1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prevent new guild members from withdrawing mats from guild bank

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pragma, Dec 31, 2020.

?

Your preferred options for making the guild bank withdrawable to new players?

1. Only enable new guild members to deposit items into guild bank for x amount of time

3.8%
  2. Only enable certain roles/ranks to withdraw items from the guild bank

88.5%
  3. Leave as is

7.7%
  1. Pragma

Apparently it's possible for a brand new guild member with no permissions to go into the guild bank, withdraw all materials (except essences, seals, and money), and immediately leave the guild. After my friend submitted a ticket of this with proof, the feedback she got was basically that this is a part of the game, since it is a sandbox game.

My friend is absolutely devastated by this... her and her guild are more of a quiet, smaller guild, and now have had all their materials stolen in minutes. They worked hard for their materials, and apparently this is a feature?

I think it would be awesome if there was at least a period of time before people could withdraw items from the bank. I don't think this would be breaking away from the whole sandbox feel, as it's not hard to imagine a real life situation where someone is not given a "password" or "key" upon joining a new group of people, until a set amount of time passes.

I think a great idea for example would be if you can only deposit items into a bank for a certain amount of time, or even make that a role.

The thief that did this went to a public chat in the game and bragged about what he did, and apparently, according to other players, has done it multiple times. It just sucks that this is allowed to happen to not just one guild, but multiple people.

Thanks for any consideration,

- Pragma

2. aceofaces20

IMO, Apprentices (leafs) shouldn't even have access to the guild bank until they've waited out their apprenticship period. It makes zero sense that it takes an officer to pick up a guild mission, but apparently anyone can access the guild bank when access to a guild's bank can be abused by toxic players far more than picking up guild missions can be.

Ninjago, Quelnar, MoonDance17 and 4 others like this.
  3. TheSovietUnion

PA is just being a *****, that is an extremely lousy excuse to not refund the items. Since there is no real way to tell how a player will act once they join your guild, it is 100% a gamble. To attempt to say "wElL, yOu ShOuLd JuSt Be MoRe CaReFuL nExT tImE" is such a horrible excuse or the fact that it is a "sandbox game" does NOT mean players should be able to QUITE LITTERALY STEAL OTHER PLAYERS ITEMS FROM THEIR INVENTORY. Something like the completely ruins the integrity of optimism and assumes the worst of every player. While I know that isn't the case for most players, you could COMPLETLY remove the option for players to steal your guilds items and leave with almost little penalty. PA, fix your goddamn game.

4. Andaro

Ambassador

Ninjago and Quelnar like this.
  5. Ninjago

Yes.. please continue this protest and we want this change

MoonDance17 likes this.
  6. Great 2

Guild bank was raided by family name [Removed]
    He joined the guild, stole some guild mats then used all caps to say he raided us.
    I asked why, he said its cause his forum account got banned. I banned him from <Tides> within a few minutes of him joining.
    Please restore the lost items to our guild bank and remove the ill gotten gains from his account.

Please prevent this from happening again it allows 1 person to ruin the game for many.

#6 Great 2, Jan 4, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2021
    Rosedunn likes this.
  7. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

I had same issue when I run a guild.

I've got answer like I should choose more carefully whom I invite to the guild. Like how can I know one is a thief

Rosedunn and Ninjago like this.