1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVP Channels should get rewarding buffs..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LightningFFXIII-4, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Sheneria

Not even 1 day and some "PVP" players need incentive to go to the pvp channel :D

seanas, TarkusBlack and Similon like this.
  2. Shadowfibby

Shadowfibby Tamer 61 NA

@carebears maybe the concept of the winner of pvp getting rewarded is too foreign for you people but this is an excellent idea hope it gets implemented though who knows pa devs are rng.

3. Columba

Lol. Translation: I need more lowbies to gank on the pvp server because I am losing every fight.

Senzai likes this.
  4. Silsti

First two should suffice. Also @Shadowfibby is right you guys are either just memeing or actually being autists about risk/reward.

5. zhagsten

The reward has always been to hold the spot. You were angry that it wasn't working that way because of karma. There's no karma anymore. You fight for resources. There is a reward.

Removing the karma system is a benefit or not? Why do you need more? If you are unhappy with a channel without karma system, go back to the many channels with the karma system.

6. Columba

They want to lure lowbies so they can gank them. Self esteem is precious, you know

Domonkazu and zhagsten like this.
  7. Shadowfibby

Shadowfibby Tamer 61 NA

I barely even open world pvp so why would I need lowbies to gank? Hell I don't even leave safe zone these days because I'm just making money and barely playing this game. If you think I lose a lot of fights you can meet me in rbf off peak time NA or arrange a 1v1. But if you lose you have to delete your precious forum account with 1600+ posts all about karma bombing for wasting my time.
    But it wasn't a reward, due to karma bombers. I win fights and plebs actually bother to walk from pirate spawn to jungle 5 times until they burn all their karma or use real life money and tear. I agree it would have been a reward, if pathetic body throwing karmabombers did not exist.

LeWaffles likes this.
  8. Yanni Plum

I do not agree with giving the PVP channel any KIND of buff.

People requested a PVP channel for "fun" and because they want to PVP all the time. Just having the channel is enough. Giving something "extra" would not be fair.

And you will say: "But PVP channel is harder, we need rewards". And I will answer, if it's hard swap to the normal server. Then you will be like: "But I like PVP" and I will be like: well, then enjoy? But do not complain. <- You get my point. Nobody forces anyone to go to val6, if you do, you know the consequences.

Lateral likes this.
  9. Reyer

+20% Combat exp should be enough. It's enough to invite more players but not too much so it wont create even bigger difference between already geared people and those who just got their average gear. Add 12h or 24h of channel change delay and we're set.

You know... There is no thing that any PvP player would decide "screw exp and loot, let's just go and slaughter every player in my sight for another year". Everyone wants to get better and still have some fun. If there is only risk and no reward then you are just wasting your time. Would you risk going to Sausans just to gain nothing in endless fights between you and players with better or worse gear? They loose nothing crushing you and you get nothing killing them. There is just no point in fights where no one can win anything. Be it spot or domination over other player. He won't go away and you'll keep killing/dying until one of you decide that it's just pointless and boring to fight over nothing for hours. The most patient will always win.
    THERE IS NO POINT IN FIGHTING IF YOU ONLY LOOSE - SPOT, TIME, EXP AND MONEY, when you can fight on normal server and at least have chance of them going away when you karmabomb them. Right now you go there die 15 or 30 times and that's it. You could do the same on arena on every other server...

If you add even a little reason to fight for you'll see more fights.

10. Roogen

lmao so you get a PvP server and you want more PvE element on it? **** post..

11. woots

^all this xD

12. Smileybones

Honestly, as someone who dislike PVP I don't see the issue with rewarding players using that channel, because first it doesn't affect me. Even more than that, why would I care if some players progress faster than me since I don't compete with them ?

Secondly, the more PVP oriented players going into that channel, the less chance I have to meet them while playing and get unwanted PVP from them.

Tinaral and Hyppocritten like this.
  13. zhagsten

Kakao should give me infinite pearls, it doesn't affect you.

14. Tinaral

It sounds logical than in such a dangerous environment a buff is added. But more like +25% exp buff, nothing too major.

15. Reyer

Let's clarify what hides under the term of "PvP players" in BDO (IMO). It's not just "killing other players" but "Having a world where PvP matters" which makes OWPvP. Where killing players isn't just a thing to annoy them, like some vicious mosquito, but it's a tool to get something - be it satisfaction, spot, roleplay purpose, etc. Where world is alive and dangerous, where you need to think if other players is hiding some murderous intentions or is just passing by or willing to share resources. Have you ever seen DayZ, PUBG, Rust and other popular survival games? It's FUN to interact with other players even if you risk dying. It's fun when two players meet deep in the forest, both stop at the same moment and think if the other side isn't going to attack. It encourages people to TALK, judge their actions and decide if it's worth trying to be a-hole. If there is no lost and no gain then it's all pointless.

Tinaral likes this.
  16. crosspath

So you cry cause you can't pvp and now that you can you want moar?

Never enough, never enough...

TarkusBlack likes this.
  17. Dandala

... why do you want to be rewarded with something we carebears don´t get? what exactly makes your playstyle more worthy or better than ours? and please don´t argue that we are all karma bombers, plainly untrue.

18. Captain TinFoil

Desert Camouflage and Treant Camouflage should function the same as they do in Node wars/Siege, player names shown.

Emergency Escape (Keybind) & Escape - Escape should be disabled on PvP Channels

Safe Zones should be removed, only towns and cities are allowed to be safe zones.

PvP Ranking Leaderboard - for Kill deaths for individual players, guilds. (Start off simple, expand on it later on, add special titles for highest kills, highest team party kills, highest assist etc reward players with memory fragments, sharps, hards, etc)

Event based PvP, force players to gather and fight in certain part of the world over resources.

Increase Channel-CD once you enter the channel you are committed.

19. zhagsten

No, those ones make sense. Better ask for better exp and better drops. And better enhancing rates too.

20. woots

And since pver suffered from "pvper" since day1 others channel should received +50% XP - SP - loot - 10k pearl for players that always had 300k karma.

Nothing too major.

#40 woots, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Smileybones likes this.