Lodging, Bundle Packs, etc. Yet I have Full T4 pets, 14 maids of each kind, tons of furniture, nearly all outfits and costumes, etc. Like you name it I have it all, everything and anything I could ever want from the pearl shop. Unlimited amounts of Artisan Memories, Megaphones, Tears. Granted I've grinded for hours, and hours on end but that's all this game is anyways! One big giant grindfest, so why not sacrifice some Xp, maybe some silver and earn a few pearls on the side? If there was a mechanic a literal button that when toggled said "Sacrifice small amounts of XP/Silver and earn pearls" EVERYONE WOULD HAVE THAT TOGGLED. So I encourage players despite it probably affecting the amount of people/customers come to me at the end of the day, to absolutely try this when you're able to. 1-56 Can be done at Sausans with just 160 AP in under a few hours, it isn't difficult at all. I've debated actually putting up a youtube on how to effectively get pearls because it's a viable option for the player who can't afford to spend big bucks like his pay to win guildie.

19. Cardiel

Cardiel Disglair DarkKnight NA

So what do they do exactly? Let someone leech exp in exchange for pearls?

20. AlnilamE

Yes. I would guess a fast horse with 2-seater and good knowledge of optimal XP areas per level range.

If a player gifts someone pearls for power leveling at the expense of using the pearls on themselves, Kakao still got the money.

Your example would only be valid if the people offering power-leveling services were asking to be paid via PayPal (and this would be against the ToS).

As long as people are buying power-leveling with Pearls, then Kakao gets the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.