1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pvp or pve?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Tuborgian, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Malpercio

He is right you do need to do pve stuff, but all the lifeskills in the end enhance the pvp experience. Someone who has the money to buy what the lifeskills result to or do the lifeskills themselves will have more pvp advantage.

But this poster has not experienced what the "top dog" life is so he is only spouting what others tell him / show him. If you talk to anyone in the top guilds (snake, manup for NA) they will tell you a different story. Most players who arent at the top usually envy or complain about those at the top. They don't really have the experience of what it is like at the top, nor the struggles / advantages they get because they were never there.

There are pve elements, but the more you do those elements the more you realize the deeper things in the game. I would say when you start, level up a bit and talk to people in server chat or who you see in town and join guilds that are recruiting for what your interests are. There will be many haters and lovers of the game and after a bit of experiencing the game youll come to see why there is a line. If you have any questions in game you can always hit me up, my char name is my forum name. I can steer you in the right direction

2. Armory

BDO is a lie, PvE focused for mortals, a bit PvP for those playing for a long time but everyone still need to do PvE most of the time, atleast a huge majority of players. As a beginner you're most likely going to do a shitload of PvE before even joining any decent PvP session.

Fearless V and Shastalya like this.
  3. zhagsten

It's a full PvE game with a couple PvP jokes tossed around there.

Ninnghizhidda and Fearless V like this.
  4. Zaolee

Considered you need to do 90% of time pve to gear up I'd say it's pure pve game.

Catching up 1.5+ year old veterans will take some time..

5. Alexandrious

[​IMG]

Ahh....shitposters. Anyway.

I played mmos for likely 3x the time you have, and been successful in them, without smoking pot! Outplayed many like yourself as well, keeping off the weed does help with that.

Thing is, unlike you who needs to be carried, and unlike those you help that needs to be carried, I been hard at work! Getting a Empire built to make up to 2B a week, while barely having to play the game! So unlike you, I get to have a life! Go to the gym! Do fun things with my girlfriend! Strategically planning out my time, making use of Remote app while I am working a full time job, something you likely do not have since well, not many employers out there that tends to hire those who smells of Pot all the time. :D

So kiddo, ya should very kindly stay silent. :) I will roast you alive if I got the least bit agitated, im actually humored right now since I seen plenty like you before, and plenty like you tends to...vanish...due to their life choices. :o

Heh...top dog? My dear boy, those who are Top Dog in Korean mmos, usually got there by exploiting alot of unintended things in the game! Basic MMO 101 concerning Korean MMORPGs.

:)...

#45 Alexandrious, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  6. Kuro_Wendy

im playing this game since almost a year and i was noncon pvping like less that 10 times. And consensual pvping 0 times. This game is playable doing only pve and llifeskill

Edit: Boats and costumes are endgame anyways

#46 Kuro_Wendy, Mar 12, 2018
  7. Alexandrious

*Removes Black Spirit Form*

*clears throat*

Anyway, spite the OP likely no longer reading this. After work is done, I will, for the education of all others who may find this thread via a google search, and those new players in general, what to expect out of this game, why its this way, why the world of Korean mmos are the way they are, the business practices behind it, what to expect in the future, and what other countries who make mmos do very differently. Its like I stated before, I played mmos for a very, very long time, made from many different countries, many different kinds, and thus have more experience with them than 99 percent of players. I will likely use this thread, and that post, to refer players to when they seem confused on the how and why whenever Kakao and PA does something else outrageous, or they wonder why this mmo did that or that mmo did this.

OP if you are reading this and have questions, if you are able to start conversations, or if you cant just say so, if you have any questions you would like to ask without any ridicule attached, please let me know. I will be able to give you the pure, unbiased, logical explanation to all of your questions.

I have been playings mmos since Ultima Online, Everquest, and Phantasy Star Online. Expect the long, informative post sometime around 6est.

Also, Miss Wendy. Glad to see you never let pking shitters ruin things for you. I understand a lot of players who just mind their own business doing what they want be it questing or gathering or exploring, tends to use V Escape when attacked then disconnects? Honestly surprised I never see any complaints by "PVPers" on that. Sadly, when the threat of karma loss does not work, that's the only other tool those who just want to be left alone will have. Since skill means very little in the game, its mostly all about your gear, class matchup, your latency, latency of the current area you are in, and how much FPS your rig is getting, also dependent on the class you play if that benefits or hinders you. Anyway.

*places back on the eerie mask, turning back into The Black Spirit*

Ooooh, that pothead is in for it now! :D

#47 Alexandrious, Mar 12, 2018
  8. Kuro_Wendy

nah i usuay forgot the V option in my akward scaredness. Most likely getting 1 shotted cuz in lifeskill clothes. or stop moving, getting killed, (pretend to fight if the opponent stops attacking at that point. aka spamming random skills). die, res at node, chswap. + not grinding at contested places. if someone comes trying to take the spot i ask him politely that go another ch or another roatation. if he wont go away i chswap.

