1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prove Me Wrong! Grab in BDO is the Most Broken Mechanic in a MMO Ever!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Fearless V, Oct 13, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

Yall-Got-Any-More-Of-That animation cancels.jpg

2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

Its funny how Kakao's "we don't care" made an obvious exploit into "mechanics". Imagine cancel animation of skill that include several movements and last around 1 second, and get full effect of that skill - any other game its permaban. Kakao's BDO - its mechanics, 5 skills in time frame of canceled first skill - is completely fine, just git gut . Same with FPS, same with point to move.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

All animation cancelable skills should get effects and addon effects on last hit only as well as their damage ticks heavily balaced through whole animation. If u want functionality and damage, u have to see the skill through.

Quinra and Fearless V like this.
  4. Vortexii

A good fix for this would be that ALL CC's ignore Block, SA, FG when in grab distance.

Every single PVPer agrees with this. Because IF you can just easily avoid Grab, then you can easily avoid all of those CC's. It clearly makes perfect sense and not a single PVPer would refute this. In fact to say this is wrong would automatically make them a fraudulent liar about everything they claim. Remember GRAB is EASY to avoid. You just need to GIT GUD. So there will have NO PROBLEM avoiding ALL CC's within grab range.

Fearless V likes this.
  5. venus212

iframe> Grab > Super armor.

6. Ahri-

move camera in general direction, press e, usually accompanying a protected dash.

Woah woah don't strain yourself there

7. Xenon

...Then succ Wizard would be even more broken. Literal teleport in -> voltaic would be instant win every single time. The whole upper tier of pvp would be just learning the exact timing someone is gonna instantly travel 50 meters and hit you with a cc, then countering with an iframe. Hell, succ wizards would eat sh*t to this whole thing, too. Actually, this would make blockjump the most broken skill in the game, too! Imagine all the rage when the only counter to beat Ninja is being a Warrior or Sorc, and that hinges on you seeing the blockjump every single time.

There is no comparison to grabs. I get you despise them as a Witch main, but this is ridiculous. Grabs have a specific tell, grab classes don't have the movement to be in your face from 50 meters away without at least telegraphing some of their intentions, grabs aren't instant in a lot of cases, and a lot of them are unprotected so you can plan and counter with a cc of your own.

You really are bad at coming up with balance decisions, and I can't help but feel that you're actually bad at BDO. Is that why the majority of your time is spent on the forum? I think you should spend more time playing the game and understanding what's going on with the core mechanics instead of making posts this bad.

What class has a protected dash that carries them across the entire map instantaneously and a grab? Even Warrior has a limit to its distance lol.

kamon211 likes this.
  8. Vortexii

My first thought about your response is, have you ever played BDO? Do you know what game we are talking about?

Ninja essentially has a full teleport and an Iframe mini. It doesn't need to be labelled as a teleport it essentially does the same thing. There isn't even a startup on it. That's on top of a massive amount of movement skills to bounce all over.

Warrior has a fing BDO broken dash. You think they are not going to wait for that to engage? They essentially have it 100% of the time.

Zerker is a total mess. It's the same thing as Warrior only potentially worse. They just have to wait longer.

Lahn has a ranged grab.

Several classes have PROTECTED GRABS.

Guardian has a buff to give themselves A MOBILE SA.

Literally everything is wrong.

9. Feroth

superarmours are a joke nowadays bcz u die by the enemy in 2-3 skills and in nw without a PA same , u die in 2 second that if u dont have full pen lvl 9 caphras . forward guard is also usless bcz u can be cc'ed from behind and also your block will be destroyed by some classes in 1 sec. The only thing is broke are the i frames in this game. Who have multiple i frames wins .

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  10. Xenon

Doesn't have a startup on it? I guess you can't see anything beyond all the stupid particle effects that float around your witch when you cast stuff. I also already covered the scenario where blockjump would win almost 9 to 1 in your crap version of balance.

