1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVE server yet?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Skiritai, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Skiritai

title explains it all

I love the game, hate humans (pvp trolls).

any pve server yet?

why? if the devs saw what I paid on this game in the past..in summary, thousands.

no pve, no more of my money.

make pve server, I pay up. I'll check in next year.

gurghul likes this.
  2. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

olvia servers have pvp turned off, so you can just go ahead and play 1 month on them then take a break to return

3. ChoeChoeTrain

L.O.L. Dude your money is just a drop in the bucket. Your money does not have any significant impact on the game. There will never be any pve servers except for Olvia to an extent. Thank you for the good laugh.

choovanski, Souda, Yumine and 2 others like this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

They have no plans to implement an offline progression server, aka Pve server.
    What you can do is hop scotch multiple accounts to stay on the olvia channels though.

flukeSG2 and AZzalor like this.
  5. zhagsten

Do you like pve trolls?

6. Khondo

Not yet, but I don't think there will be a need for it, pretty soon all the PVP jerks will have left, after finally realising BDO is not a PVP game, just has PVP components.

gurghul and Wodahs like this.
  7. Nitche

Nitche Tuatha_De Kunoichi NA

"pretty soon" ... I feel like that was the same statement being made years ago. People who play this game to PvP are here and are definitely a huge impact on the economy.

8. Khondo

Notice I said "PVP jerks"? Not all players that like PVP are jerks and yes they, like everyone, impacts the economy. PVP jerks are players that just kill people for fun no matter what the reason/gear score/location.

Also the channel/server you are on impacts this. The server I play on, can't remember the last time I was attacked, while afk horse riding.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Nitche

Nitche Tuatha_De Kunoichi NA

Technically you are free game once you hit 50 I think it is? It's been a while since I've actually checked the level of when you get flagged for PvP. The literal point of end game is to be successful in PvP/Node Wars. You can't say " after finally realising BDO is not a PVP game, " because it in fact ... is a PvP game with PvE elements.

10. orfeaskarman

The problem with the idea of a pve server is that when someone comes and starts killing the mobs in the rotation you grinding in atm, you won't be able to do anything about it in a true pve server. Thus the idea of a true pve server would be dysfunctional in the way bdo is designed.

11. The_Lord

your pve server is in another game, open world pvp is part of the game deal with it. How can you be so entitled and ask the dev to change how the game works just so YOU can never have to deal with people fighting you for a grind spot. Idk why some people like to pretend they can never grind and there is always a super geared player that come kill you randomly everytime you try to grind lmao that's just not true, and if it happens then maybe it's an issue on your end with your behavior.

Also if you weren't such a snowflake believing everyone killing you is this toxic mean lonely person that just want to ruin your day maybe it wouldn't bother you so much (maybe that's not what you believe im talking mostly in general that's what most people making these kind of post believe). Sometimes i see someone at a rotation i will leave and sometimes maybe im on cc cooldown i will kill them for the spot or ask them to duel for spot, that's part of the game. Some people truly believe this is WRONG and your a horrible person and blablabla for doing that, that's your problem, you can play a different game or stop taking everything so personal.

12. easay9

? I can go months without encountering open world pvp the punishment is already too harsh for doing it and in the desert it never happens because you get sent to jail if someone uses tears lol

Theres no need for pve server because PVP is rare outside of node wars and RBF/battle arena
    Unless your at war with a guild and if thats the case just ask for protection from your guild or just dont be in one

Factorial and Diazine like this.
  13. Leyren

With the Karma punishment, PvP is not an issue. I'm a pure PvE / Lifeskill player and have no issues at all.. you barely encounter PvP. Apart of that, turning PvP off doesn't change peoples behaviour. They'd then just try to mess up your rotation for 10 minutes instead of flagging on you.
    Also, you put way too much weight on your own opinion and your money.

14. Buddypal

Got raped 3 up to 5 times playing 2+ years on none olvia servers. Hmmmm....we need more PVE servers i guess.

15. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Sooooo... Because you paid, you gained the right to change the game however you want? Nice one!

More seriously, we already have many topics about this, one of the most recent being the following one : is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Many opinions about the pros and cons, feel free to check it.

AZzalor likes this.
  16. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I remember when OPK was a thing but with the punishment today, that has dropped dramatically. I don't find the griefers r OPkers around now that I'm at 270/304. Had a couple tried to take the spot I was in but they died in two hits. two guys in several weeks are really nothing. Most just asked if they could party up and were very polite people but nothing toxic. This is nothing compared to a couple of years ago. YOu wouldn't have made it past 2 days playing this game. Stay in Olvia forever I guess.

Bizmarc89 and Columba like this.
  17. Columba

Please no. If you can’t handle a little pvp now and then, this game isn’t for you. I am hated by many, yet I rarely get bothered.

IWalkAlone and Bizmarc89 like this.
  18. Khondo

I wish there was a way to work these numbers out but from what I see, PVP/Node has a very limited player base, look at how many actual guilds participate versus the total number of guilds out there.

Like I said, PVP/Node war players are the loudest, the rest just play the game.

19. The_Lord

that's irrelevant tho, node war and siege has nothing to do with open world pvp and why people want ''pve server''. Even if most people don't do node war and siege they still play the same game as everyone else with open world pvp in it. Fighting for your spot is part of the game and even that is easy to avoid unless you want to grind at the most contested area in which case you have no right to complain. just because YOU don't like it or don't want to do it doesn't mean others are jerks doing it and just playing the game like it should be played.

20. Purr

welll like a month or less ago olvia servers had pvp turned off completly so there u go
    Olvia 1-6 PVE ONLY
    arsha PVP ONLY
    everything else PVPVE also known as PVX
    soo yeah we alrdy have pve servers

DafuqYouLookinAt likes this.