9. Tetrinox

The game is pretty meh.

PvE (as in Raids, Dungeons, interesting bosses): not found. Unless, of course, you want to spend half an hour shooting things with a matchlock. Not the most entertaining thing, I say.

PvP (as in real PvP, the one which requires certain skill and tactics): not found. Here, it's either one-shot (boring) or getting one-shotted (frustrating).

The reason why this game is even bought is because at the beginning, or before buying it, it shows you a completely different thing than what it is.

I don't want you to think that I'm hating on the game for no reason, I will just tell you what I expected and what I found instead.

So, probably just like you (OP), I started by watching some videos and reading opinions.
    Some of the videos were cool, showing the beautiful landscape and a very nice and fluid combat system.

The opinions were mixed, just as you see in this thread, so not very helpful.
    I had a friend who bought it and was just starting, and he spoke wonders of the game. So I decided to give it a go.

So, past some hours into the game - tutorial, quests, leveling, unlocking skills, getting into a couple of lifeskills - you start to notice some things.

Well, the first thing is that every road tries to lead you to the same place: the cash shop.

-Inventory full? Here's an icon with a backpack, if you click on it, it will redirect you to the shop in which you can buy inventory slots.
    -Too much weight? Click here!
    -Trying to get some silver by grinding mobs, huh? Well, did you know that if you click here you can buy a pet which allows you to collect loot faster? And if you buy more of them, it will be a lot faster than that! (Trust me, you will need them).
    -Getting started in trading: the game "steals" from you 30 % of the benefit you earn when selling something on the Marketplace for no reason... but no worries! If you buy a Value Pack here that won't happen anymore, and you will get other cool bonuses!
    -Other life skills such as processing or fishing: it's a slow process, right, pal? Well, here you can buy a costume that allows you to get these things over with faster and better.
    -One of the most stupid, frustrating things of this game, which you will inevitably do at some point, is enhancing. I won't go into detail, but of course you can buy things to make that process a bit less... insufferable.

Well, you get the idea. For every task, inconvenience or pain in the ass thing in this game there's an item which you can buy to do it faster and better.
    While you can go without getting some of these things, others are pretty much necessary if you want to take the game seriously - like pets, weight, slots... and of course items for enhancing.

So, moving on from the cash shop.
    We saw those beautiful scenes and places on the videos. And it's true, there's no catch there. At first I used to stop at some places to admire the landscape. Of course, you will get used to it. And yes, it's still beautiful, but void of content.

Apart from admiring the visual aspect of some locations, there's absolutely nothing you can do there - apart from killing mobs. Sometimes there's a quest or two, that inevitably involves killing more mobs.
    I know, this is probably true for every MMO out there, but some of them have interesting things to do too (ESO did quite good there).

Well, who cares about NPCs, there are real players out there! Indeed. The map is huge and there are some locations in which you won't run across anyone for a good hour, but others are completely crowded (which isn't that good either considering the poor performance it means).

Anyway, there are players out there, enjoying the game, doing interesting things... right?
    Well I'm sure some of them are... but most are simply AFK. Go to a city, Velia or Heidel, or a town like Tariff.
    80 % of the people will be congested along the river, AFK fishing. Others will be in Storage, most likely AFK processing; but wait! There's people moving in the distance, with their horses or with backpacks... forget about them, they are autopathing (AFK, of course).
    There's a bunch of people in the Marketplace too, and those are probably active. But if you try it, you will learn that trying to snipe things off the MP is worse than being AFK... or worse than being braindead for that matter.

To be fair, most of the game is AFK. The (virtually non-existent) PvE content revolves around 3 things: world bosses (probably one of the few things that require you to be using the keyboard), grinding mobs (active, but extremely boring, I will get to that later), and life skills.

Life skills are 90 % AFK.
    Processing: 90 % AFK 10% selling.
    Fishing is the same
    Cooking, Alchemy: 20 % buying/getting ingredients 80 % making a whole bunch of recipes AFK.
    Trading: 90 % AFK autopathing 10 % selling.
    Gathering: active. But a complete pain in the ass, to be honest.

Okay, now that cool combat system.
    Those fluid movements, the flashy animations, dodging, attacking, repositioning... it's cool, huh?
    Well, forget about it. You won't be using that.

The mobs you will be grinding don't have any kind of special attack, they don't require any tactic or skill at all, there's no danger. Sure, at first you will be trying out those movements, how cool they look... until you are so tired of grinding the same stupid mobs over and over and you just want to get it over with. Press 2 or 3 buttons at most and they are dead. No thoughts needed here. There aren't any "elite" type of mob that has some different attacks, all of them are just waiting there for you to finish them.
    World bosses are the most similar to "elite", but... well, they have like 2 or 3 different attacks so... and most of the time it will be too crowded with players for you to see anything anyway.

