1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA: GameGuard was added to global with its last maintance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shimoyaki, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

There is nowhere on their website to suggest you must have an ssd to play this game adequately. My pc was bought without a ssd and it is something I have been thinking of getting as I have upgraded it with first a 970 and a new power supply and then the 1070.
    However it should not be necessary to use one unless the game specs tell you it is required.

2. Factorial

I really recommend you get an SSD to run your OS and BDO. The performance boost is really noticeable. You could get a 250 GB SSD for like $50 off Amazon. Treat yourself. You deserve it.

Khruk and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Seriously thinking about it but it will have to wait. We have just had a big splurge with new carpet in the lounge room and a new recliner lounge. Finances a bit tight right now.

Factorial likes this.
  4. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

nothing is the standards lol, people are still doing raid0 with hdd and just very very recently started switching over to ssd because of how expensive they are, sure they have gotten cheaper over the years but still doesn't change the fact that it is more expensive than hdd.

anyway, why should somone get a ssd if a hdd is already suiting their needs just because 1 single change, of course a lot of base builds runs ssd for booting but not everybody can just fork out 100 bucks here and there getting upgrades they don't need.

(but yes you should at least have a ssd for booting)

5. Khruk

I upgraded my old Gen 3 I5 to a Gen 9 I5 and upgraded my motherboard at the same time. I installed a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2. I put BDO on the EVO Plus, and from the moment I click play on the launcher, I am in game in 10-15 seconds. Changed my life.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  6. Kharognar

Why those devs choose to Downgrade their game instead of Upgrading it ?

@CM Servantes Can you please not implement GameGuard ? Its a downgrade and not an upgrade an on most games that it got used ,it causes performance downgrades for all users .Its one of the worst & cheapest anti cheats with tons of negative reviews . Also it causes stutters / fps drops not matter what Rig you got . Games legit died after its implementation . Also its far easier to bypass ...

Life2v, WoollyWitch and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. GamePois0n

I doubt they can do anything if PA tells so, just like value pack, costume melting, selling outfits, etc

8. Vanadiel

Do not worry, PA always tests their software before deploying it on a live server.
    Nothing will go wrong.

9. Foggen

Foggen Musa 64 NA

The AFK component of BDO is huge. Auto fishing, autopath training, Black Spirit Training, processing, etc. BDO rewards you for having 100% uptime regardless of how much active play time you have. Of course you'd want to play other games during that time.

10. Nabuch

That's not really what it means. Let me give you an example:

Local church releases publically, on facebook, first and last names of people having Confirmation. BUT knowing where the church is located (public info) and by quick search of people involved (or even friends of people commenting) you can pinpoint the exact person, even though just name and surname isn't enough to be 100% certain if it's that particular person. In this case local church HAS TO protect this data because it can be used to identify. You have rights to privacy. If you were some John Smith and didn't want anyone to know, church can't release that data publically.

That example doesn't talk about storing data but publically announcing it, but same rules apply when we talk about "combining data points" and "indirect identification".

Running processes, browser history is not personal data that GDPR protects. Generally it would only give a general idea of location (like if you searched a local restaurant). It needs to identify you as a person. Like if I wanted to get your full name, address, bank account number. Can I do it with list of running processes and browser history or hardware serials? Information about YOUR THINGS isn't PERSONAL DATA. But if I could 100% tell from data that you are John Smith and like watching muscular men having oral intercourse with one another, you might NOT WANT people to know that, and then IF THE DATA ALLOWS ME TO TIE THAT BROWSER HISTORY TO THE NAME JOHN SMITH FROM A GENERAL LOCATION, it falls under the law.

Obviously I don't have to do full background check and deep search on it. I believe polish law that is made after GDPR talks about "reasonable time". Open for interpretation, but if it took me several weeks to get a "proof", it wouldn't be enough. If I can do it in 2 hours, it falls under GDPR.

#110 Nabuch, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  11. Kn0xxPT

Kn0xxPT Striker 62 EU

this is going to be a blood bath of false positives, and forum rage!
    Probably the switch for GameGuard is access from PA to its code and tailoring for BDO needs.
    ( if PA have the capable resources for that ...wich I really doubt.)

12. Recklss

Recklss BadOne Archer 61 NA

The gameguard on test server runs no different then current bdo, stop spreading misinformation. In fact in my test the game runs better with it.

13. GamePois0n

that's a lie, there's definitely noticable frame drops on test server compare to NA

14. Kralon

Meh, I solved the gameguard problem easily. I just uninstalled both accounts/clients and will continue to play games that don't shove junkware onto my PC.

15. Kubla

I am probably one of many that has a programmable gaming keyboard and has bound many keys to the programmable keys not being able to do that will be unacceptable.

And most modern internet security suites have built in anti-key loggers which means one will have to allow GameGuard to bypass their security and that will not go over well either I think.

Who is going to want to trust a third party to log their key strokes, particularly in a game that is AFK played a lot, thus many those key strokes while the game is running will not be game related?

Unless it somehow shuts off when the game goes to the tray and I doubt that it will nor trust that it would.

#115 Kubla, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  16. woots

PA RNG is like : 90% going down the wrong road.

Phoenixxx75 and Life2v like this.
  17. Lefteye

Once you do get the ssd, you’ll be thinking “how did I ever play games without this?” The difference is that big.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. Jhony

Hello everyone,,,
    GameGuard is similar to Valves Anti Cheat system, ofcourse Steam/Valve has a bigger "Blacklisted MD5 Hashes list" then GG.
    GameGuard stop every basic dll/memory edditing software cause its scanning your RAM and System Drive for comon MD5 hashes.
    So Basically most "Public" cheats the "normal" player will find/use gets blocked. So 99% of playerbase dont even try anymore. The game gets even closed when running Programmable devices or microcontrollers..
    mobdro lucky patcher kodi
    Of Course there is always a Fight between Cheat Protection and Cheat Creation.. You cant get a perfect system. And the "Expensiv-private" cheats of course dont get tracked, cause GameGuard dont have the md5 hashes and signature from that.
    Also the Pro developers (who own the source code) can just compile a new application/dll everytime to change the md5 hash.

But yeah, for most basic stuff GameGuard will make a good job.

#118 Jhony, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  19. Mimimimi

you had to create a new forum account to spill this nonsense?

GamePois0n likes this.
  20. Foo

Foo

xD