1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q&A weighed towards PvP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shaynae, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Shaynae

Before anyone starts screaming that BDO is a PvP game... yes, yes it is, but it is ALSO a game that has a rich open play with life skills and questing and a ton of other things to do in the game.

It was great to have Pvt Wiggles do the Q&A and I think it's important that PvPers have their say... however I really wish there was equal opportunity for Life Skillers/Questers/Casual Players to get to ask the questions most concerning them.

Would you consider doing a question and answer with a Life Skill streamer?

eitheldin likes this.
  2. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

No.

aswedishtiger likes this.
  3. Tekeii

Wiggles asked the community multiple times for questions to ask Kakao, both on reddit and on the forums. Life skillers were too busy crying about some 350gs person killing their sheep that they probably missed it.

He is also leader of a guild that pvps 3-5 times a week and all of his members are interested in PvP, but please next time be sure to ask when sheep mountain will get a buff.

nethkhadar and irrelevant like this.
  4. Shaynae

If you noticed...I did not fault Wiggles...I in fact said it was great of him. And your idea of what kind of questions a life skiller would ask is a good example of why it would be a good idea to have someone who in fact is actually knowledgeable would find interesting.

ShadowFairy likes this.
  5. Amerrante

Amerrante DarkKnight 61 EU

Life skill is balanced
    Pvp is not
    That why

LeWaffles, Rilok and irrelevant like this.
  6. LastWish2

I watched the stream this morning and I'm glad he asked if they could see about why the value pack market tax was not being applied to Horse market sales. It would be cool if PvtWiggles got in touch with fix8Radio or MickenX so they get to ask specific lifeskill related questions to Kakao. Also really happy he asked about the 5th pet. Maybe it will show up in next weeks maintenance.

UltraRed likes this.
  7. Hemuk

This is a good point, I as a life skiller could ask questions for days about things that affect us all, then again after this fiasco; it would've been a waste of time; he'd probably be obvlivious to how lifeskills work aswell lol.

8. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

How about talking to the community directly rather than a streamer using it to boost their own income? Why must there be a middle man between the population and Kakao, a middleman who is only doing it to boost the views on their channel and YouTube videos? Polls in game, bans for exploiters.

#8 Plunge, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Qasim, Ninnghizhidda, Morwath and 3 others like this.
  9. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

This.

Streamer bias is a joke.

How about GMs start a thread, give every member of the community 24hrs to post one question each, then you GMs spend the next week answering each one and showing the answers.

Code, Qasim and Bucl_TheW like this.
  10. Shaynae

You are right, talking to the community is a good idea, but there are a lot of places they can do that. There is a segment of the community that watches streams, a segment that posts here, some read only Reddit, etc. I don't think it's a bad idea to cover multiple places. I suggested a Life Stream player just to also represent life streamers within the Twitch community.

I know I'm biased, but I believe that the Life Skills community is just a large as the PvP community and so I'd like to see our voices taken into account as well.

11. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

i dont really understand why they keep talking to streamers, it's so pathetic..

talking to someone only cus hes popular and most of the streamers don't even know the game that good / aren't really aware of all the issues so why the hell should they get the spotlight and not someone that's nolifing + experienced and knowledgeable about the game and has tons of forum posts while at it too

life skilling is dumb and requires no skill and at the same time it's balanced and doesnt have as many issues as pvp so who cares about it?

pvp players are also #1 in lifeskilling in this game anyway cus lifeskilling is that easy

12. Tekeii

Or are lifeskillers the best pvp players? Im terrible at everything :(

Alrikmerc likes this.
  13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Aren't life skills mostly accomplished by being afk 90% of the time? How is that playing the game? Why should there be more content created around being afk? How about we get content where we actually do something in this game?

Kyouki, 6footgeeks and irrelevant like this.
  14. Judaism

Judaism Theology Warrior 61 EU

There hardly were any PvP related questions, far too few to statisfy any PvP'er in the slightest.

Not everything is about equality either, some people put much more effort into the game than others and the game evolves around some parts more than others. The PvP part of this game is in desperate need of attention.

#14 Judaism, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  15. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

Don't think that would be a good idea for two reasons. Firstly you'll get quite a few people who will spam "xxxx when" in varying degrees of passable English that the GM will have to sift before they get to more serious questions. The second reason is that these question will only be posed by the forum community and not the actual game's community. Kakao have no way of knowing whether what the forum wants is what the majority of the game want.

I'm loathe to use other games as examples, by Square Enix who are known for paying more attention to their Japanese fans rather than their European/American ones recently introduced a survey into the FFXV base game to see what their fans abroad wanted.

Why can't Kakao do this instead of showing favouritism to their streamers? Who cares whether he chose question from the community, that means HE was the once deciding what the community wanted to ask and not the actual community as a whole. All Kakao have to do is place a simple survey in the game, one that you answer and possibly get 10 blackstone for to entice people into answering. Ask simple questions like "Do you enjoy PvP currently?" or "Do you want improvements made to the lifeskill EXP gain?" Simple questions that can be answered with a Yes or No and will show them what their actual community wants.

Kakao have this morbid fascination with jerking off Streamers, be it ones who are breaking the rules or ones who are presenting a "Q&A" session to get more viewers. If they want to talk to the community they can find them in game, not watching a random streamer or putting a poll on Twitter.

I'm a pretty big lifeskillers and I don't want a streamer representing me because I know for a fact that all these streamers are trying to do is earn money. I enjoy watching Fix and Mickin's streams, but I've noticed that just like Morrolan they may special attention to people who have donated or are subscribed and will answer their questions rather than those proposed by others.

Shaynae likes this.
  16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

@Plunge If they were smart enough they could place the poll directly on the launcher so everyone has equal opportunity to vote. At the very least they could post a link to the poll, they're able to place their twitter feed on it, I'm sure they could come up with something.

Shaynae likes this.
  17. Shaynae

I think this post has some really good ideas... Having an in game survey really would help to represent all segments of the community.

Bucl_TheW likes this.
  18. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Wow, you know what, that would be the most incredible way to go about "voting". Establish NPC's in each city/town with the poll question, give the NPC multiple answer and a quest to get our attention in game to direct us to the "polling" NPC.

Kyouki likes this.
  19. t0ny

Just quit the forums and stick with the gym. You have to be better at lifting things than posting!

20. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Well yeah they'd have to apply a little discrimination when compiling a list of questions they will dedicate serious time to.

Mods can delete anything frivolous or too reddit-y.