1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quest xp is no joke

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Deyric, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Auxey

6 hours per day is a weird definition of casual.

Misuzie, Leverage, Taeshien and 6 others like this.
  2. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

On a weekend.

Stillwaters and flukeSG2 like this.
  3. Khondo

Yep I understand everything you said. The further along the BS quest chain you get the more XP you get for mob kills. So basically doing all the lower areas first is better. Once you get to Valencia (at 60+) you have to do larger kill quests, so you can afford to grind a little more on mobs as you go for the bonus XP, eg using up a 200% grind buff, etc. So the time you get Valencia out of the way you should be well into level 60. So even though the XP for quests drops off at level 61 for Kama, etc, it is still bonus xp for doing the quests that require you to grind lots of mobs, which are giving you the XP as well.

You still have to grind mobs in BDO and always will do to increase combat level, but with the added quest XP and maximising your use of those quests means you can do it with minimal grinding....not spending 4 hours a day killing the same mobs just to go from 60-61.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Digi_Assassin

Digi_Assassin DarkKnight 62 NA

This is really awesome news because I've only really played one character for nearly a year now and she's 62 so it doesn't bother me for that character.

I'm now playing through as Shai, originally because there was the incentive to do so, but I kind of liked the character so I decided I would go through the whole story line again because it's been revamped so it will be awesome for her to be 61 by the end of it.

5. yukishiro1

It works really well for Shai since she needs zero skill points compared to all the other classes.

Stillwaters and Evengelius like this.
  6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

It took me that long because I got up and walked away from my computer several times throughout the process. Not something you could do while grinding. So yes, pretty casual and it could have been done faster.

7. Noixi

I can testify to the HIDDEOUS xp gains. I at level 62 went and killed 500 mobs at Star's End. And I got .1% With +530% XP scroll, and a Bell, and Weekend. That's less than .001% per mob. Seriously, ridiculously low.

But I quest just afterwards, and got .2% in 15 minutes.

Stillwaters likes this.
  8. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

Maybe dont try to level at stars end...?

LinaCrysta and flukeSG2 like this.
  9. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I think you are grinding in the wrong spots then. Also you failed to mention how long each quest takes for your friend to complete.

To go from 0% to 100% it takes 4-6 hours, which is more than enough time to grind to 61.

Sorry to hear that, it's bound to happen when people rush through the content. At least you can always do them on other characters.

At level 62 you only get .005% exp per combat quest, you're trying to tell me you did 40 quests in 15 minutes?

#49 flukeSG2, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 and Myntiix like this.
  10. Noixi

No I did not do 40. Was more like 25.
    Most was, get quest, hop on horse, ZOOM to some other place, talk to some one, hop on horse (if I even got off), ZOOM to some other place, rinse, repeat for about 15 minutes. Most were from the town north of the base.

QFT.

#50 Noixi, Jul 15, 2019
  11. Myntiix

Myntiix Archer

What

12. Khondo

60-61 in 4 hours? You must have some very well geared friends levelling you at trees? No way you can solo 60-61 in 4 hours grinding? But I am sure I might be able to get close questing now in that time with a new toon.

Stillwaters likes this.
  13. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You would have only gained 0.125% if you only did 25 quests. The quest combat exp rewards are set, they don't' change. At level 61 and 62 they are the same.

14. Deyric

Mix of main and side. I didn't do a comparison on which is better, but might have to next. I did the main into the Black Star region, and once I got to the outpost did all the quick side quests there and then back at the farm.

I don't know if it is just a percentage of xp granted either. Or if they gave quest lines in certain regions more than others? Would be interesting if you could go back to older regions and bang out quests in those areas as well or not.

I didn't have any buffs up at the time. That would be another thing to check on.

#54 Deyric, Jul 15, 2019
  15. Veyana Eldunari

It doesn't scale off of buffs. But it's still insanely fast. went from 59-60 on my shai in no time last night just running around doing kama quests.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  16. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Uh 530 scroll at trees while 61 you can get 4% an hour lmao. 15% at gahaz or higher is totally doable and a very real number. 59 to 60 at trees is maybe 1 hour with exp buffs.

#56 Lemon Crush, Jul 15, 2019
  17. Marjanah

Very grateful for the change, Ive managed to get 61 just by questing in one day yesterday. (I started with 4%) I did mostly black star quests. Kinda sad about doing the Kama and Drieghan quests before this update and not receiving exp for that though. I am not very fond of grinding, so I am happy I could get 61.

Evengelius and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. Suldanesselar

At that point I would just do afk dummy skill points training.

Evengelius likes this.
  19. Evengelius

This is absolutely sweet.

I didn't do any quests on my Archer, stuck at 59.
    I'll do the same to my Shai once she'll hit 59.

This is just a very very good addition from PA.

20. SalamanderKing

But what quest lines are best to get the most Combat exp out of them? there are so many... don't even know where to start