1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvE only servers is the next step.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fearless V, Aug 14, 2018.

?

Should PA make PvE only servers for us.

1. Yes

113 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. No

161 vote(s)
    57.5%
  3. Other

6 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

Sure, let me know when and where you gonna grind so all of us gonna go and grief :)

2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Lol wut? So you want me to guide you to me so you can grief me. Lol you'll need much stronger and deceptive bait. For a chance in order for that to work.

TL/DR No!

3. Arturia Pendragon

Arturia Pendragon Witch 62 NA

PVE would be fine if you just get rid of all the mobs. xD

4. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

LOL when they added the increased drop rate to Gankville server I said that

Gankville would be fine if they got rid of the mobs. Suppose to be a PvP server not a increase your silver gain server

Arturia Pendragon likes this.
  5. Rayin

With that logic let's remove the silver income from mobs, you're supposed to have fun slaining AI, that's your reward. It doesn't affect other players? no problem, you can grind in their same very spot, that'd be your final reward.

Then we can all have a daily wage, like 3kk, collect them and have fun stacking money over a long period of time.

6. Artigan

With the inclusion of a pvp server I don't see the issue of a pve server being implemented. Essentially what the pvp community is arguing for is having their cake while eating it too, which is quite the hypocrisy that a pvp server can exist but not a pve server. All I've read so far is a bunch of individuals spewing biases while disregarding what other players would like to spend their time on.

BDO isn't a game of just flagging to push someone out of, "your" grind spot, and it has many facets for many players, and should someone wish to avoid pvp who are you to say that isn't how BDO is played? Clearly it is, as flagging and pvp is something you have to initiate whether that is solo or guild versus guild, not a 24-7 reality of faction versus faction or king of the hill game play. I wouldn't let a minority of loud and entitled children and puerile adults determine how others have fun. If turning on a pve only server draws in more customers than the net loss of a few, "my way or the high way" types than so be it, this is what you would call good business and acceptable losses, so I say forget'em, who cares about an extreme minority in a world of entertainment that flourishes on population and popularity.

The pvpers will still have their pvp exclusive server at the end of the day, they just won't be able to bully those who want nothing to do with their garbage; that in truth is what annoys the hard line pvpers, so in the end it's like I said: a bunch of biases from children whining about their cake.

#186 Artigan, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Zelophehad, Fearless V and Buxx like this.
  7. Allan1985

Dude, dreaming is nice and all but lets be realistic here: even terraria wich ha 2D graphics has more people playing it right now than bdo, no mans sky is a "exploration" game, boring right? well it was 3x more active playes than bdo right now, even Civ5 wich is a offline mostly game has more active players, do you guess what those numbers would look like if we dont even count the people doing AFK-whilesleep activities in bdo?

Attached Files:

• Rly.png
      Rly.png
      File size:
      118.1 KB
      Views:
    Artigan likes this.
  8. ambyentlight

They should make 1 more channel that is pve and call it Carebear.

9. Kharognar

You realise that Steam Playerbase is literally 5 % of the Actual playerbase since Steam Launcher is kinda new right ? ... 95 % Come from PA's Launcher ..

10. LucidKill

If you lock 1 server, then lock them all including PvP server because it is only fair. You made your choice when creating you character. Live with it. Your not allowed to ever change your mind even if new features are added or the class you picked is nerfed into to trash tier in PvP later on.

#190 LucidKill, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Arreyanne and Fearless V like this.
  11. Allan1985

ofc i do realise that,but that also apply to the games i am comparing bdo to. anyway what is important is not the numbers themselfs, is the tendency, look at the pic i just added, as you can see in the last 4 months bdo has lost 50% of its player base in steam, from 20k to 10k.

well bdo in steam was launched in may 2017, dunno if thats early or not, but as you can see monter hunter has 300k active player base right now, and it was launched in steam like 2 weeks ago.

in any case i am not trying to be a catastrophic profet or anything, i would love to have a bdo in wich i can have fun, but the facts state that people is just not happy with the game, me included. there is just no challenge in it other that infinite grinding, no sense of acomplishment, and no real reward for time invested since the game has so much "time sink" mechanics with no other porpouse than forcing you to spend much more time doing something than necessary (3 hrs on average only to sell 160 imperial packs, thats a ****ing joke), I started to play monster hunter like 4 days ago just because i was yawning while playing bdo and guess what, in those 4 days i have had much more fun than in the last month in bdo, my farms are 200% growth, most my charactes have max energy from sleeping while playing MH, i havent turn in not even 1 imperial pack in 3 days, 0 grinding, and you know what, i dont care, cause i am having FUN!

Attached Files:

12. piratebeowolf

Yup pve servers.... Yo man spot taken.... what you gonna do flag lol

ya totally will work

13. Zelophehad

Let's be honest with ourselves, the ONLY reason PVP'rs come to these topics and flame ON is because they're afraid they'll lose those soft, tender, easy kills from the majority PVE players who tend to avoid PVP like the plague and generally suck at it.

Those types of players (PVE'rs) don't come here to post about it, they're the older guys who take a punch and move on, they won't kick and cry and scream about it because they aren't SJW scum, but in the end they would still rather play a PVE style where they don't HAVE to look over their shoulder ever few seconds.

