1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QOL changes should NOT be obtainalbe ONLY if you are lucky

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Macken, May 20, 2020.

1. SSIJ

Yes, this is one of many many epic fails in this game. All this treasures should be lucky or/and progressive.
    Lucky = drop.
    Progressive = kill x monsters (same as for example asula items).
    Buying/grind for 3 days (muuuuahahahhaaaa) compass it's not worth money or time. Playing without compass is bothersome.
    Map - 100% time wasting. 6 hr. cooldown? Epic fail. 30 minutes - 1 hour its ok, but 6 hours? For what? ONE stupid teleport?
    We need fast travel system as basic! Simple change/lock trading and give as fast travel system. We have 2020 not 2005. BDO contains extreme prehistoric "solutions".
    Second problem. Why this treasures parts drop only from specific mobs? No sense. They should drop from all mobs in zone.

#81 SSIJ, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    ODB3698 likes this.
  2. Cat Box

if this is how you address anyone with an opposing view how can you expect to have any sort of constructive discussion let alone be takin seriously? Its no wonder devs dont come here for feedback its jsut an endless pity party from the same 6 ppl. youve been on these forums for YEARS now spouting the same thing, so whos really brainwashed here? No body is denying BDO has **** wrong with it and isnt rittled with RNG but this specific aspect regarding these potions isnt worth crying over like this lmao

3. Havoc

Personally I could not disagree more with the OP. I love the new Infinite Potions and am having a great time hunting for them. So many things in this game are based on gambling, to the extent that if you fail you go backwards hard. Enhancing gear, getting PEN, enhancing accessories, Dream Horses -all are built so that if you don't get lucky you lose so much. The Infinite Potions, by contrast, are rewards that if you put in the time you will eventually get. There's still some luck involved, it may come quickly or it may take a while, but it's a goal that you can work towards without game-quitting losses and will eventually obtain with enough effort.

BDOMONSTER likes this.
  4. woots

Already provided more developped explanation about the stupidity of such full RNG without any framing.
    Yet, surprisingly ( or not ) you only stop at that answer

how funny (/s)

who is brainwashed, well the guys thinking such rng setting is a correct design, as unless you never went "outside" to play something else than sh#tty kr grindfest game with no gamedesign.
    with 2active neurones its not hard to notice that NO games do that, and if no other games do that, maybe its because its sh#tty ? ( its possible to provide a more developped explanation because there is a lot gamedesign reasons for that, but as its fairy logical, sh#t pretty correctly resume that already )

Hell, just go look at Wolcen and his gear drop / loot, full rng on loot + stat patern, no control, no one like that ( its far to be the only issue that game is plagued with which is just a demonstration of how devs unable to make proper gamedesign turn their game into )

BDO is for the "gamedesign" is the best exemple of : what to not do. PA illness, they have idea, and nice ones, but fail pretty much everything during the "making" ( with that sentence, lets say i even ignore all their on purpose "inconvenience" to lead players toward the cash shop )

And since you bring nothing relevant on the table other than trying to play the poisining wheel with your "crying"
    I suppose you can apply your advise to yourself.

#84 woots, May 23, 2020
    Jinoro, Life2v and Fearless V like this.
  5. BDOMONSTER

All you keep doing is giving your opinion you hate it leave, other people do not they will stay. Same group of mentally deranged people who are somehow emotionally damaged by BDO a voluntary game you play to pass time. Take control of your life sheesh. Stop cherry picking, Path of exile has the same "shitty system" yet one of the most successful arpgs, you kill millions of monsters and almost never get a useful drop with a huge pile of RNG rerolling of items that further is pure luck. Plenty of people love this format of game design. You are not one of them so move on.

At some point you need to accept that you are just wrong, its not bad its just not for you. Same with all of these other nut jobs who keep smashing their faces into BDO a game they apparently hate.

Also while you are at it you might want to learn what gambling actually is. there is no gambling in BDO its just a simulator and while you might disagree with what it simulates many people do agree. The terrible RNG is simulating a long hard journey where some adventurers might get lucky other might have a great struggle. Over and over the same crap is spewed its always just 100% fabrication of your mind OMG WHALES WIN p2w! Yet the player with the most value in the game (recently passed 1 trillion silver in value I think) has literally never spent a penny on the game. Its just a fact and most of the people with the top value in the game are not cashshop whales. The game is a grindfest for certain if you want it to be a grindfest, and if that isnt your cup of tea go elsewhere get everything in 3 weeks and cry about having nothing to do and being bored, or being happy and being content. MMORPG games are meant to be played for years not weeks or months.

