1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvE only servers is the next step.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Fearless V, Aug 14, 2018.

?

Should PA make PvE only servers for us.

1. Yes

113 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. No

161 vote(s)
    57.5%
  3. Other

6 vote(s)
    2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

To be honest pve server would help noobs who are to weak for pvp anyway.

Fearless V likes this.
  2. Alexandrious

Well, you are here whining, thus you must git gud? Is that an arguement? :|

3. nolasigns

Correlating a discussion with "whining" to someone that clearly stated they would not be on a PvE server, if provided, is ad hominem.

Care to try again, or are you just pulling emotion from the hip?

4. Capitaine Courage

You do understand that I don't really care about what you think, right, even more when you're starting by saying wrong stuff at the very first line of analysis ? (Monetisation has no impact on PvE .... lol, balance has no impact on PvE, lol again, and so on). Do you even understand the game you play at least ?
    And I don't even talk about your other argument ; "but it's like that in every other game", just showing that you actually don't have a fine knowledge of this specific games and its subsystems.

Talk to Pearl Abyss if you want your PvE server and give them your reasons to do so, not to me.
    But don't say it's other players fault, or PvPer, or anything you want, if they tell you what they told everybody else since the game release : No

5. nolasigns

I don't need to be told "No" by anyone to form my own opinions when the discussions arise. A "No" from PA wouldn't even deter that, since I've seen drastic changes done before that harbored a consistent "No" previously.

But I see you're bankrupt in responses. So, all we can do is wait and see.

6. Capitaine Courage

Well, you just showed that you don't know the game enough and just speak in generalities.
    Saying that monetisation, balance or server and network performance has little impact on PvE (Vell says Hello), saying that every other developper is as bad as PA when it comes to test and implementation is a good very good example of that.
    Why would I speak with someone that don't even really know what he is talking about ?

7. nolasigns

Because you haven't even argued against what I am talking about. You're on the argumentum ad lapidem route now, and for most part putting words in my mouth to push your dismissive attitude, and avoid my real questions to the whole concept. Example.

You: "Saying that monetisation, balance or server and network performance has little impact on PvE (Vell says Hello), saying that every other developper is as bad as PA when it comes to test and implementation is a good very good example of that."

This is an assertive ad hoc fallacy, that you assume is the all to known reasons for the demise of the game, yet you accused me of generalities? I simply offered a perspective into those things, and how they offer little to no impact to THIS discussion which should be about PvE servers, yes? Or NO? why no? How will it hurt BDO or it's CURRENT AND RESIDING PLAYERS, not about players long gone for reasons.

Now, as usual, I blame myself for entertaining people and their ridiculous, non essential arguments over topics that have no place in the current discussions, but the only thing left to really discuss is Yes- No- why no. Can you get back on board or are we done here?

8. AlnilamE

I can see no downsides, even if I am fine with the PvX servers as they are.

There is no need to lock the servers or apply any debuffs. What would happen:

1. All the afk riders and fishers would go there, easing the frame rate in towns for the rest of us.
    2. If people grind at popular spots they would likely grind over each other, negating the need of any drop rate or XP debuffs. That will sort itself out.

I think the only problem would be that if they use the same code they use for world bosses, people would not be able to catch horses on that channel, because that's apparently "PvP" for the game's spaghetti code.

I certainly have friends who would be happy to come back and spend time in a channel where they can quest in peace without the annoyance of being ganked just because they are running through an area.

LucidKill and eitheldin like this.
  9. Well, since people have been asking for PvE servers for a very long time now, I think it might become a thing.

10. LogicaI

LOL, You cannot expect an adult or child to take you seriously with this line. It is a testament to your closed minded perceptions.

LOL Source?

Because almost every single person i know that has dropped thousands in the cash shop is a pvper.

According to the poll. Incorrect. 58% no to 39% at the time of writing this. I don't see that as even at all. Maybe if i had those rose tinted glasses you were wearing.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  11. cl2aze

The problem is that there is not enough PvE content, aside from professions such as fishing, farming, etc. So, you will still complain after figuring that out....RIP

IWalkAlone likes this.
  12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Nothing to see here, pretty obvious "NO TO PVE SERVERS" is the way to go, "keeps scrolling to next post"...

LogicaI likes this.
  13. Alexandrious

Well if im pulling anything from YOU it seems im getting some Triggered emotion out of ya. :)

:D:D:D

14. CandyCat

They may as well open one up. Nerf the drop rate on everything by 50%. Who cares anyways since there is no real endgame, updates, or anything else going on these days. zzz

15. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

So take away drops is what you are saying? Do you understand what 50% nerf off of .50% even means? Might as well not do anything since at neg 50% drop rate I will be getting nothing.

16. nolasigns

Don't confuse me putting a mental midget in their place with being triggered. Just makes you look even less intellegint.

17. 2Cents

If they dropped 1,000's in the cash shop they are not really a PVPer. Remember all that "skill based" PVP, hardcore gamer, etc. Spending money on the cash shop to "Win" is by definition anti Player VS Player.

And don't forget Star Citizen's new twist: You can't "Win" in a MMO Universe therefore it can't be Pay2Win!

18. Alexandrious

This coming from a guy who misspelled "intelligent" :|

:D

19. Arturia Pendragon

Arturia Pendragon Witch 62 NA

I miss the old pvp server without the stupid DP buff. As a Witch, I don't even bother going because if I encounter a Striker or Mystic I can only run. xD Immortality stacked on 50% more Immortality to magic.

20. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

You just need more AP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.