1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proof DP/DR/Evasion means NOTHING for Warrior.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SoggyCow, Jul 16, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

[​IMG]

JohnnyNails likes this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

id argue that u start feeling it alot more from that moment on as u go into c9 pen territory and above.

i mean, i felt it and was happy and then they made "balance" patch and multiple classes (accidentally the ones that were already my predators) suddenly deal 20-25% + more damage to me so all my dp gearing efforts went to ****. to be quite honest i feel like pearl abyss developers just took a big dump on my playtime and invested time. and my spec doesnt work if it cant soak damage.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  3. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Bruh, you got 718 evasion there. For how much sheet dp you got, that's a joke. Not to mention you're already at 30-40% health and getting wailed on by two people with probably higher gs than you.

Nagasaki, sajdas and JohnnyNails like this.
  4. Vortexii

Caphra's bonus stats are listed on charts, displayed on the enchant screen, and applied to your sheet Gear Score. People add Caphra's to their Gear for additional stats (nothing is hidden).

5. Naho

What i'm calling "Hidden" is the value inside the parentheses which don't count toward the sheet dp. Using caphras give both sheet and hidden stats.

upload_2020-7-17_14-35-40.png

NoobGamersBerlin likes this.
  6. Vortexii

When you increase a stat point from Caphra (+1 Evasion or +1 DR for example) it will display on the Sheet Score. If an extra point of AP is obtained that would show on the sheet also. If that AP point breaks you into a new bracket you would obtain bonus stats (the same for DP brackets).

The other boosts +Hp etc are not part of sheet stats.
    I'm not certain there is a "hidden" bonus anywhere.

I don't recall ever obtaining 1 point of AP/EVA/DR and it not showing up on the sheet.

I think I know what numbers your referring to, but I'll have to check later on the item.

7. Handjob~Bandit

Handjob~Bandit Valkyrie 62 NA

I could be wrong here, but I think @Naho is talking about the hidden eva/dr that is also added from Caphras levels.

At Caph lvl 1 on a PEN boss armor you get 1 Eva and 1 Hidden Eva.

Only the +1 Eva shows on the sheet / is added to your overall DP.

8. Vortexii

That's a catch 22. If the bonus evasion was truly hidden how could you ever account for it? Unless it's stated somewhere else (in which case it's not Sheet Score, but NOT hidden either).

Brackets are also not "hidden". Like the bonus AP. It's just done that way to keep the AP clean so you can manage it better. Even a class passive isn't really "hidden". It's just a display issue.

Diablo 3 was the worst game ever created for this (since nearly everything in the game had caveats where damage was only applied if certain conditions where met)

9. Naho

It add both from c0 to c9 on Pen, then after that you sometimes only get the hidden stat, I assume you stopped at c9 so you didn't notice it. It shows way more when you upgrade from TET to PEN.

They called it hidden only because it doesn't count toward the sheet DP, but still count toward the global evasion.

10. Handjob~Bandit

I think its just semantics at this point.

Hidden Eva / DR do indeed show on the character window, which I guess you could call the "sheet." But I think in this case everyone is describing "sheet" stats as AP / Awak AP and DP. More or less the numbers that represent your gearscore. Hidden evasion and dr aren't factored into that.

11. Vortexii

That is not the same as hidden stats at all. Especially in the context of BDO "hidden stats" where they literally just hid stats and avoided displaying them. (Such as Kutum PVE bonus).

Even if you obtain extra stats that way (I'm not 100% sure you do from Caphra) ...... they CAN NOT be displayed on the sheet score (bottom section). They can't be displayed there because that is the metric used for the player to evaluate their bracket bonus.

There are some complications that make it nearly impossible to display.

Diablo 3 (Only applies to fire damage), but you cast Lightning and Fire skills (can't be part of total damage)

Diablo 3(Only applies when HP is below 30%) (can't be part of a regular sheet damage)

BDO actually has jacked up things as well (Damage reduction only to magic)............ how in the hell do you count that as DR? or DP?

12. Hypotermia

Are you now implying 800-900 evasion with self buffs like 10% from mystic? Or are you just implying that 800-900 evasion rating from gear if so then sure more is better but to reach those numbers is not easily achievable.

To get even remotely close to 800 evasion you need PEN C20 armors, PEN sicil / cent, evasion offhand/kutum and even then player would be barely breaking the 800 evasion and top of that it still gets melted.

I have 766 evasion and 306DR. While i can get close to 800 with few changes my AP would be somewhere around 230-240 which is not enough to one combo or be effective to justify the **** tankiness i would get. Sacrifice to reach high evasion is too much when its basically countered for free due 10-50% accuracy modifiers and eva debuffs

13. Handjob~Bandit

Like I said, it's semantics. People are just referring to those stats as "hidden" because they use to be and now they are displayed in ( )'s. You, on the other hand aren't denying those stats exist, you just don't label them with the "hidden" moniker like most do.

I'm not arguing that BDO's core system makes sense.

14. RandomHajile

Can you post a bdo planner of a decent fukitol build? I'm intrigued.

15. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

That's kind of the point... I am around 900 evasion and built to be a tank therefore having little damage is the tradeoff to being able to stay in the fight and cc your enemy and support your teammates. Same as if you get 310 (example) ap you have little accuracy and should be pretty squishy. The problem with BDO right now is that nobody has to build accuracy, DP works very little compared to how it should and building a pure AP build is a win win. Nobody should be a tank and deal damage, nobody should be able to deal crazy damage and be a tank. AP alone should not do much to evasion and Dr needs to work better against high AP. The game is so f*cked up and I've supported the game and defended them for over 4 years now... I don't feel i can anymore and all the crap said about them being incompetent is actually showing to be true.

Let's hope I'm wrong and they actually address this lame one shot BS we have right now and actually make stats work the way they should, not just how much ap you throw on a build.

16. Dexo 2

Classes that has evasion passives can get the benefits of being at lower evasion due to their passives scaling the evasion alot. If you are dr you need way more to fill the gap that evasion classes passive gives.

17. Skol600ml

[​IMG]

18. Hypotermia

Obviously dah.

But it wont make the evasion good. Classes have way too much accuracy modifiers.

While evasion works great against certain classes on certain classes in general its as worthless as DR

19. Rinjyu

Just stop.

20. Shogunate

If you played the game which you represent you would know that is factually false. Just like cleaning chimneys giving energy.