BTW BDO is not my favorite game, it has aspects I really enjoy others that bore me to tears so I play other games and mix in my BDO time as I get the urge. I might never get the infinite pots oh well? I don't need them they are nothing more than convenience and some long term goal for people who enjoy that style of challenge (yes it is a challenge to endure the RNG in a short period of time). Its always the same gripe I cant get what I want NOW so i will cry endlessly so please get some self respect and grow up. I support making your case for improving the game, but I don;t support endless whining and pointless attacks on the same cry baby issues year after year.

Crimson_Scarlet and Cat Box like this.
  6. BDOMONSTER

Ya people like you are the real problem you and these others, simple minded self serving poop. Why are the parts on specific monsters? To drive people to those areas, to give those areas purpose, also so you have some direction to attain your objective. Having them drop anywhere is stupid its been stupid in every game that does that, because you end up grinding longer getting multi copies of the same part you don't even want and it introduces even more of the RNG you are crying about. This places more control in the players hands what are you seeking on your adventure today? Ahh okay you should go here to attain that.

Fast travel is garbage, its a short cut for those who have zero desire to actually play the game I mean actually play the game not just burn through there little treasure hunt fetish to reach the finish line fast as possible and move on. Fast travel essentially deletes huge swathes of the game world and cheapens the overall experience of the simulation you are an adventurer living in a world, not some power gamer trying to churn through the content fast as possible before you get more sprint to the next game.

Sorry but luck essentially = progression this isnt a flipping job stop trying to make fun pass times into a dam job. Again same group of garbage gamers who are ruining games as they demand games be turned into jobs. First thing you do is scour the web for every "fastest mechanic", step 2 spam the internet for what class is the most powerful, step 3 whine endlessly on the game forums demanding the game mechanics be watered down into some menial task you can measure over time to gauge efficiency.

The only difference from your idea of luck and progression is the immediate gratification rouse. You want it asap on your terms as you sprint to the end. Its a you problem not a system problem. Its a you demand xyz item because you deserve it because you exist. You want progression find a hobby set goals, you want entertainment play a game embrace the game mechanics or dont and move on, the luck is there to simulate variability the suspension of daily grind of real life not to replace it. nothing more mundane or boring than to find a field of monsters that everyone gives you 133.2345 silver and a counter to watch you grind up until you get 73.1234 billion and can now buy item x. I want random luck, will that pile have a true treasure and make me happy ? Will it have epic trash and let me down for that moment??

This is what we are trying to live in a game its what makes games fun, many of you lost your way. Imagine monopoly, we always get the number we pick for the dice, everyone gets boardwalk and park place cause you know we all deserve it because we want it and we all win at the same time, gee so not fun, no we want that intensity if I roll 5 7 or 9 I land on hotels and lose!!! I need a 2, 4 or 10 as you juggle those dice hoping you roll at the magic moment that gets you the number you need here it comes OH NO I LANDED on boardwalk and i am out!!! sigh but man it was fun to pretend!

Your game world you cry pout because you got unlucky landed on boardwalk with hotels and cant pay up so your out, you then cry how unfair it is that you rolled 8 but jimmy goto roll a 9 and landed on go to collect 200 and keep playing. You then sit around griping for the rest of the game about how stupid luck is and how much more you deserve to not be unlucky compared to jimmy and you want progression we all move 1 square at a time and get 20 dollars every square, then we all buy the same copy of property because you know we all want it so we all deserve it. No one likes your game for long its why very few games have that design.

7. woots

tl;dr
    full rng is sh#t its not an opinion as its mainly a system made to trigger gambling addiction. Such thing have nothing to do in a game unless clear WARNING about that.

Its nothing of a opinion of having zero game ( except when the game fail on many things like Wolcen, which mean gamedesigner are bad at their job ) that do only provide 100% rng for nothing and everything.
    That's a straight fact. Pull your head out of kr grindfest made to milk your money, a bit.