And in PvP you won't be using movements either. Like I said, you will be getting one-shotted a lot until you have gear... at which point you will be the one one-shotting, so there's no need to do anything than push the same 2 buttons, just like you do with mobs.

I expected something else entirely.

I saw I could buy houses, that was cool. But in the end you will fill them with cooking and alchemy utensils or some other ****.

The character creation is very well done. Bravo. But then you discover that every armor in the game looks pretty much the same as the one you start the game with. Bye bye customization... Unless you click here to buy a cool outfit for 30€!

There's much more I can say about the game. But honestly, this is long enough already and I doubt that anyone will even bother to read it entirely.

This is just my personal experience and opinions. It doesn't have to be the absolute truth for everyone.
    Just to say that I stopped playing months ago, haven't even logged in for the daily rewards, and I feel that I shouldn't have spent my time here.

Fearless V and Armory like this.
  10. Malpercio

lol called me a shitposter and then shitposts.

Good luck buddy i'm sure i have much more time than you in mmorpgs. Actually after looking up your other posts you are confirmed a derp. Your opinions will be disregarded like a fat kid disregards vegetables

I can only laugh at this horrible post you made talking about a gym and girlfriend to try to justify anything with some stranger online. Sad!

Nobody really cares who you roast or what you roast, because you just make a parody of yourself. Try again in the next mmo you'll be playing lol

11. Alexandrious

You actually dont. Otherwise you would not be white knighting here. Any true mmo vet will point out the severe problems this MMO has and why it will eventually die in likely a year if drastic changes dont happen, and the "P2W" drip keeps going. Anyway, as promised, since you need the education yourself. I will post a very long post in a bit, so stay tuned.

Also dont get upset that I can be successful at life, while you continue to grow your neck out and wonder why no woman wants to lay you. I used to be like you too actually, then I got tired of it, dont worry kiddo, you will figure things out in a few more years.

12. Malpercio

people like you have been here in the beginning talking about how its p2w and it will "die in a year"... It's been 2 years already and we are still waiting for it to die. You are what we like to call, "Fake News". Your new name is now CNN!

so congrats CNN! This mmo boils down to the people without money hating on the people with money getting through the game. Sounds like you don't have money and are blaming that frustration on others. The Irony in your post is hilarious, thus is why I can't really take you seriously. You have no idea how wrong you are, ignorance is bliss I guess.

On a key note: Open steam, go to store, scroll down to top sellers. This mmo is still in the top 10 sold games list... hmmm

13. Junyoung

Junyoung Hwall Ranger 61

Your game play will consist largely of PvE so you can progress for PvP. Everything you do in PvE is to reach a point in PvP, to word it a bit differently.

Black Desert's PvE consists mostly of just grinding mobs, if that's something you really like then you'll love this game. But, don't expect traditional dungeons, raids, etc.. At the very late end game for a new player, party content starts to become a thing with the new recent zone they released (Kamasylvia Gyffons). But, you won't reach that point for a quite a long time as a new player. PvE content does exist, but it's mostly a time filler and padder for PvP content.

14. Dalenos

Yeah a good majority of the people in thread are pretty much trolling when say this is a pve game it's not -_- PVP in the end game of this game so don't expect pve elements. You are open to pvp at certain level whether you like or not. If your are not in safe zone anyone can gank you at any moment. Considering the places you will need to grind to level up will have other players expect them to either gank you or fight for the right to level up in those spots.

#54 Dalenos, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    Malpercio likes this.
  15. Alexandrious

Sighs, alright. So to the OP, and anyone else who happens to find this thread or get redirected to it. This is what BDO really is. TLDR version at very bottom.

Its a Cash Grab, your typical, not so special, Korean Cash Grab. All content placed into this game, is fundamentally and absolutely designed, to get you to spend money, one way or the other, and to sucker you in and grab you.

At first you will spend maybe 20 or 30 bucks here or there, then you will wanna get caught up to your friends, or other players, and spend more and more money, eventually you will start regretting your purchases, and either try to restrain yourself, with difficulty due to Limited time sales, and special items that comes out practically every week lately, or you will quit entirely and wake up to what the game really is, thing is, alot will have a hard time quitting, especially when they spend a couple hundred dollars or more and will feel like it will be too much of a waste to do so.

Problem is, what causes this game to grab you, is primarily the life skills, the Combat system and the graphics, their is little to no games out right now equivalent to these major three. Life Skills is almost infinite progression, giving you more and more benefits as you do em. Combat is fast and fluid, tbh TERA does not even compare to it for Combat, the only combat I seen that has a faster pace and more freedom, is from SEGA's Phantasy Star Online 2 which, due to SEGAs usual colossal epic fail, allowed a Chinese publisher to screw them into a contract preventing PSO2s release to anywhere outside Japan and SEA for 5 years. Spite that contract has long been over, SEGA has no plans to release it. I digress.....

