1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quest xp is no joke

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Deyric, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Xeniph

60-61
    Kama and Dreigan side quests...not the main quest line.

It's varries from 1% to 3% per quest. Hell the AOB quest like was 15% ish at that level.

2. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

It's 59-61 and it's 1% normally and 1.3% with chenga for every side quest.

3. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

This is a very good change, as giving more alternatives to people who either don't like to grind a lot or to people who like to quest.

4. Claydough

Its rediculous, you can level from 58-61 in a day ez

It falls of VERY hard after 61 though, so its not that bad

And theres only a limited supply of quests you can do also, so you can just be a full time quester and overtake breeya in afew months

5. Veyana Eldunari

Is it worth it to pop combat exp buffs when lvling through questing? Like does the quest reward scale off of your buffs?

6. Boink

I got my lvl 58 Shai to lvl 60 with this just main questing Kamasylvia -> Dreighan.

Fateneko, XLucaX and Smileybones like this.
  7. Tallong

Tallong Tallong Sorceress 61 EU

1% exp on level 60 in Kamasilvia and Drieghan is joke, bug or unfair behavior to old players. Kakao, can you explain this? I want all new exp for my chars!

Maginha likes this.
  8. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

....or...you can do the quests too ?
    The exp is good even at 61

Stillwaters likes this.
  9. Veyana Eldunari

Testing this out on my Shai right now and it's insane lol. For people trying to figure it out (like myself tonight) don't do repeatable quests, the exp is pretty low. But if you do any other form of quest that offers combat exp it's 1.3% (with the Chenga tome). I've gotten 30% in no time at all at 59 just running around talking to npcs pretty much lol

10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I
    think he might mean that previous characters that have already done these quests missed out on all that xp

11. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Don't think it applies to all, but some quests you can accept on one character, and do them on another one....it may only be town quests though :thinkspin: ....been awhile

Interesting though when you think about it....typically you might advise new players to do their quests instead of just grinding out and leveling up too quick.....

Now it seems the shoe is on the other foot and those that just leveled without ever doing their quest lines now have an advantage ....

#31 Andaro, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I have quested with nearly all my alts because I enjoy that more than grinding. It does seem that older alts have been a bit short changed but I do not know how the devs could make any of this xp retrospective so we just need to suck it up.

Metalharpey likes this.
  13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Exp buffs do not affect the combat exp rewards. Only the Chenga Adventurer's Tome does.

Why is it a joke? You can grind at approximately the same speed, so this is just an alternative to doing that.

The kama and drieghan quests only reward .005% with a chenga tome at level 61. There are approximately 100 combat exp quests in each region, not counting the ones you can repeat so if you saved all the quests to do at 61, you're talking .5% total for each region. I don't consider that good. Which is why, since there are a limited amount of these quests and an even more limited amount of repeatable combat exp quests, they should have made them scale better at higher levels rather than completely drop off like this.

#33 flukeSG2, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
  14. Tallong

Tallong Tallong Sorceress 61 EU

When I grinding I made 1% in 1 hour when my friend made 1% in 1 quest - this is NOT same speed

I done all Kama and Drieghan quests 1 week after expansions released.

Metalharpey and Allan1985 like this.
  15. Munchaking

I quickly popped all the quests in Valencia to get lvl 58

flukeSG2 likes this.
  16. Khondo

As a serious questor in game, I am actually thinking about deleting a couple of alts to get them to level 61 easily. After completing 22.5k quests in game already a lot of my toons have already done the quests but are only level 57-58. I really wish they backdated the XP but I understand why they didn't.

Here is my plan for levelling new toons;

Kill grind to level 53 in 2 hours.
    Go to Dreighan and do Chenga Tome.
    Continue kill grind to 55 (Optional, could start questing at 53, but I think the extra 2 grind levels will be better)
    Go back and start doing all quests.
    Quest through Balenos Serendia Calpheon Mediah (Ocean Content as well) to level 60+ (quest XP drops off at level 59, but still easy to do.
    At Level 60+ do Valencia.
    Once Valencia is done move to Kamasylvia, then Drieghan, then Stars End (quest xp back to 1.3% for these areas)
    This should take me well into level 61 and with kills along the way for quests close to 62.

This of course will take some time to do but I prefer questing to kill grind.

upload_2019-7-15_1-51-32.png

Metalharpey, Stillwaters and Deyric like this.
  17. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

yep, most of my quests are done. Missed all of it. its qwhyiwas asking which quest you guys were talking about.

18. yukishiro1

You don't get 1.3% from Dreighan/Kama/Star's End at 61; it goes down to like .3% per quest even with Chenga, so you won't get anywhere near 62. And Valencia quests are in the same category as Bal/Ser/Calph/Media, i.e. not doing doing at 59+.

There are enough Kama/Drieghan and Star's End to get you to 61, though.

Basically right now the fastest way to level is to grind to 55ish, then do quests to 61.

Metalharpey and flukeSG2 like this.
  19. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

So basically the only way to 62 is grinding. It makes sense since soft cap is 61. 61-62 doesntget any love yet.

20. yukishiro1

It makes enough sense I suppose. Especially since if you quest to 61 you'll end up with way too few skill points - not even enough to max your awakening damage skills. So you'll be grinding a long time just to get the minimum skillpoints you need to be marginally effective.

#40 yukishiro1, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019