And if such things isnt used, is for a very good reasons : because players have to be in charge, have to have defined goal and not just a "maybe, somewhere in the futur, it might be possible, but you cant be sure, you will..... "

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshBycer/20180312/315398/The_Impact_of_RNG_on_Game_Design.php
    "When the player loses control of the situation without having the option to correct it, that’s when RNG can be seen as going too far."

Isnt exactly not only the HP / MP / map / compass, but nearly the entier BDO "experience" ?

if only grindfest to milk money use so heavyly uncontroled rng for their game, what do it tell you ? all others gamedesigner from the entier videogame industry are bad for not using that ?
    Or do it tell you that it only provide the sh#ttiest "experience" you could ever have ( even if for whatever reasons somes pepega still succees to find somes "mean" to that ) and their prefer to actualy entertain their playerbase ?

On a game interest there is nothing that give reasons to such gambling, except if you fall for that addiction, which is addmited to be a disorder
    "For some people gambling becomes an addiction — the effects they get from gambling are similar to effects someone with alcoholism gets from alcohol"

So, if you want to defend a game capitalizing on potential addiction, you really must review your thought process about why you are playing videogame.

But as i previewsly said, unless BDO officialy warn players that this game is based on gambling for nearly everything, its highly uncorrect to use such "system"

#87 woots, May 23, 2020
    Reyer, Jinoro and Life2v like this.
  8. Korvgubben

"The Infinite Potions, by contrast, are rewards that if you put in the time you will eventually get." this is unfortunately not true. You can grind a few hours everyday for 3 months and not be any closer to the potion piece than the day you started.

Many ppl in this thread have however suggested an alternative path for those that dont mind putting in insane grind hours to eventually have a guaranteed result. I mean we have the 100 boss auras exchange for the full weapons, why not a similar option for the potion pieces?

SSIJ, MamoruKin, Jinoro and 2 others like this.
  9. woots

tl;dr as much a hack&slash gear is heavyly related to rng, this rng still is far more framed & controled compare to BDO, on top of giving more decision making into player hand.
    => i'am not wrong.
    Which is not also saying, PoE heavy rng is for gear, in BDO ? its for freaking everything.

except that's a very failed exemple, as thoses games ARE made to make you grind to gear up ( and also are managed in a very different way to give a better reward feeling with how loot / gear are managed compare to BDO where its all blank ), also, you have gear trading, right ? Even if i dont play PoE I'am ready to bet its even more accessible than having to pay 659billion for your last piece of gear.

Not also saying the game still give far more decision into players hand with how you build your character, as its heavy passive management. Unlike BDO where its full rng and you dont manage anything.

Also, unless you have PoE loot forumla you are the only one implying its a full uncontroled RNG, and personaly i dont believe it at all, as much as the RNG can be important for gear stats, they are certainly still a very important part of it controled with multiple of conditions.
    Unlike BDO where you have grind spot, loot table, sh#tty % and done.

Yet, you still have topic about players disliking that kind of "heavy" RNG despite liking the game itself. ( google search it if you need )

MamoruKin and Jinoro like this.
  10. Khondo

I am not trying to change anyone's opinion of BDO.

BDO=RNG, it's the games mechanic.

What am trying to do is make people aware that their are a lot of people who like BDO just the way it is. If you don't like it, move on, don't try and change it to "like game X" and ruin it for the majority of people who love it just the way it is. If you are not happy with a game, why do you play it?

BTW, 1 out of 6 pieces (Ron's) after 6 hours grinding. I am not pushing hard for these pieces, just doing an hour here or there when I have Agris Fever. I feel sorry for those people pumping 100's of hours (Huntler from Twitch) into getting 1 piece but that is the game. I admire his persistence and that is the achievement of the game of BDO.

11. Havoc

Going to have to disagree there. "You can grind Aakman every day and not be any closer to a Tungrad earring drop after 3 months." That's not even slightly logical or true. If something can drop, then it will inevitably drop after enough rolls. You also took 1 line and ignored the rest of my argument, which points out that is costs you nothing but time to hunt for and obtain these items, as opposed to going backwards billions of silver failing an enhancement or buying $200 in Horse Skill change things. This is a good reward, which requires a lot of effort, but no risk. That's a very rare thing in BDO and it's a good thing.