The game will be touted as a "PVP Focused Game" by white knights, shitposters like Malpercio, and those who literally do not have a damn clue. Hell even PA/Kakao does not have a friggen clue what they want the game to be. They advertise the game as a "Next Generation Open World RPG". They touted it as a Sandbox, they touted it as a Sandpark, and yes one time they touted it as a PVP Centric Open world game. Now why do they keep changing how they market the game? Because trial and error, they want to attract more players into the game to then spend more money, so they can do what Korean mmo devs love doing most, put part of the funds into a Mobile game and a new MMO, then start drip content on the previous mmo until they decide to just shut it down completely.

Ahh seems the white knight above said something, lets see. Ahh ok. First off kid, I only played BDO for maybe 2 months in the beginning when I realized the direction, quite early, the game was going to go. And turns out all my predictions came true, that P2W would be slowly but surely, introduced and masked in a way that it looks like Pay2Convenience, then ultimately lie about it, which they did, then finally start introducing blatant flat out P2W items into the cash shop, textbook Korean mmo 101 on that, almost if not all Korean mmos will eventually do something to practically force you to buy ****, or you will get left behind or screwed over by the status quo.

Also Steam numbers have always been a joke, you realize that some developers will pay Steam, aka Valve, bribes to put their game up on top sellers for periods of time, to get players to buy their game? Furthermore, the game is only what, 5 dollars on steam? 10? Thats nothing, thats a friggen fast food meal right there. And many will pay that just to try the game out, get suckered in by it for past the 2 hour refund period, eventually find out everything wrong with the game then either keep going *few do* or quit outright and proceed with a angry review. Just how naive are you lad? Sighs our education system I swear......

Anyway, now that I spanked that whiteknight again, lets continue. You want examples of these practices of putting out a overhyped mmo and using it to cash grab for another intended mmo or to go mobile thus not giving a DAMN about the consumers aka the player and just putting in whatever it takes to make more money, look no further than these two examples. TERA, and Tree of Savior.

TERA started out nice, got improvements along the way, little to no P2W to be found. Eventually though, Bluehole figured out the hard way that to fix the major complaint on the game, the performance, is impossible, due to the nature of Unreal 3 Engine and Netcoding for it, along with the Architecture involved, to be able to improve performance would require a complete Engine redesign, even an upgrade to Unreal 4. So what did they do? After enough time, they leaked out, on purpose, that they are planning on upgrading the games engine, to Unreal 4, which would promise performance improvements, be on a full 64 bit architecture, and allow for even prettier graphics.

They still haven't done it 3+ years later. Why did they lie? To keep players playing. To give them some false hope, so they stay playing and spend more money. All the while creating classes specifically used only by the most popular female races, and none of the male races. Reaper and Ninja being the Loli pedobait race only, Valkyrie, which is normally a Divine type of Class, to be used by the Slut-demon Castanic girls only.....and then some Monk class utilized by Human Females and one other. Oh and some gunner class also only usable by specific females. None of these usable by male Races. Why did they do this? Because it saves them a ton on money, and they know from the majority demograph in Korea and the west, most players play these races. Now they are even teasing a new female race, which isnt a new race really, its the Pedobait race, Elins they are called, in a more, Adult Form. Which literally looks like they took the high elves who have super model bodies, replaced their heads with Elins, and called it a friggen day.

They dont care one bit how outraged alot of players are at all these classes being female only, because in the end, the money is going into their mobile games, Korea only, and then of course the new coming AiR game which, to everyones amazement and frustration, is a friggen TAB-TARGETER.

Why, did a company who created the first true action mmorpg, decide to make a tab targeter as their Opus? Because they realized that Real Action combat games like BDO and TERA, utilizes far more server bandwidth and calculations than your standard old fashioned tab targeter does. They learned this the hard way by using one of the worst engines you can possibly use for MMOs *BLESS Online is figuring this out now btw* and couldn't get the netcode to just work with it. The other problem is, all the assets. Do you know why, BDO has, compared to many other mmos, very few variation into the armor, weapons and clothing you can put on? Because the more variety their is, the more assets that needs to be loaded and downloaded whenever a player comes into your field of rendering, the more their is, the more bandwidth used, and the more taxed your client and the server gets, once we do get new server hosts I am sure the connection and server latency will get alot better, but as more variation occurs, it will just get worse again unless server hardware constantly gets upgraded to compensate.