That's the only reason they're on here (PVP'rs) being little keyboard warriors about a game design that has been implemented in MMO's for decades...but seems quite vacant in these newer "Korean MMO's"...to their own detriment. They tried the absolute, hardcore, PVP onry server...and guess what, it's failed miserably. Why? Because at the end of the day, those hardcore PVP'rs having to deal with other hardcore PVP'rs in the open world grind spots...would rather not. They'd rather go kick over a PVE'rs sand castle.

At the end of the day, this game has potential to topple that mega-giant MMO that is WoW. But without a PVE only server to attract all of those players who truly despise PVP and the toxic, rabid, mouth-foamers that make up the primary majority of PVP players...not a chance man. BDO has some of the most beautiful graphics, smoothest action-style MMO abilities, great classes, "life-skilling" which you can drop thousands of hours into and not be bored stupid...and well, BDO is a great game...except for the forced, open-world PVP.

Anyone who disagrees with me, you're wrong. If you have your own opinion, that's fine, keep it, I'm not interested. The numbers are starting to even out on the poll also as more PVE'rs find this most recent post letting the dev's know that it is not a vocal minority that desire AT LEAST ONE PVE server. That's all we ask. Make one and it will be filled to the brim in one day. Furthermore, (dev's) you'll find that most whales who are willing to drop hundreds/thousands of dollars on your game...are actually primarily PVE players and not trying to p2w (because yes, this game has SOME p2w elements, not many, but some).

Showstorm, Allan1985 and eitheldin like this.
  14. Capitaine Courage

Nobody ever asked for a PvP server, with a different gameplay than everywhere else which is the most stupid thing to do on top of that.
    Kakao did it to try to hide the fact that they never were able to actually finish and polish the karma system, a feature thrown out incomplete and never finished, like everything they do.

Ok, you are frustrated, sour and need to vent it, right.
    So you tell everybody about your formidable ideas about how a PvE server would save the game (from what ? Nobody knows but that's not the matter), the same arguments already heard a thousand time. Most of them based on a pejorative description of "PvP players" since as you can't vent your furtration ingame, you do it here with as much contempt as you can
    The same arguments based on a clear dichotomy : PvE or PvP, because as a close minded person, your own sectarism makes you are unable to apprehend the fact that maybe players came on that game for the PvX. You know, having the 2 at once
    And PA has never pulled out a PvE server in any of the versions of the game, which s PvX by nature. Not PvE or PvP, the 2 at once.
    Seems they know better than you.

#194 Capitaine Courage, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    IWalkAlone and Rayin like this.
  15. nolasigns

So, his "rant" is the epitome of 40% of the current voter's rants. Are you saying screw nearly half the player-base just to be supportive of your own? Pot-kettle.

Calling people closed minded, while yourself being in defense of a particular play-style or opinion based on thin air, that you adhere to, is basic hypocrisy. An open minded PvPer would have herd his/her rant, and offered suggestions, other than "suck it up it's how I say it is" and perhaps even been supportive of their solutions, as long as it wasn't a direct imposition on you, and other's that share your opinion.

16. Capitaine Courage

I'm not a PvPer.
    Only stupid people with subpar tastes and capacity of judgement would play this game just for PvP, exclusively, and be satisfied with it. There are far better game experiences proposals for that out there.
    Same goes for PvE. Most of their proposals are subpar .... at best. Bland AI monsters, appaling game modes that are just a shame and an insult to every game designer with a self esteem (Savage Rift for example), basically no player sollicitation, just repeating extremely simple mechanic gesture without any skill or motor pertinency notion put into it. You don't play the game, the game plays you.
    All of it only makes sense because of what every segregative player forgot, may he call himself a PvPer or a PvEr (and this is the vast majority of MMORPG players, as a whole, too alienated by their own old habits) : PvX

#196 Capitaine Courage, Aug 20, 2018
    IWalkAlone likes this.
  17. SammyAndTina

single player instances pl0x

18. Grizabella

I am not a PvPer. I do however PvP. I have to. It is exciting and challenging. There is simply no substitute for the adrenaline rush that you get as someone flags on you and tries to ruin your day.

In life, without risk, there is no reward. I don't love PvP. I do not seek it out. But I will defend to the death (and since I suck at PvP probably many very quick deaths) the need for it to exist and for it to not be something you can simply opt out of.

19. nolasigns

Playing the independent card doesn't negate what I said.

20. Capitaine Courage

What did you say that had any kind of interest by the way ? That I didn't propose anything ?
    Kakao never, ever pulled a PvE only server.
    So if you got grievance against that, talk to them, and ask them to explain why there is no such server, not me. It's not me who said "No" to PvE server, it's them.

Right, well I have a proposition if you want : play other, better games.
    Easy.
    That's what I do.

And why do you talk about "half the playerbase" in your first message anyways ?
    Nobody goes on these forums, not even the ones who are paid to actually manage it, so they don't represent much.
    Half of this forum is still half of nothing, and the game is now on its decline anyways.

#200 Capitaine Courage, Aug 20, 2018
    Fearless V likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.