1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q2 earnings conference call Pearl Abyss August 8, 2019

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Vanadiel, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Vanadiel

I thought this was an interesting read.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/edited-transcript-263750-kq-earnings-185514786.html

It explains what is going to happen with/to shadow arena, new projects K and V and CD.
    It also touches on Eve Terra Wars, 10,000 players at once server technology.

They also said the employ 1,074 employees in total, with 635 of them developers.
    That part made me wonder why they are so slow in fixing bugs. They obviously have an army of developers at their disposal.

It also discusses some revenue issues with Black desert Online in Korea, and world wide.
    There's a lot more to read, and it's a pretty long read, but I would suggest to read it all.

All this information is official, as it's an earnings call transcript and all presentation and questions/answers were provided by the top heads at Pearl Abyss, including their CEO and Director.

Lillekolibri likes this.
  2. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

635 means 530 are working for the mobile version, and 5 are working for the pc version, the rest 100 are either rookies or they are working on other projects

MoZex and Ashenvall like this.
  3. Hellsoul44

Really happy that the money people put in from their original IP on it's original platform is funding 4 new games and a bunch of ports :D . Meanwhile, we still can't fix fps being tied to dps or imporve server desync. Keep buying pearls though the sooner PA spreads their gambling cancer the closer they will come under the spotlight. Shout out to awesome publisher as well :) milk as hard as you can before your licence expires and PA takes over <3.

4. Factorial

How tf did you read my mind, good sir or madam?

Hellsoul44 likes this.
  5. Hellsoul44

It's clear as day what's happening here and by this point I honestly think that people who still defend everything kakao/PA does are either payed employees or are so wrapped up in Sunken cost and delusions that they think this is fine and people are just hating. Anyway, I had to vent before iTs pAY fOr CoNvieNCE / DoN'T LiKe itT dOn'T PLaY IT crowd comes in. Also, yes I know no one cares about the forums but whatever. Peace

6. warriors

Actually, regarding releasing more details about our new games, Project V, K and CD, we plan to actually give you more information and detail all within this yearyear.
    -------------------
    Nice.
    And
    Project V : shooter
    Project K : casual
    Project CD (cd project :)) : rpg

7. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

I was really hoping someone there would ask about ray tracing in future builds of their various games as this would directly affect purchase plans for many.

8. Vanadiel

If they do ray tracing it will look even more shiny than remastered.
    You would need sunglasses to play it.