Are we talking about Head Chase or Charging Thrust? Head Chase is on a 2s cd, and Charging Thrust is a 6s fg. For Head Chase to cover a high distance, it has to combo into solar flare, which is on a 5s cd. That's not essentially 100% of the time. If that's the case, then Witchzard have voltaic pulse essentially 100% of the time! Same for teleport!

It's not even remotely the same.

Yes, and? You have ranged ccs, too. Use them.

I've already gone on record saying grab should not be protected except in the grapple animation. But y'know what? Just to spite you - they should add protection back to all grabs.

So does Striker. All of Witchzard's core skills are sa or frontal guard.

sajdas likes this.
  11. Vortexii

Witch teleport has a startup, Ninja's does not. Except Ninja doesn't have a teleport!!! They have a skill that teleports them forward. Can't use THAT term even though that's what it does ;) They have a skill where they instantly teleport forward about the same distance as a Wizard. Oops used that term again!!!!

All those skills are essentially used 100% of the time. Are you sure you have played BDO before?

The cool downs don't matter. People will stay out of range until the skill is available meaning when it actually matters it's ALWAYS AVAILABLE. What are you doing? Charging into fights with your skills on cool down?

12. Claydough

Try playing from australia

i think ive pulled off a grab maybe 3 times?

13. Vortexii

That wouldn't matter. Even if you had terrible latency, frames etc. It would mean it's completely OP against you as, as you would be a sitting duck for everyone.

That is a very important issue that isn't discussed either. Kakao games would rather you just suck it up and endure a terrible game experience that way. While you may be able to make grinding viable the forced PVP experience would just bet much worse.

Sorry, but they don't want to do anything to help out those customers in that situation.

14. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

The forums are a great source of entertainment, I can say that much. So many lulz.

kamon211 likes this.
  15. Vortexii

How about the correct and obvious answer that Succ Wizard is in fact spamming Iframes now which is the entire reason everyone is complaining?

I thought you where a PVPer how did you not see this?

16. PeaceInChaos

You again. LUL.

First, people complain about SW's plethora of protected damage / cc. Then, people complain about their utility on top of said protected dmg / cc. Then, people complain about instant-cast and TP on separate cooldowns.

Now you're saying people complain that SW is "in fact" "spamming" iframes. Bolded letters, mind you....gasp!

Define "spamming" for me as I LUL at this horrendously stupid reply.

17. jenisiz7

*Coughs* Ninja *Coughs* Guardian. Why Ninja has concealment, higher then average damage and iframes...not to mention completely protected movement in awakening WITH two grabs is beyond me.

Mained Ninja after Kuno and didn't need to use the grab really ever...which is crazy in and of itself...but two lol. But really, I'd deal with grabs in exchange for PA and ranged, protected ccs.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  18. PeaceInChaos

But aren't you a Sorc??? You have INFINITE SPAMMABLE GAPLESS IFRAMES!!!!!

Not sure what else to say, but YEAH, YOU HAVE INIFNITE SPAMMABLE GAPLESS IFRAMES SO MEH!!!!!! :O

19. Xenon

Dude, learn the skill names if you're going to act high and mighty. And no, they don't have a skill where they instantly teleport forward as far as a witch or wizard. Base teleport goes farther than the range of blockjump plus blockjump has a startup animation, then ultimate teleport takes that even farther.

They are not used 100% of the time. Learn the meaning of your own words. You're not going to spam head chase in a fight. You use it once to iframe an attack, then do something else. You use charging thrust to cover distance, then it's on cooldown. If you want to use that logic, then I can say that PA is always available, so witch and wizard are the most busted class because they always have a 999 dr buff available.

Do you know how dumb that sounds? Seriously. It's unfeasible to constantly run away and wait out the cd on every ability.

20. jenisiz7

How bout you actually quote my entire comment where I literally state I was a Kuno then a Ninja last? Maybe because it's not conducive to your pointless comment?