1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proof DP/DR/Evasion means NOTHING for Warrior.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SoggyCow, Jul 16, 2020.

1. NightGlider

Ok einstein, tell me where exactly it states that DP = DR + Evasion? As far as I can tell, DP directly equals DR or DP = DR not Evasion. I know people like you think you can say **** like you actually know **** but show me where the proof is? I've linked several sources already showing my point of view and PROOF. As far as I can tell, I am the only one actually showing PROOF of what I am saying compared to people like you who like to talk **** but have nothing to back what they say.

2. Naho

Taking a thread from reddit from 3 years ago about ppl testing things who still didn't find out if it's true or not ? Are you really?

Evasion mean you will take 0 damage , therefore damage were reduced to ZERO. You don't think or you're sure? Yep there you go , you got no proof while we got this

upload_2020-7-17_0-56-5.png

But hey, keep on going through the pill of garbage you read on reddit and you'll be good. You're the exact reason why ppl don't know how to build these days

Life2v and Chaos Ronin like this.
  3. NightGlider

So tell me where you go
    Er tell us where you got your screen shot there buddy? Did you use greenshot or snapit and edit it from notepad? pfft

4. Naho

It's literally on the OP post ....

Waldenor likes this.
  5. NightGlider

hmm Ok I just logged into BDO and I see this as well. But something isn't adding up here. I"m on my season character and I see that my Evasion is 140 and my DR is 157 so it should be 297 but DP shows 292. Why would this be happening if DP = Evasion + DR as stated?

Also there is still the issue where DP overall is stupid since after 346+ you are essentially only stacking Evasion from items as DR is already maxed out at 20%. Which brings this point, how effective then really is evasion as a stat?

6. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

You are obviously really new to the game and i don't mean to insult you but you are making yourself look stupid here. Do you think i am running around with 494DR and 900 evasion? LOL. It clearly states what it is if you just take the time to look at a piece of armor haha

7. NightGlider

The point is that DP is still a useless stat beyond 346+ as DR is maxed out at 20%. So essentially any DP beyond 346 is just from Evasion. One has to question how effective it is if it doesn't do much to "evade" an attack as the OP of this thread already pointed out.

So the issue here is not DP, nor is it DR but the Evasion stat (beyond the DP/DR max of 346) as THIS seems to be a questionable or almost useless stat.

8. Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda Valkyrie 64 EU

Well, my pretty cheap "two cents" (or many more coppers) then...

I can see that you have been around for a pretty long time, by now I would assume you should know what a complete arse joke the whole "tank" business is, always compared to "CC - AP - delete" part of the "PeeVeeMEGADONKEYPOOP" our beloved BDO has to offer.

It has always been a lost cause, perhaps it was a tiny bit more tolerable (enjoyable?) way back in the paleolithic times of max +15 gear (for obvious reasons). It is a complete waste of time, resources and mental health to even bother with it all anymore, unless we are talking about truly OBSCENE levels of gear, combined with the correct FOTM class, depending on circumstances and RNG (but, of course!), and even then... maybe, just maybe, and certainly not guaranteed.

Oh yeah right... poor warrior "tank class" chaps... heeeheee-hoohooo-hahahah-roflmao-whatever. Sorry, this isn't mocking the class or anyone playing it or anyone in particular for that matter. This comes from someone dedicated to playing a Valkyrie since day-minus-one, ah ya know, that other class which was supposed to be... "tank of all tanks"? Yup, come again... ROFLMAO. Apologies, I just can't contain my laughter with what a joke this game has become, what a sad travesty these / our lovely classes have become (or rather almost always were), when it comes to "tanking", "defending", "absorbing damage", call it what you will. Yep, even these "archetypal" classes that are supposed to sport "special skills" and whatnot that make them even better at that given task, wait a sec... let me... ROFLMAO some more.

Perhaps, I should try to be a bit "fair" and say that, perhaps, BDO is not the one and only game that royally screws up, but oh boy, when it does, it does with a real bang, and oh my, they have been actually doing it for more than FOUR freaking years now (FIVE in Korea).

I am sorry there is nothing to prove here, there is no secret, there has been none for years, if people really fancy the process, they can go "test" with "numbers" and "data", all they want, to reach the same conclusion. How completely broken the DP / DR (especially) thing is, maybe even evasion is or could be.

