1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvE buff for witch and wizard when?

Discussion in 'PvE' started by Sheroi, Mar 3, 2019.

1. 2Cents

The bigger issue is the consequence of your purchases. I would personally prefer to fund games like Path Of Exile despite how much time is invested there. Or Pantheon, or smaller studios. Giving away money to Candy Crush for example will bring you nothing more than pop ups, Pay2win, distorted game design, and a lack of concern for in game issues.

It's been made very clear in some excellent videos dissecting the business model. The incentive behind a subscription or box sale is based on the quality of the product. The incentive behind a cash shop grab is to liter the game with annoyances and unbalance it as much as possible in favor of the whales.

Quite simply, you have a choice of better products by better spending habits, or lesser products by frivolous spending.

BDO really abuses the consumer dynamic with their design. A lot of people invested money into specific classes that where ultimately disposed of later on. All the inventory, weight, costumes, equipment, artisans, flute, and worst of all time invested is just abandoned by the developers.

#61 2Cents, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. Malkontent

Maybe just maybe it gives people that cant nolife 24/7 a means to keep up with progression. Living in your moms basement shouldn't be the only path to success. Just my 2 cents.

3. 2Cents

There are already better solutions to every issue. Limits to nodes, RBF, it's all been done correctly in other games. That is the only thing players really have a valid complaint about. When it comes to PVE, there is nothing wrong with the majority of players grinding solo or in groups at various ranges. This also includes players that would never reach end game.

Paying your way to the top is completely pointless in the view of an actual MMORPG player. You don't pay to skip the game, you pay to PLAY THE GAME.

4. Fateneko

5. 2Cents

When translated it's still a rough read. I'm not convinced this will solve the issues or that Pearl Abyss is even aware of the issues. A lot of these skills sound like they are related to the extra Black Spirit damage.

The main issue appears to be flow dmg being capped which essentially means your AP simply won't count and neither would any scaling for most of the awakening skills.

This also doesn't address the fact that Witch has been a bottom tier 1v1 class for nearly 3 years and lacks a grab which is essential to prevent unlimited immunity/SA/360 block/etc.

6. Malkontent

It is a pve buff. I wouldn't hold my breath for 1v1 buffs when witch is hands down, far and away the best class for large scale bar none. Even better than wizard. But good luck with that.

7. 2Cents

Makes a lot of sense, the class should just lose to every 1v1 forever. Because that's what competition and PVP is all about.
    They should just remove crystal breaking and exp loss from the class and deem it the Karma Bomber class.

8. Malkontent

Dont shoot the messenger. I'm just telling how it is. Someone has to be best and worst at everything. The pve buff is needed tho.

9. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Hey guys, as we have been watching this thread through our discord bot for sometime, I thought I might drop you a line to say that indeed some buffs have come to Global Lab regarding Witch & Wizard skills, which I am sure you have heard about already.

OwO cheering.gif

Silver99 and Maginha like this.