1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Pre-Announcement] Pet Exchange Renewal

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 24, 2018.

1. warriors

You can choose one.

2. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

Yeah, but if I do I'm stuck with the appearances I already had, right? Basically if you want to get a T3-looking Hedgehog right now that happens naturally when you T3 a hedgehog. But if you have to lock appearance to your T1 Hedgehog, you don't get the higher level appearances. That sucks. They need to have a "Pet Type" attribute, tie the special skill to that, and let you lock it separate from appearance.

3. Mattys

Wow I just wasted my pets then.. jesus christ rito..

4. Andaro

Ambassador

oops, ty for pointing that out.....I missed the first part of the formula.

So to fix that it would be, in Blitz's case

(T3 +T1)+ T1+ T1 +T1
    (15% ) + 15% + 15% + 15%
    60% chance for T4

:3

I see why I read that wrong. I counted the first pet as a percentage....the first pet don't count in the equation.....

So for anyone else reading, ignore the % of the first pet, ....total up the % of additional pets you add......Putting parenthesis around the first two pets helped me understand that better

#24 Andaro, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    Mimimimi likes this.
  5. Zakai

When is this being implemented?

6. 6footgeeks

Thanks for being clear about PEt enhancements rates... i guess

Though id rather you just did simple additive enhancements rather than RNG. tier 1-4 50 quid per pet. 250 quid per customer with full T4 pets.

7. nuhji

hopefully when this going live it'll actually work like the math stated, because on the global lab it's actually like this atm
    Tier 3 + Tier 3 (35% base chance of getting Tier 4) + Tier 3 (+30% chance of getting Tier 4) + Tier 1 (+10% chance of getting Tier 4) + Tier 1 (+10% chance of getting Tier 4) = 85% Chance of getting Tier 4
    cause it seems the values are 5% lower beyond the initial main pet and the first one to smash

8. Fasque

Those changes are very welcomed from my side, since I have many lonely pets which I finally can use! Thanks alot for doing this!

I wanted to ask if there are more changes planed for the future for the pet system particularly for the skills which can be learned from different species. Some of the skills seem to be pointless on certain pets.

For me as a dedicated hunter for example the hunting exp skill is very messed up since it can only be learned by birds which have the natural talent of a higher knowledge gain chance and not life exp. This makes the 3% hunting exp skill totally useless for me because I'm better served with getting my T4 pets out with 4% life skill exp as a natural talent (Cats, Choppy and so on) instead.
    Same for the 3% farming or processing exp which shows up exclusively on species with the natural talent of skill exp gain and many more.

I would really appreciate it if all skills could be learned by all species (like with combat exp and karma recovery) of pets that I could really optimize my pet groups for the different life skills.

Thanks for your time!
    greez

ps. keep in mind as always - english isn't my native language but I hope you all can understand what I mean :)

9. That is legit half the price for full t4 pets now than it was before.

People who went for full t4 premiums before averaged $400-$600 in pets. My cost was personally about $550. So now people get the same thing for sure and for less— but here’s the kicker: grind spots are changing so that the meta is not kill more mobs than you could ever feasibly loot (naga, bandits, sausans, etc), but kill a smaller, reasonably lootable number for higher exp (mirumok, gyfin, ordilyta,etc).

So while you can finally have a full t4 set for far cheaper now, you may not need them for their former main purpose of loot speed. Now the focus will be on pet skill and their combination, and you may not necessarily need t4 of a certain pet type to be optimal in the target skill.

10. Isteria

Do you have any idea which type the boss monster pets are? Limited?

11. Andaro

Ambassador

I believe these are Limited since they are not normally the pearl-shop. I am sure they will have more information the closer they get to releasing this new feature ^_^

12. The Conjuration

Fix the ugly-ass UI.

Tvvin likes this.
  13. Darthkiweh

Will there be any way to change the skillset on t4s ? Like reroll skill coupons or could u just t4+t1 and keep t4 100% with lvl intact while getting a new random set of skills ?

Morpheus12 likes this.
  14. Andaro

Ambassador

That would be nice, a Skill re-roll coupon for pets.
    I believe there is an suggestion entry in the Feedback Library's Index for that one....(searching)

ah yes, Index #BD0179 ^_^

Morpheus12 likes this.
  15. Deadly_Poison

But still cant see a fckng skill reset for change my skills, i need to buy another pet and change everything (RNG) ... THATS ****, PLEASE USA THE SAME SYSTEM AS HORSE AND ALLOW USERS TO CHOOSE WHAT SKILL RESET -_-

@CM Yukimura

Morpheus12 likes this.
  16. Spectrari

Great news! Right 2 days after i sold my brown hawk from game package because couldn't exchange with crows D:<

17. Spectrari

18. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

I did this same thing I got the crow thinking I could exchange it with my tier 1 hawk luckily this was just a few days ago and I didnt notice this till after I already assigned him as a pet, I still have him :)

19. The_Lord

Not everyone is softcap + with tet kutum or want to grind at those spot , me for exemple softcap kuno i dont have a kutum , maybe i could try manshaums but it wont be as efficient compared to other classes so i prefer grinding gahaz for meme frags and its pretty much the best spot after all the top tier high lvl spots. And at a place like gahaz having full t4 pets compared to t3 makes a HUGE difference in money per hour

20. MyEnvy

Hello,

@CM_Yakimura

Thank you for the heads up.
    I paid a lot for my pets but that aside, I would appreciate if we could have more than 3 sets option since I use different set of pets for:
    - grinding
    - gathering
    - afk fishing
    - knowledge

Plus it would be great to see their individual skills when they are not out.

Thank you,

Krusty, Arialia, Aias and 2 others like this.