1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Presenting the Official Kakao Games Discord (Now Open)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Feb 19, 2019.

1. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

190228---Discord_forum.png

As part of our efforts to be closer to the community, we will be opening up an official Kakao Games discord server.

We will be adding a number of features that we hope will improve the service that we offer and enhance your experience of Black Desert Online and all future Kakao Games titles.

Announcement Bot

Our server will have a bot that will bring you all the news from our website and forum pages, directly into Discord, meaning you can stay up to date with all the latest events and news, without having to check the pages individually. Furthermore, via webhooks, you will be able to integrate this bot into your own Discord server, be it a small guild server or one of the larger Discord communities that are already out there.

Customer Support Integration

You will be able to submit a ticket directly from Discord and receive your answer there. With a simple bot command, your message will be picked up and delivered directly to the Game Master team. Whilst we won’t be able to answer every type of ticket via Discord as we won’t be able to link it to your game account, we can answer simple questions and take player reports, hopefully streamlining the support service to you.

Going Live

If you’re a streamer and a partner, you’ll be able to broadcast to the server when you go live, keeping people informed of your activity and hopefully growing your own community.

Road Map

As there are a number of features to test and because we want to hear your feedback, we will be rolling out invites in waves. Our tentative schedule is as follows:-

Alpha Phase: March 6th:

We will invite 500 handpicked community members to our server to ensure that all the functionality is working as intended and to listen to your feedback on how you want the server to be. We are looking specifically for community and guild leaders as well as content creators. So if you already have an established community, please apply for this phase so we can establish how the server will best support you.

Beta Phase: March 13th:

We will invite 3500 random applicants. This will give us a chance to see how everything works with a larger group.

Fully Open: March 20th:

On March 20th we will open the gates to everyone and let all hell break loose. By this time we hope the bot hasn’t yet become self-aware and that the server set-up is the best it can possibly be to meet your needs.

Please note: This schedule is subject to change based on how many broken things we find.

What’s next?

Head over to the sign-up page and register for an invite, it will just take you a few seconds. If you are chosen, you will receive an invite through Discord on one of the above dates.

We look forward to hanging out more with you.

Discord is now fully open for everyone. Come and join us!

https://discordapp.com/invite/kakaogames

-BDO Team

#1 GM Rhotaaz, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019 at 8:53 AM
  2. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

We've had a few people ask if they should still sign-up if they aren't a guild leader or run a Discord. Please do! You may not be chosen in the very first wave, but the second wave will be random. The reason we're looking for people that have groups already is to help us make sure the webhooks and other features are working correctly.

Amarenda and Luxienna like this.
  3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

First

Amarenda likes this.
  4. BANiSH

Interesting concept, looking forward to it.

Amarenda likes this.
  5. freymarch

tbf, just don't let it be too much like bdo xbox official discord. channels are a bit convoluted there and get a role bot if you can and possibly locked channels to whatever people wanna see. not to mention, i know you're going official, but there's a lot of bdo community servers out there as well so i am so hoping you don't ignore them.

6. MeldamirieI

MeldamirieI Rilma Ranger 61 NA
    Ambassador

All aboard the hype train~

Amarenda likes this.
  7. Reigne Irkalla

Website isn't letting me log in QwQ

Note: Since I have 2 Factor Verification on, to check if logging in simply wasn't working/registering the code as correct, I input the wrong numbers on purpose. It accurately flagged them as wrong. Super weird.

8. Nycroyse

@GM Rhotaaz be closer to the community? So in this case why any GM, CM etc dont try be closer to the community at least a little bit in patch notes? Why we dont get answer on any question? Where is fixes of shadow arena? Where is our rewards for shadow arena? And what is this 'sale' for anniversary? For new year was much cheapier than now, insane. Why kakao treat eu/na people like we are worse than kr and we get only +0 boss gear which will lose on price because now everyone got it and they get III accessories? Nobody stop you to communicate with us and im pretty sure all of you will ignore us on discord like you ignore us here. I thought forum is mostly for communication between players and devs, gms, cms. But so far all what i see is you posting something, we spam and wait for answer but all what we get is middle finger

#8 Nycroyse, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Eri 4 likes this.
  9. Celaiona

I'm glad to hear official webhooks are being made. As owner of two large class discords, I've had a very hard time finding a reliable bot to announce BDO related news.

Eollyn, Amarenda and Andaro like this.
  10. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 61 NA
    Ambassador

11. SilverWolf

I like this idea, Having a central discord for feedback, new features and info, ticket system and advice hub.

Would like to try this out

Amarenda likes this.
  12. Nicknero1405

Ambassador

Discord is full of potential and interesting features. I'm looking forwards to see what you guys have made from it.

Amarenda likes this.
  13. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

Be sure to DM me when we open. The webhooks are looking good so far, but we're looking forward to testing them out fully.

Amarenda likes this.
  14. stefanbourson

good idea

Amarenda likes this.
  15. Luxienna

Luxienna Witch 61 EU

Awesome keep up the good work! I hope the discord has multi language and not only "english" support

#15 Luxienna, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    Amarenda likes this.
  16. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

Thanks, and yes, we're covering all supported languages.

Amarenda and Luxienna like this.
  17. Based Satania Poster

Good, the current 'official' BDO Discord is 'toxic' (I dont' like the word but that's what it is). A good place to discuss BDO would be fantastic.

18. Wyn

Wyn Sorceress 62 NA
    Ambassador

I stream the twitter feed in its own text channel using twitters api, pretty much covers all the updates/changes.

Amarenda likes this.
  19. Tresemme

Lifeskiller Applied :) David

Amarenda likes this.
  20. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

Awesome, I hope to see you there soon.

Amarenda likes this.