Tree of Savior, touted as the spiritual successor to the beloved Ragnarok Online game, RO, being released before white knights like the above was even old enough to be potty trained. Quickly became a P2Wfest. It had performance issues, due to bad netcode and 32bit client. The developers did not care, they used that bait and switch marketing to make as much money as possible, to create the mobile version of the game, as well as to help develop their real MMO they wanted to do, Wolf Knights, a PVP Centric mmo. The population of the game now, will likely state 3000 at peak, when its more like 1000, the other 2000 being bots or players who are simply afk selling buffs and other goods. And this is shared between 5+ servers....you will have a hard time forming groups for many of the games instances, much less even seeing another active person out in the field, that isnt a bot. Bots go practically unpunished as well. And many Exploits found and used go unpunished as well.

Korean mmos are not the only ones with a bad reputation of following the money instead of putting in the work to gain loyal fans thus get rewarded in the end. Plenty of Western mmo fails too. ElderScrolls Online for example. Even to this day, after an entire what, 2 years now? They still have not fixed the horrible lag that happens in both raids and Cyrodiil PVP. Why? Because instead of employing proper anti-cheat engines, and reverting the god awful lighting system they placed in far back, they decided to try and optimize the game and to try and fix the netcode, which will never god damn work, because alot of the calculations and the major reason for the horrible lag, is done server side. The only players, the ONLY ones, who can keep a good constant 50-60FPS in both Cyrodiil and in raids, are the ones with super gaming rigs. No im not talking about your rig, or most who plays BDOs rig, im talking about a Rig like this or similar.

i7 7700k 5.0 GHZ OC. GTX 1080 TI *any card* 4266MHZ Ram, M.2 SSD, 10G NIC or similar onboard, A mobo designed to streamline everything, and Verizon Fios helps too.

Every person I know of that had these specs, or close, is able to do the ESO raids, known as trials, at a locked 60fps np. While everyone else with even decent machines are lucky to get 25fps constant. 10 in Cyrodiil during massive zergs. ESO being borderline old now, requiring 2017/18 hardware to run properly for endgame content? And why do the devs not seem to really give a **** and continue to make the majority of their content the past year for the casuals? Why nothing done for optimization or make things better for those who want to PVP or do challenging content?

Because they know the casual player is the majority paying player. They know that the more of them they draw in, which they did a excellent job of it with Morrowind expansion, the more that will buy their loot crates which has impossible odds for the best looking stuff. They are in it for the money, and to have the funding necessary for the next big mmo they will do, Fallout Online. They are basically using the Elder Scrolls name, to draw in clueless casual players, and thanks to that name alone, they will keep getting players who basically come in expecting a Online Skyrim, will spend money, and either like it, or find out whats wrong with the game then leave.

Lets take a more European example, Russia, I believe. Skyforge. Very pretty game, very interesting game, its also quite a challenging game since, least when I played it, their is very few ways to be able to heal oneself or others, its primarily keeping Shields up or having a support class keep shields up on you. Thing is, when I went into it, I knew that it was created by Allods team, notorious for their mmo Allods Online which had big P2W in it. They promised no P2W would happen. What did they do? Same thing BDO is doing now, they drip in P2W disguised as something else, thankfully though for the major populace, they did a complete class redesign, and screwed over a Majority of players, gating many class unlocks behind paywalls. When it used to be you can earn your way to them via ingame systems. It caused major outrage and many players have quit. Now to this day I dont see much about Skyforge.

Plenty of other examples out there. But now, lets just cut back to BDO.

In BDO, skill means absolutely nothing once you are at a high enough gear tier. It will be a game of who can one shot who first, who has the better machine thus more FPS, who has the better latency. Their is no trading hits, their is no dodging around looking for openings, its literally one shot and dead. To sum it up, its Gear>Class Matchup>Buffs applied>Your own PC Hardware>Latency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Skill. Its not god damn rocket science to pull off a combo, hell, you can setup macros on a friggen mouse to do it for you long as you know you can keep your FPS and Latency stable. And if you dont wanna do that, then its a simple matter of just practicing your combos until its muscle memory, you are not doing Streetfighter combos here which takes some degree of skill, its literally a few key presses and thats it. The higher your FPS the easier it will be to pull these off and the faster you can do em too. Anyone who plays action games knows this, and action mmos have this problem very often.

PVE in BDO is lackluster, you have your standard quests, with stories behind them, plenty of story and lore around if you know where to look. Its nowhere near a snowballs chance in hell close to FFXI and FFXIV's level of storytelling and lore, but its decent enough. Music is decent, again, not FFXI/FFXIV's level. Graphics however, unless you prefer the Final Fantasy Style, beats out near anything out there at this time. Making the PVE more enjoyable to do. But make no mistake, their is no dungeons, save for one, which is a horde mode with matchlocks....their are some "Dungeons" out there in the desert you could go into, but lackluster. Their are no real raids, World Bosses are just punching bags. But if you like a gigantic seamless world that looks and feels real, specially on high end mode settings, then look no further. I mean hell, even the second continent is like a half hour boat ride away. I havent seen somethin like that since FFXI.

