1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PvE Server Suggestions (Note..."SUGGESTIONS")

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Wyvinters, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Crossed my mind that it can actually be done.
    How you might ask? Respawn rates.

P.A/Kakao have done it before on the well-renowned "Sausans". Why can't they do it for the rest?
    So here goes a scenario:

- No PvP flagging (Debatable with Guild Deccing for playing devils advocate)
    = I know all PvE players / players who wanted a PvE server want nothing to do with PvP.

- Respawn Rates to the likes of Sausans
    = Not that hard to tamper with and applied to all mobs in BDO.
    Remember that small spot at Fogans you were pushed into?
    Well, you can sit there and farm it without moving! (hold your trigger till the next one)

- Exp + Drop rates are lowered fairly "IF YOU ARE SOLO" and back to normal "IF YOU ARE IN A PARTY"
    = Reason is that this would encourage Party Play and bring the MMO back into the RPG > MMORPG.
    More explanation would be that if you are solo and grinding alone, you'll be making less than if you
    were in a party. The more you have in your party, the scales of fairness drop loot will return to normal.
    This is to make it so players on PvE servers don't have an advantage over those in PvP / Normal servers.

- Could possibly have a switch timer from PvP server to PvE server.
    = Meaning you can't just join a PvP server from a PvE server and vice versa, takes a week.
    This could help with preventing griefers or resident @$$h0l3z from stalking you like an obsessed lover.
    (Do they really want to dedicate a week to grief you on a PvE server that they can't kill you on?
    if so, I admire their dedication and persistence. They must love and care for you very much.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are the ones I can think of so far.
    Life-skillers would love it, general PvErs would love it.
    Honestly, more potential market with people comfortably paying for Pearl Items
    because of the fact they can enjoy the game and watch their barbie doll without it getting
    mutilated by some imba Mystic or DK. (Grabs popcorn whilst watching bandwagoners)

People who remember what the MMO stood for in MMORPG would love it.
    Arguably, the game isn't a PvP game if people kept asking for "PvP servers". If it were,
    we wouldn't have PvP servers. To THOSE people, the current game is PvX. Get it right.

Joungf likes this.
  2. iarilo

As it currently stands, there are no so-called "PvP servers" due to the winner being punished by karma loss and the other not losing anything at all from deaths.

If anything, pve servers would have to have slower mob/gathering respawn rates. No bosses obviously.
    If not, the "pve" server progression has to be kept separate from the "pvp" servers. Otherwise you not only punish pvp by karma loss, but you also punish the players by slowing down their progression in comparison to pure 'pve' servers.

Which leads all the 'pvp' servers becoming as empty as Valencia 6 used to be and pve servers getting overflown by griefers, which will just kill your mobs faster than you do. Which will, of course, lead to people complaining about grinding speed disbalance of one or another class.

Also, 'pve' servers will lose the purpose of multiple activities - like guild wars, for example. Scrapping content from one and leave it in another doesn't sound right to me.

You sure you thought this through?

3. Brightcide

The issue with adjusting EXP and drop rates in groups is that the group should already be clearing far faster than a solo player, and therefore will get more overall EXP and drops compared to the solo player. This would only serve to encourage group Karma bombing, which is a big enough issue as is.

Also, Valencia 6 was anything but dead. I almost always grinded there because people couldn't Karma bomb. 99% of the time I ran into another player on Val6 we ignored each other and continued doing our own thing. People didn't go to grind on Val6 to PvP, they went there to get away from Karma bombers.

PvE/PvP servers should never be a thing, and are only temporary solutions to the real issue, which is the Karma system.

4. Joungf

Nice suggestions

5. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Karma-bombing was a term that was created by players who were too "entitled" and hated any form of "competition" because it impeded on their own selfish desire to "git gud" faster than someone else that wanted to "git gud without the effort." a.k.a "Spoonfed players"
    For the main purposes of karma bombing its usually to win over a grinding spot for progression purposes.
    RARELY is it used for the sole, non-influenced reason of pissing on someone's parade.

IT'S PART OF THE FLAWED GAME DESIGN.
    Learn to deal with it, or stop playing the f*cking game.

6. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

I agree, it is a flawed design like I've stated in a previous response but at the same time I reckon:

Karma-bombing was a term that was created by players who were too "entitled" and hated any form of "competition" because it impeded on their own selfish desire to "git gud" faster than someone else that wanted to "git gud without the effort." a.k.a "Spoonfed players"
    For the main purposes of karma bombing its usually to win over a grinding spot for progression purposes.
    RARELY is it used for the sole, non-influenced reason of pissing on someone's parade.