Cat Box likes this.
  12. Macken

That eventually is is the main issue. I know that you like to grind because you are excited for that moment that the item will drop, but if in 6 months you will still grinding for it knowing that if you’re unlucky you will never drop one, I’m sure you will be
    wrong, that’s not a reward but the fix of a broken system, because creating an entire game around 2 sec pots spamming and making them the most impacting item in terms of weight, is just a broken system. And you agree with them to apply a fix this way, grinding super rare drops impossible to get for a normal player with a normal life. Cheers ... Other companies fix the issues in other ways usually...

They fixed the silver weight removing it completely when they saw that was too impacting. Were you upset because they FIXED that issue with a patch instead of sending people grinding super rare drops for months?

If PA would first fix the normal pots removing the huge weight impact they give and the only advantage of the infinite pots would be cost saving, then I’d agree with you.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. LightningFFXIII-4

How about gating the potion drops behind a special great Marni stone box that requires you to kill double the amount of mobs compared to a regular great Marni stone. Of course you should be able to buy this from Marni.

That way you have 2 paths to getting the drops. Thru RNG, and thru grinding like you don't have a life.

14. Korvgubben

What do you mean with not logical or true? It CAN happen which would make it illogical to believe it cant happen just because the chance for it occuring is low. Thats why I suggested a similar option to the boss auras because the more you increase the number of needed items the more you can increase the droprate on it and thus lowering the potential variation in time-span to obtain it.

Unless the game has an accumulating rate building up that increases the chance for the potion piece item dropping then it litteraly doesnt make a difference on your chance to obtain the item if its your 1st day grinding for it or if its your 90th. All previous days grinding for the piece are irrelevant at the start of the next days grinding session.

I also didnt "ignore" the rest of what you wrote I simply didnt disagree with it. Some ppl could argue that grinding a sub-par spot is a loss of potential silver at a better spot that they could grind instead but I'm not much for that kind of optimized playing so I wont.

Jinoro and MamoruKin like this.
  15. Rubio

I think it is right to remove the rng in such an important item
    That they put a marni stone that when you deliver it you get the object I think it's time to reward those who play this game consistently without rng.
    I state that I have been grinding from the Scherekans for several hours without getting anything and I don't even have a piece of a potion I could grinding for years without getting anything.

MamoruKin, Jinoro and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Graugus

Man, don't worry the way this item or the difficulty of obtaining it will change. Just take a chill pill, go troll some Twitch streamers and other game forums to pass the time. Again if it's something I have learned about this game it's like a leaf blowing in the wind.

17. Cat Box

its funny when ppl cry about this kindof rng reward and say its outdated when there are literally thousands of ppl playing games like OSRS and BDO that are built around this entire idea, its also really hard to complain about rng when theres PEN armors and weps just sitting on the market, at this point its like ppl are just choosing to be miserable. We get it, you dont like the game, but plenty of ppl do. Trying to invalidate it as an achievement by saying its mindless grinding rng and then saying youd prefer a streamlined version where u kill x amount of mobs is so blatantly ironic. There is no reward system you could implement that couldnt be argued against as brainless/skillless its all subjective no matter how hard you want to spin it.

if some one gets the drop in 2 kills congrats to them for being lucky

if someone spends 200 hours and finally gets it, i admire their persistence and dedication and most people with any sort of decency would respect them aswell instead of trying to shame them for "wasting" their time doing something they enjoy.

rare occurrences are apart of life, and the "rare" aspect is what makes it exciting for people, and you cant invalidate that, sorry

Khondo likes this.
  18. woots

its funny when ppl have nothing to say to defend something they are addicted to and need to play the poisoning wheel like if it would help them be more relevant / invalidate others arguments.

what's thousands of players vs the entier video game industry, that doesnt THIS heavyly use RNG ?
    And you speak about games that want to retain player with cheap "design" so also push them to the expense.

QED.

Hek not even all kr mmo are that dumb with RNG, BnS rng is far less of a chore.

#98 woots, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Jinoro likes this.
  19. Cat Box

You provide no argument, just pure emotional bias because your personal needs arent met, so you try to put others down for not feeling the same way as you. Notice how all the toxicity is coming from your side of the field here.

Crimson_Scarlet and Khondo like this.
  20. woots

the funniest thing is that i will answer you :
    the one providing nothing is you actualy xD

But since most of your answer, you are too cheap trying to make that personal, change a bit, that doesnt work

Life2v likes this.