Basically you are free to do what you want be it PVE, Lifeskills, exploring, doing quests to gain CP and energy, make money in multiple ways, whatever. Honestly the game has tremendous potential, but the developers wont make use of it, they are busy making their second mmo that everyone, you, me, the white knight shitposter above, is using the money we pay on the pearl shop, to create their second mmo, which will likely have the BDO engine, just upgraded, will have all the content and corrections they wanted to do for BDO, and then essentially will drip feed content into BDO until enough players either quit entirely, or moved on to the next mmo where they are free to nickle and dime you on everything again. Standard Korean mmorpg tactics.

So, what is there to do at the end? Not much really, you can go for lv 63, cap out skills, build an empire, simply explore, or do what people seem to think is the original purpose of this game, which is not, because originally, the game was supposed to be a primarily PVE focused game with super open world like it has now, but dungeons, raids, a friggen trinity system, basically TERA on steroids, since TERA, and to some extent, Wildstar, *though wildstar was pseudo action like ESO* has proven, that action combat games CAN have difficult bosses and raid bosses with complex mechanics, but not scripted, or overly complex like some of FFXIVs fights, and be totally successful.

Thats right, the PVP was literally an afterthought, tacked on, to meet demands from the korean audience. This is why many vet players will ask the question: Just what does BDO want to be? The Answer? A Cash Grab to fund the true MMO they been creating based on using BDO as feedback on what to do and what not to do, that will be primarily PVE Focused but with PVP elements, likely very similar to how BLESS Online is doing it. So they are using every shady tactic in the damn proverbial book, to get you to spend money on the cash shop, in order to fund the unknown mmo's development cost. Many whiteknights and shitters will try to deny this truth, to feel better about the time, money, and frustrations they put into this game. I really wish it wasnt so but sadly, experience taught me well, and I can foresee what is coming.

Now, before I go into basically telling you what options is left to you in regards to gearing up to be able to even feasibly PVP. I will tell you the other reasons why I quit within two months.

Spite I found the game enjoyable, despite the impending P2W, their is not a single class in BDO that syncs with me. Only one that comes closest is Warrior. I also only play as Male, usually Human or close to it. Since I always view my char as a representation of me. I also only sync best with Hybrid classes, basically, Paladin/Crusader/Knight or some sorta Dark heavy armor class, such as Dark Knight/Dread Knight/Death Knight/Abyss Knight, you get the friggen idea.

Basically yes, thats Valkyrie and the Dark Knight *female elf*. So, why did I come back? Spite the P2W and impeding doom of this game once the new PA mmo is teased and shown? Because, and I honestly should know better cuz they are likely bullshitting, PA/Kakao stated they will be releasing the next classes to be the Male/Female counterparts of the classes we have, so I am hoping for Valkyrie we get a Male Paladin/Crusader/Templar. Hell id even play a Cleric at this point, or a Male Dark Knight, can even be a god damn male Elf I dont care, spite lore stating that male elves are kept for reproductive purposes, kinda like FFXI/XIVs Mithra/Miqotes, heh. But its likely, to no surprise, PA bullshitting, and next class after this dancer sword chick is likely gonna be another chick spite it should be a male class next according to...patterns, and its probably gonna be some gun using woman with one of her outfits being very tight cowgirl pants and minimal covering top. Im sure the white knight above would buy that instantly and spend 500 bucks on her to have something to fap to on lonely nights.

Anyway, here are your choices basically to Progress to get anywhere in PVP.

1. Grind mobs for silver
    2. Worker Empire for Passive Income/Active Processing Income/Crates
    3. Afk Fishing
    4. Horse raising and using pearl shop item to turn what you breed, or what you buy, into high costing horses to sell.
    5. Savage rift 6-15 times a day, if you hate yourself and wanna slowly bleed out your soul until you are a husk, or turn into a whiteknight, see guy above.
    6. A combination of all of these, so you keep sane.

Naturally, grinding mobs for silver is the most active thing you can do, and can net the most money in the long run depending on how much TIME you have per day, alot of the no-lifers and those who will one day and wake up to realize why they hate themselves so much, typically do this 8-16 hours a day, 7 days a week, to make up to 3B a week or more depending on where you do it at, how much competition you got, what your gear is at, and so on.

For Worker Empire, you will be doing alot of lifeskilling, and energy hunting. You will of course need alot of pearl shop items as well, but its the absolute best way to passively with little conflict from other players, make silver. Their are legitimate Life skillers who make 1B+ a week doing this while having a life and not letting themselves get obese and unhealthy, and actually working a full time job. Their are those who make 2B+ a week using this method, but they use non legit means in order to do so, basically, they use a bot, that dumps items, grabs items, processes them, repeats, as well as auto feed their goblin workers that, when you have enough of, with all the needed skills, will bring in more **** than you can ever possibly process, so long as they are fed 24/7.

