1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA: Calpheon Worker's Union Issues Statement!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Plunge, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

!Breaking News!
    Today at 2:30 GMT the Calpheon Worker's Union issued a statement that no worker who is currently covered by them will be working on any <ExploitLegion> node for fear of repercussions from the city leaders. It emerged 2 weeks ago that the leader of <ExploitLegion> was caught by various members of the public sending multiple workers to a single node, a clear violation of union policy. When the matter was brought to Calpheon City Council the worker was immediately charged with conspiracy to commit fraud by not declaring extra income earned, the prosecution hopes to have him in front of a judge by the end of August.

To the Union's response was of shock with one manager being quoted as saying "You don't except the council to dole out the punishment on the worker, they're just doing their job. The player should be facing any sort of music from the higher-ups". When pushed for more information it was revealed that one of the workers in question was in fact fired on the spot, we managed to catch up with him on the way back to town however he asked for his face to be blurred for anonymity.

[​IMG]

"You *hic* don't expect to lose yer jab *hic* just for following the boss's order ye'know? *hic* Yeh i found it, like, sort of odd that he wanted another one of the *hic* lads there with me but ye'know yeh don't question *hic* orders. Union said they'll be 'elping out so at least the kids won't be missing *hic* out on anything. I know there's still 19 of the lads workin' wid 'im so *hic* hopefully they're covered"

When our reporters approached the player in question he declined to offer any sort of statement, however when other members of his guild were asked the only response given was "He's innocent, it's the Worker's Union at fault!"

CWU's statement has taken effect as of now and they refuse to cover ANY worker on an <ExploitLegion> node, as soon as more information is released we will keep you updated! If you, or anyone you know has a Unionised worker on any such node we urge you to contact the toll-free number below.

[​IMG]
    To any mod wishing to remove this post, it is discussing the game and does not name any existing player or guild. No rules have been broken.

Peisinoe, Yuusayn, Megabiv and 17 others like this.
  2. Beeso

Grumpy plunge is just not the same. Kakao, make plunge happy again. :(

#BringBackVanillaPlunge

3. Dremlock

I suppose this isn't the best time to Announce that <Baka>, Black Desert Online's premiere Anime region guild, is now officially allying with <Exceptional Legion>

4. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 63 NA

The progression of Plunge:

1. Denial. Kakao can't do anything wrong.

2 Anger. Kakao doesn't follow its own TOS for streamers of financial interest <-- we are here

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

Ellevria, Moonraker, dxmage and 4 others like this.
  5. Plunge

[​IMG]

Hahahahahahahahaha, yeh probably in about a week or two. Until then though, the crusade continues! Even if Kakao have ignored the e-mails I've sent despite all the GM signatures and the forum threads saying that you can contact them there...

Cologne though! If I can get an invite I'll disguise myself with a mustache, get one of them drunk on Black Spirit Cocktails and find out the real reason they're not banning people. It's foolproof!

Peisinoe, Morwath and Sibyyl like this.
  6. Beeso

It's ok plunge, I can honestly say we've all been there. Everybody I've seen who has played this game was just destined to be pissed about something someday. Now what happens after is the intersting part, it places players into 1 of 3 categories:

* The ones who get over it, and get a different perspective to their "old self".

* The ones who rage quit, then come back after a variable amount of time (with or without name change).

* The ones who turn into enternal bitter zombies, stick around, and pray every night to witness the game crash and burn, but never get the satisfaction till now, so they eagerly await from a far in some other "redeeming game".

[​IMG]

#6 Beeso, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    ragingphoinix likes this.
  7. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

He got a point trough, why did they not ban cheater ? :(

Desado, Morwath and Sibyyl like this.
  8. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

There's....only....one...thing....we need.....to....know

ARE THEY STREAMERS?

TuckerLT likes this.
  9. iKaneki_Ken

Not surprising, Baka allies with whatever's considered cancer at the time.

10. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 63 NA

Moderator note: I am discussing events which have been published in Twitch and a letter from Kakao that Blade has released to another streamer and hence to public domain. The topic is one that Blade himself has encouraged by posting to this forum. There is no speculation or accusation here, just an analysis of publicly released material.

Let's say for the sake of argument that the double worker node exploit was never done.

At server merge time Blade broadcasted an exploit on Twitch without giving Kakao or Pearl Abyss a heads up (by writing a ticket).

