1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVP boat killing around underwater ruins

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GrumpyGreenCricket, May 23, 2019.

1. GrumpyGreenCricket

Hello all! I have a question. I had my Old Bartali Boat destroyed while I was AFK working on a guide for Protty Cave. I was just standing on my boat on the eastern coast of Weita Island. I'm curious, can any boat be destroyed by someone who is red? If I were to take a boat without cannons, could it be destroyed as well? I'm thinking maybe we could avoid PVP by taking the faster Roroju's Rescue Raft or Palm Raft?

I didn't notice if there were any safe areas nearby. It never even crossed my mind that my boat might be sunk by another player! LOL! Is Iliya Island the closest safe zone?

Guess I need some red player advice to finish the guide. Thanks much!

2. Asterotis

an any boat be destroyed by someone who is red?

If I were to take a boat without cannons, could it be destroyed as well?

YES.

3. GrumpyGreenCricket

And a big fat red YES! LOL! Ok, thanks. Hmmmm. Now what? Park boat at Iliya Island and shark/fish suit to Weita? That would be a long swim without one of those costumes. Or just take a really cheapo drift wood raft...

4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 60 NA

This is part of their devious mechanics to get more people to buy the shark suit. This along with the seven day loyalties one to show how much better swimming is with one.
    They knew that all the immature grievers in this game would kill all the boats leading to more sales of the shark suit. Ingenious marketing ploy.

5. MagicalTabletopGirls

While all that is true both these grind spots suck for loot & exp per hour.So welfare box for the Rings it is like everything else in this game.

6. MalTails

MalTails MaleficTails Witch 61 NA
    Ambassador

You can take the Griffin box from Velia to Iliya. No shark/ fish outfit needed. Go to the north side of Iliya and do a short swim/dive down. Weita for Protty Cave is the only tedious long swim. And there's plenty of alternative land options for long term grind at that AP.

Maginha and Smileybones like this.
  7. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

it was already answered but yes all boats can be destroyed.
    I also heard the guy doing it receives a huge amount of karmaloss for doing so too

another way to counter it could be to tag you grind-char with an alt who sails there. that way the boat is logged out while you grind.

#7 Rising_Chaos, May 23, 2019
    Last edited: May 23, 2019
    LucidKill, Corsix, Aaarggghhh and 5 others like this.
  8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

why sir, the solution is simple, u pearl your mount... erm, ship! back to life or u purchase pearl shop diving outfit. 'tis really convenient and designed that way by developers! :D

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Maginha

Oof, some ppl need a break of this game... srsly... boat pvp was in way before the dev knew if there ever will be an underwater grind area.

Additionally when u see that your boat gets attacked, change char / server.

Isnt one of the beautiful things in bdo that everybody can play the game how he likes it? And yes, this includes ppl that want to rp/be an asshat.

A boat is a mount, mounts can die, surprised eh?

10. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

As stated above you either tag an alt and his boat or if your boat is destroyed you buy a travelers map to get back to velia

Aiwen and Maginha like this.
  11. JingK

I think I lost 3000 karma from killing a boat

12. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

This is how I kept my Sailboat from being destroyed by griefers. I thought this was the obvious option? Guess I was wrong. Then again I am dealing beings who brag about being handed lopsided victories and hand me down wins via RNG and P2W. LEL

13. GrumpyGreenCricket

Doh! The only time I ever used the tagging system was when they had that awesome archer shared xp event! Didn't realize you could do this to protect your ship. Time to do some tagging then. Thanks much!

Stillwaters likes this.
  14. Fearless V

Yes you can. And it's amazing to give those wannabe griefers a big F U by doing so.

Phoenixxx75 and Stillwaters like this.
  15. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

I think that they are too incompetent and too self assured to properly consider all the effects it has on the game

Shastalya likes this.
  16. DarkGG

Was anyone surpised? We had this issue on the test server. This game breeds toxicity and PA don't give to crap about it. Enjoy your grind just to find your boat gone afterwards.

Phoenixxx75 and 2Cents like this.
  17. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

I remember old Vell times where my boat would get rammed to death and having to swim 20mins. D:< And then i remember those sweet times where i took out my axe and chopped those ships down :D

Phoenixxx75, seanas and Maginha like this.
  18. Fearless V

Like others on these forums. You think too lowly of Pearl Abyss. That is a huge error. In my actualy 7 months of playing this game and watching it develop I have to say Pearl Abyss is everything but incompetent.

Objectively speaking they are pros at manipulation. They are very good at it. It shows that they play their game. BDO is the only Korean MMO to have entertain me so much to get me to spend over $300 USDs. These Koreans are very good at what they do. To sell them short is not only irrational but foolhardy.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Oh oh, soon you'll add one more 0 to that number.

How do i know ? "Experience"

seanas likes this.
  20. AlnilamE

IIRC you need to be on your boat or close to it for it to be destroyed, right?

So if you are near Protty Cave, you could get off and swim to Weita if you need to afk.