To do this empire you will need energy alts for hiring pro workers and artisan them. Kamasylvia p2W buff is also very beneficial, you will need to dump energy into City/Town nodes to make promotions easier, and dump energy into gathering nodes to get better yields. You will need to obtain 1.8 second cooking or better to feasibly get CP Turn in items within a reasonable time frame to have at least 350CP to get everything, and some extra, of what you need, buy storage and worker lodges from Cash shop, utilize storage crate trick to up your trading to A2 or higher, depends on your tolerance. Generally its alot of work, but will pay off in the end by giving you a way to make gigantic passive income, or very good passive income if you are just actively playing and not processing or doing much, just sell items in marketplace basically whenever.

AFK Fishing can net you up to 500M+ a week, thats without any other passive income going. Many ways to do this, a good known way which is safe from pking shitters or those who like to use a clipping exploit to carry you while afk out to sea or to a spot to freely pk you, or mob feed you *pirates* to try and break your crystals and lose exp, is to fish in Grana. Connect to Valencia, use Storage trick to get A2 for desert trade buff, get at least 170 inventory space, and then afk fish using a polar bear, balenos rod +10, maple Lure +10, food as well whenever your around to check back. Then 3 times a day, once each 8 hour period, you will have a full inventory of fish and likely some relic shards, sell the imperial fish in glish/Velia, sell the relic shards, use the fish tokens to buy magic fluid collectors to then sell to market, go to valencia and with desert buff trade in. You should average 60M+ a day doing this.

Horse raising is a mixed bag tbh, you can make big money doing it depending on how you go about it, but be prepared to spend quite a bit on pearls to make those high selling horses. What you need to watch out for is shitters looking for those autopathing on horses to PK them for the lulzies. They typically do this because they cant make it in any real PVP games, gives them a sense of joy. So I suggest you do the bulk of your horse raising in towns/cities with not much traffic, and has some easy loops that wont get you stuck. All depends on how good your PC is.

Savage Rift, a instanced Horde mode for lvs 56 and up.....I do not lie when I say you better have a damn good playlist, or a second monitor/tv to watch netflix or something while doing it. Each run is 35-45m long depending on how good the group is and if you are in a premade coordinating on discord. Each run can net you up to 15M worth in Enhancement drops, frags and gold bars. Unless they put in that buff that Korea got recently, you can get up to 17M+ per run if you are a top contributor, but of course that means you cant screw around looking at porn, watching netflix, or jammin to your favorite beats while running it, up to you if worth it or not. Essentially you can make up to 22M an hour with this method. Not as good as method 1, but its easy, its safe, the only toxicity you have to deal with is idiots being idiots in it doing the wrong thing in a easy as **** game mode. You will even gain some combat and skill exp each round. Seen players run this **** all the way to 61, know some that will run it to 62 and keep doing it.

Well once you sorted out how you will make your silver, you then gotta make a big decision. Gamble for your gear thus either wasting tons of time or saving lots. Or save up and simply outright buy your Tet Armor and Tri/Tet jewelry, but it will take considerably more time, but you will eventually get there. If you decide to gamble, you should try it for awhile and see if you are a RNG carried account, yea, such a stupid thing does exist, their is apparently a hidden number placed on each created account, a checks and balances system that determines your base overall success chance at enchanting. As well as loot drop chance. Seen this scum tactic once before in another KMMORPG. Its designed that way so players who are RNG carried, makes alot of Tets to either resell for Pen attempts, or use for Pen, gets the Pen, then sells it, to those who are not RNG Carried. RNG carried and stays happy and keeps spending pearls, Non RNG carried spends pearls in frustration to do what it takes to make the silver to buy the RNG Carried gear, then proceeds to attempting to use cronstones and using Valks cry, which will be on Cash shop soon, to try and Pen their ****.

Choice is yours, but if you decide to buy tet armor and weapons outright, expect to pay for preorders, or sniping, up to 4B each, depending on the piece and what you do. For Tet Jewelry though? up to 18B. I highly recommend whenever they have a sale on Megaphones like they do now, you take advantage of it. If you can buy lots of pearls, use that to entice those holding the gear you want to put it up on sale, that you will give them what they want if you successfully purchase the item, either thru preorder or snipe. Dont ever welch, that player could favor you and procure another item you may want later on.

Their is one other thing you can do, but ya wont like it. The white knight above obviously did this, basically you find a popular streamer whos in a good guild full of vets and carries, you proceed to giving the streamer money, "services", etc, easier if you are a attractive female gamer. Then get into said guild and get carried to your way to 500GS+.

But make no mistake, connections, CAN help, but its mostly done for the wrong reasons, in embarrassing ways. Alot of players in BDO can be socially awkward, complete sociopaths, or outright psychotic. MMOs like these tend to attract players with those mentalities. So be careful who you talk to.