If he hasn't written a ticket, how can anyone argue that he is doing "white hat security" type of research?

So he performed the exploit on Twitch for the sake of content on his channels, which translates to word of mouth discussion, which translates to viewers, which translates to dollars.

Now add to the list the reason (not known) for the first ban.

Add to the list, the double worker exploit.. a deliberate action, per the notice Kakao sent Blade himself.

People argue that whatever gains he received from the exploit were so small that they don't adequately provide a motive. Blade is so rich that he wouldn't need to do this exploit for gains so small.

Do they live in the same world in which a record holding NFL quarterback gets prison time for dog fighting? How about an NFL tight end committing murder? How about a million other stupid things successful performers do? It's a very long list.

Stupidity and irrational competitiveness aren't intuitive when we think about it. But no one can really speculate what's in Blade's mind, and we certainly can't just take him at his word. He has every reason to cover up what he did, and spread false commentary to muddy up a data based discussion. He may also be open and transparent. We don't know either way because we aren't mind readers.

What we do have in writing are the facts. We also know about the tendency to exploit, like what Blade did at server merge, just to get eyeballs and clicks on his Twitch channel.

And what kind of publicity is that for Kakao anyway? Here's a broken game and i am sharing it on livestream so i can get more viewers. Is that really the advertising this game is dying to have?

TOS reference:

#10 Sibyyl, Aug 6, 2017
    Desado, Morwath and Plunge like this.
  11. mickey3333

Hat off to you plunge! This makes my day!

Plunge likes this.
  12. Plunge

He apparently did report it to Kakao but the whole situation itself reeks of inaccuracies. If someone I didn't know dropped me a random whisper (as he claims) about an exploit, instead of testing it out I'd just report it and then act on it if Kakao asked me to. Let's look at the fishbot, I purchased a copy of it and didn't use but sent it through to Kakao, apparently if I'd in fact used it for a day and then reported it that would have been ok according to how Kakao and his fans have painted the situation.

The fact that he was exploited for 7 months, exploited with the server merge and has somehow earned 7 billion raw silver (with another 5-10 billion in gear) strikes me as odd for one very simple reason. He doesn't do crates. If you look at most of the top streamers or richest players in game you'll see that hey ALL do crates. Not because it's the BEST way to make silver in the game but because it's the BEST AFK way to make silver in the game. In fact, by ignoring crates you're shooting yourself in the foot by limiting your possible AFK income. Yet for some reason this chap not only doesn't do crates but argues AGAINST it's validity as a way to make silver.

Let's ignore ALL the evidence that he exploited for 7 months, let's drop ALL assumptions about his 19 green/blue workers. Why is someone who has ~17 billion worth of assets (I assume this amount based on rough estimates) focusing on an empire that draws in pennies by selling Yuria weapons? This isn't 2016 where plywood is usually sold out, we currently have over 50k of each type of plywood sitting on the marketplace in NA for Calpheon crates. For once I actually have too much material and my workers are working round the clock.

I am 100% convinced now that Kakao only suspended him and the 39 other people because Reddit/Forums blew up, if it has been discovered and people kept on complaining about P2W, PvP or Karma it would have been swept under the rung and forgotten. Streamers are given special privilege in this game and it's making playing rather pointless. Give them BDO swag to wear, give them access to limited time items that will disappear after a week; but given them a different set of rules is quite frankly disgusting behaviour.

For any mods just twitching to delete this post, I have not used ANY names and have used information that is publicly available. No rules have been broken.

Peisinoe and CaptainHarlok like this.
  13. CaptainHarlok

CaptainHarlok Valkyrie 60 EU

Well said suhn

14. Alitiaza

Is BB still streaming ?

15. Petruvius

Petruvius Wizard NA

So, do we give the offending party...?
    1. Account ban
    2. ISP ban
    3. Hardware ban
    4. All of the above

16. lislisa

*purrs*

*Walks over the keyboard*

23426fha475956jcjs3511337yqergyi68261gdh433374

*Hops off and walks to the kitchen*

#16 lislisa, Aug 6, 2017
    Petruvius and Sibyyl like this.
  17. ragingphoinix

You forgot *The ones that acknowledge the blatant stupidity of it all but just looking to kill time.

Beeso likes this.