People will come and only talk about obscenely high values that obviously concern only the very select few. Values that need incredible dedication to achieve, through years of effort, huge amounts of time invested, supreme RNG blessings, serious real $$$ expenditure - or, actually, all of these combined. Then yeah, perhaps getting there somewhere.

The alternative is simple... fukitol. And I guess, that is why the majority of players are going after the AP thingie, in the end it is far more reliable, and even achievable and affordable these days. Get enough of it, and even newer players can do this fairly quickly in "modern" BDO, and anyone has the chance to "delete" anyone else - save for this small elite percentage. "Easy game", right? And BDO overlords are pretty happy too, minimal real effort, maximum returns, be it from the "pleb flock" or the "serious competitive elite" (jeez, don't hold your breath so hard there...).

Amen...

Mjollnir and Chaos Ronin like this.
  9. Chaos Ronin

No, you have it wrong I'm afraid. DR does not stop working after 346dp, you just don't get any more brackets. DR stops scaling so well after you hit 310dr whereas evasion doesnt. Evasion gives a chance to evade the damage all together and Dr just straight reduces it. The problem is not the stats so to speak but the insane amount of damage, debuffs to both stats and buffs to accuracy and crit that the game currently has.

Naho and sajdas like this.
  10. Allan1985

i enjoy (or enjoyed) bartering, it was the only activity that made sense in regards of time investment vs reward, but as you pointed out whats the point of being filthy rich if there is nothing enjoyable to spend that silver on, so in the end my decision was exactly what you suggest and i quit about a year ago.

Dryed likes this.
  11. NightGlider

So you are round about saying still that it is useless to have more DP beyond 346 as the DR beyond this point is negligeable and the game is so "broken" due to buffs and debuffs that it is not worth going to a DP beyond 346? Et el, there is a DP problem beyond 346.

12. Chaos Ronin

In the games current state? Maybe but you should still aim for 310dr to maximize your defense in my opinion. Thing's will change even if just marginally because as far as i can tell, the community worldwide is not happy with how one shotty the game has become and they did state they are thinking of ways to rework DR and evasion. Will it be better or worse? We will just have to wait and see i guess.

13. Naho

If you did your advanture log then you got some stats which do not count toward the Dp value for some unknown reason (mostly the evasion) .

How effective Evasion is will depend on your enemy, on his accuracy, on your class and gear. Some class just benefit much more than others from evasion due to passive/skill, rest need more gear to make it work. Hence why they need to upgrade their gear if they want to play with evasion.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

sheet dp is exactly that, you can check it fairly easy looking at random armor piece.

dim dp.jpg

15. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

Evasion is still RNG, you could have 99% chance to evade and the 1% messes you up. A gif like this means nothing, this looks normal.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  16. ManlyBeard

And now we know why the whole library / feedback thing isn't rly doing much.

17. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

the %bonus damage reduction from 346 dp is just a nice bonus, both dr and evasion both stack pretty well on their own beyond that, but dr stops being effective at around 310dr (thats dr+hidden dr) and evasion keeps scaling until infinity (or 0 hit rate based on your opponents accuracy). I added visual aid for both of their effect and the sources for more information if you are interested.
    the reason people say pen dp is different then some trash accessory high dp is because for example cadry rings give 17dp at tet and that is 17sheet dp in dr with nothing added to it, while if you get 17 sheet dp from caprized pen pieces, it will typically give you 17dr + 17 hidden dr so the same sheet stats give twice the actual stats.

upload_2020-7-17_13-18-1.png
    upload_2020-7-17_13-17-39.png
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/128fJ2eQRKm0RnsrZvowsvtDq0oKfL6v2-mr-I0SIzhA/edit#gid=0
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rUH18hgXH0EZLDar6GgexjbCWuRaGsmb5dU8xQ8yrtU/edit

18. sajdas

you need to make the difference between DR and DR rate:
    DR is a defensive stat that reduce damage (mainly flat damage reduction) and start to have a big diminishing returns when you get to ~311 DR.

DR rate is the bracketed DP stat that get capped at 346 dp (20% DR rate).

19. Rinnagans

After that comment by our ambassador, clearly don’t even play this game anymore let alone be the voice of this community

20. Skol600ml

Not enough evasion with a class that doesn't helps

Vanraven likes this.