But in the end, the game is a ****-show, you gotta do alot of potentially unfun stuff to even be able to PVP, or much less be able to defend yourself from shitters trying to ruin your fun. Then you got the looming threat of PAs next MMO taking all the development resources, time and attention from BDO, leaving it to go on life support and thus ending all the hard work you put in much sooner than you expected. If you got nothing else to play, sure, go for it. Honestly if DQX was out for us, id be playing that, if ESO had its head taken out of its ass and fixed all of its issues, id be playing that, if Skyforge didnt royally screw up the way it did, id be playing that, if TERA fixed its damn engine, id be playing that, if Scam of Creation wasnt an obvious scam, id be waiting for that, if Pantheon Rise of the Fallen wasnt gonna be just an Everquest reborn tab targeter, id be waiting for that, if Star Citizen wasn't going to be delayed to 2030 cuz now they wanna add friggen VR into it, and its always god damn something else they wanna do to it, id be playing that. If SEGA didnt royally screw up like they always do and released PSO2 to us, id be playing that. And no, the english translation for that only covers 70 percent of all dialogue. If it was 95 sure, wont do 70, I got my damn standards.

I guess in closing, I used to be a neckbeard like the whiteknight shitposter above. Played better, more difficult and diverse mmos than BDO for over 18 years, doing unhealthy crap like working full/parttime jobs, eating fast food all the time, and playing 18-20 hours a day 7 days a week, sleeping only 4 hours a day, and drinking loooooots of cancer filled soda and energy drinks. Wasnt till about 4 years ago, I got tired of all that, so I stopped, went to college again for a bit, hit the gym, got a healthy body back, started to eat right and learned how to cook, get a full 6-8 hours of sleep each night, got a full time job as a Tech, started dating, and now I got a kickass blue eyed blonde girlfriend who is also a gamer, and a Tech like me, able to put a high end PC together faster than most of you can manage to figure out how to hook up a gaming console. I do not regret it.

TLDR version. MMOs are a business, nearly all of them will use scumtactics to make a buck, you want a MMO with Excellent PVE, some decent PVP, and developers who actually talk to their fans and playerbase, actually does alot of whats asked of them and cares about your happiness? Go play FFXIV. Other than DQX, also made by SE, yes its a Dragon Quest mmo, alot dont know about it, and yes, Yoshi-P develops alot of the things DQX has....alot of the things that came to FFXIV was made on DQX first. I will not play anymore tab targeters, over 18 years of em has made me nauseated, cant do it anymore.

I play this cuz their is...nothing...else. Stay away from Korean mmos.

The End.

#55 Alexandrious, Mar 13, 2018
  16. Malpercio

tl;dr didnt read

The time it took you to write this i went out to the gym and lifted and then came home to my gf... oh wait thats you, thats how dumb you sound.

If you dont like the game just leave, all I see is salt flowing from your orifices

17. Alexandrious

I put a TLDR version for those with...not as advanced minds, or short attention span. Try again.

18. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

You never been out of your heidel residence don't say there's only "dumb ai monsters". Majority of kamasylvia actually needs a team and coordination. High gear too.

19. Capitaine Courage

No.
    2 types of mobs only : Mirumoks and Gyfin.
    Everything else is done solo (Manshaums, Fadus, Ronaros, Mushrooms, beasts ...)
    Unless the dumb grind has alienated you so much that you find it's a groundbreaking AI revolution when a mob does a simple ... sidestep.

PvE is just jump in the pack and AOE the **** out of it, loot, repeat ad nauseam. the only "skill" ever needed in PvE is resistance to mind numbling alienating activities. That's where all BDO's skillpart relies.
    You don't even need to have to bother about CCs in PvE. Most of the mobs are imune to it anyways.
    It ends up looking like some very bad ersatz of a Musou gameplay without having the good parts of it

The game is riddled with structural problems.
    The problems faced by the genre itself first.
    MMORPGS are not a genre anymore, but more a collection of what everybody else does in specific gaming experiences (which took from RPGs), all in one game, but worse, while having lost the very specific thing that allowed their rise and made them stand apart at the time : the social aspect no kind of game had (but this time is definitely over). That's also why MMORPGs don't amaze anybody anymore today. What made their specificities has been diluted in other genres (group activity, progression, gear, craft ....), social aspect included. Thus, they became a gaming dead end. The young and dreaming dev teams behind most of the kickstarted projects today (or the ones that thought that they were actually gifted and good when their games worked at the time also because of conjuncture and novelty, not only their gamingdesign prowesses) learn it the hard way as we speak.

Then because it's not designed as a game. It is designed as a place to spend time, and waste it. As an environment putting its users under specific patterns and conditions, to use psychologic levers once the environment (game, features, rules, other players ...) has conditionned them enough to push them to spend.

#59 Capitaine Courage, Mar 13, 2018
  20. RP Tzuyu

well, this is why u flag people who come to ur rotation, i pick up rare mobs really often, and people pick me up too.... its fun to contest rotation