1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA - What you should do about the current server issues

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OptimusPrime, Nov 4, 2017.

1. OptimusPrime

At the moment, they are completely clueless on the issue.

Refrain from sending tickets regarding this, as they'll just give you the usual run around "it's your ISP" and inform you that the issue is not on their end.

At the moment, sending support tickets will do you no good and they'll just piss you off by giving an excuse.

If you do suffer from delays, rubber banding and chat lag, just force close the game and re-log back in. This way you'll get less of a chance of dying to whatever on your horse travels. Usually you'll get a good 8-10 minutes of issue free play time before you have to repeat this process.

Hopefully it will calm your nerves when you try to play BDO at the current state.

Also try to get used to this state of game play, as their current team has no clue on what's going on, so expect this kinda stuff to stay around for a long time.

Alternatively, try playing Warframe or Destiny 2. Trying to invest into this game at this point in time will only anger you. Do you really want to be in a position to be pissed off when you can't get that bid due to this server issue? Or losing the chance to get that T8 because the button is unresponsive because of this server issue? Save yourself the rage and the time you will waste. Come back in half a year to see if they got their **** back together.

2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

PSA - What you should do about the recent network issues.

There corrected for you, as the one who seems not to have a clue is you.

LogicaI and Roechacca like this.
  3. Roechacca

After fully investigation my recent connection issues, it turned out to be 100% my problem. My ISP will try to correct their end tomorrow.

4. Memetess

Okay, first of all, do not listen to OP, since he's just a clueless raging idiot. Secondly, I'll post this here, what I posted from another thread.

To add to this, try some solutions in the meantime of what people have posted are starting to work. Check out VPNs like Mudfish or WTFast, Mudfish is the cheaper option while WTFast is also reliable. Having a VPN changes the server routing to something that is managed by dedicated professionals with tons of great experience, 100% of their work is making sure they work well with ISPs. So any routing issues should be solved. Anything beyond this, is in Kakao's ball park to work with Pearl Abyss on.

Davin402, OptimusPrime and Roechacca like this.
  5. Vanadiel

Just so you know, the servers are hosted by a third party (leaseweb). This means they rent everything, including hardware and what not.
    I highly doubt this is related to a routing issue, because it would affect the hosting company and everything they host. If that is the case it would have been solved very quickly because they have a complete network team ready 24/7 to ensure their hosting service is 100% "working as intended"

Using a VPN is not going to make a single difference because they still have to end up at leaseweb to connect to the servers. It is likely going to make the issue worse because now you are adding a VPN service in between you and the gaming servers. Not a good idea and a VPN is not a service used to increase routing performance.

That leaves the third option, which is server code. My money is on that. This could be an easy fix, or a more complex fix. It depends on the kind of software support they have available and the actual issue at hand.

Saccharin, Nocturnus, Soulo and 2 others like this.
  6. Vanadiel

7. Roechacca

8. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Makes sense except why not all players are experiencing lags and disconnects if it's server side ?

Also, why using a VPN service solved the issue for some of the forum users ?

9. Vanadiel

I doubt a VPN really solved it. It likely worked ok for a while and then went back to issues again. A VPN is not really something you use to increase your network performance.

10. LogicaI

Fix your isp, Simple., I don't ever have lag or desync.,if it was completely server side then it would not be possible for me to have no issues. This is a routing issue. simple as that. And it is not Kakaos fault.

11. ambyentlight

zero server issues because I got gud and am now useing a vpn mudfish, ya all need to git gud also and get mudfish nubs.

12. MalGuldur

Tried the vpn thing all it did to bdo was . .. failed to conect

13. LogicaI

That is a failure to properly set up a vpn.

14. MalGuldur

If this server wasnt failure i would not have to deal with this bs at first

15. LogicaI

Also. Again. It is not server failure. You are unable to process logical thought apparently. If it was server side,there would not be people who experience 0 lag and desync,this is routing,routing = not kakaos problem,that is your ISP's problem and you not using a vpn correctly untill your isp fixes their issues.

Your isp will likely not admit it is their problem. As it is not in their best interest to do so. but i can assure you it is.

16. MalGuldur

I never had problem on any other game and one patch crash the game and it is on my end? Okay it is the same lag i had when steam invaded bdo NA. I did file repair reset router ,checked my ping on other mmos like tera,wow,blade n soul they didnt have any problem like this.So bdo is the only game doing this but its prob my fault if i didnt chose a better conection...oh wait im using the bestntopspeed conection my region offers.

17. LogicaI

You are just proving my point of your ignorance on routing. Why would any of those games be affected in the same way? Why would your ping,Do you even understanding routing? I am not even talking about your router... That is not what "routing" is... If you don't even understand the basics i cannot even begin to help you. It is as if i am speaking english and you chicken scratch.

Anyhow fixes have already been posted and explained by many of us in multiple threads now. You can "believe" everything you want whilst in denial as if i am attacking your choice or brand of isp,or you can just solve the issue with the solutions posted,it was even posted by gm rofl.

But we must all be liars,Any view that has evidence and flat out proof that contradicts your own must be a lie.

18. MalGuldur

Why is this guy whiteknighting incompetence. Get lost bruh

Thelemna likes this.
  19. LogicaI

= translation,i don't know what i am talking about,have no way to refute what was posted by logical and others with evidence,even that evidence is backed by the gm,which is why they are asking what ISP providers people are on. but now i must call him a whiteknight or a troll ad-hom is the crutch of the weak when they have no argumentative leg to stand on.

but facing facts in the face and still being in denial is complete ignorance. why speak on something you know nothing about? Why ask X be presented with a solution but deny it because "feelings"? hmm interesting.

Columba likes this.
  20. MalGuldur

The only solution is to quit until they fixed it so i stop losing gems just like i did when steam invaded.game repaired itself after some weeks ... all alone isnt that weird? On my end .. sure