1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quest xp is no joke

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Deyric, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Hajiarux

they gone to nerf it. thanks to some twitch streamer leveling his 18 characters to 61 doing quests just to prove to PA its OP. go figure.

#61 Hajiarux, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    TucoRamires likes this.
  2. t4mpel

You get 0 Skill Points. What to do with Level 60 and 400 Skill Points ?

I love it when open secrets have been revealed and people like you cry. Everyone with a little brain had figured that out.

#62 t4mpel, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2019
  3. Hammus

Hammus Maehwa 61 NA

Start by disabling quests and reenable combat and lifeskill quests only. You want to only do quests that give yellow combat exp.

Best time to start doing quests is at level 56(I leveled shai through grinding 14-56) and save Calpheon City for last for hitting 59, go there after hitting 58, I went at 58.32. Once you hit 59 it's no longer worth doing quests for exp in the Calpheon area. At 59 go to Star's End and go to each node in the Northern part of the area and do their combat exp quests. After you can't find anymore there, go hit Kamasylvia, and than Drieghan. Most of the quests in Kamasylvia are in the western and eastern side of the map in Archer Guard Post, Old Wisdom Tree, Lemoria Guard Post, Kamasylvia Vicinity and Viv Foretta Hamlet nodes, but there is a few scattered around, mostly around nodes, also in the main city. At first I didn't notice but I did part of the quest line of Finding the Legendary Herb, which is a non-combat quest line in suggested tab. I had to backtrack to Kamasylvia too, because I missed a few after I did Drieghan and was stuck at around 95%. I missed a quest in Archer Guard Post that was in a tent and a wagon quest in Kamaslyvia Vicinity. Drieghan quests start as soon as you hit the first node and I haven't had a problem with skipping main quests yet on my way to 61 on Shai.

I've been actually trying to avoid all main quests questing to 61 and do the combat exp side quests, which seem to be you helping a npc with chores they can't be bothered to do. Even in the High End places like Star's End, Kamasylvia, and Drieghan, you don't need that much dp and ap.

Here's a quote from the reddit link

"At level 57 and below, with a Chenga tome equipped, every single applicable quest (which are basically every generic world quest that aren't lifeskille or trade related barring some random ones or black spirit quests) will yield 1.3% EXP.

At level 58, all of the beginner regions - Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, Mediah, Valencia - will now yield only 0.8/1.04% exp at level 58, towards 59. At 59, it becomes 0.1/0.13. At 60, these become 0.044%, and at 61, 0.021%.

However, in the higher tier regions of Kamasylvia, Drieghan, and Star's End - all combat exp providing quests (again, there are hundreds) will continue to provide 1.3% exp (1% without tome) at level 59 and level 60, until you hit 61."

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...if_you_are_60_and_do_the_driegahn_sidequests/

Also, do the quest chain for chenga tome called The Adventure's Tome regarding the legend of Chenga to get the extra 30% exp which is really needed probably to hit 61. Make sure you have energy saved up for doing that quest line.

I was able to hit 61 with my Shai, but I had to backtrack to Kamaslyvia, because I missed a few quests, one was hidden in a tent at Archer Guard Post that I edited into above and I missed Kamasylvia Vicinity node. It was slow I think mostly do to the donkey, hoping using my T8 will help with other characters.

#63 Hammus, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  4. Aelisah

PLsss I hope they don't nerf it v.v It finally makes me do some quests

GnatGoSplat and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  5. Taeshien

If you are starting with a new character the most enjoyable and well structured way (not fastest) is to just do every quest in each area (including the more simple lifeskill quests), not including repeatable quests (or maybe super simple ones) and move through quests at the same rate as killing. Just kill what the quests ask for, no additional grinding, visit all the side towns, forts and farms.

I did this on my Shai and was L58 by the time I finished Mediah with around 40 hours played. I never felt rushed, I just walked at a relaxed pace through the game and did everything I saw. Valencia and the opening parts of Kama put me to 60, I started to hit AP limits with my alt gear in Kama but finishing up Kama and then Dreighan would put me at 61.

The rate you progress is spot on. I'd say PA worked it out perfectly but it was probably just luck. It does FEEL like the smoothest level vs content progression so far. You'll also end up with a tonne of CP and the new quests have also added A LOT of extra rewards like Valks and extra goodies.

Additionally this will also give you huge inroads on the Rulupee book. It was about 1400ish quests from login to end of Mediah. I stopped counting after that but a few hundred more for Valencia and then again for Kama. If you clean out everything from start to end of Dreighan/Stars End it should be about 2,500 quests per character. This number might vary depending on some extras you've unlocked via Amity etc but its a decent ballpark.

6. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

This is how I had been playing my Shai, except for skipping some of the life skill quests for now. I love the new questing EXP because it makes questing relevant. I only grind now when required of a quest. Quest grinding seldom lasts more than 15-20 minutes tops which isn't long enough for it to feel mindless and boring. I feel more of a sense of progression this way. Now that I've gotten my Shai up to lv58, I've gone back to leveling up my older alts the same way. I enjoy active-playing the game now.

Although a side-effect to all this questing is now I'm remembering how much I hate the meaningless RNG kill counters in this game. Don't tell me I only need to kill 5 of something and make it end up being closer to 500. Just tell me to kill 500 in the first place!

Mana_Mafia, Smileybones and Aelisah like this.
  7. Nimalla

I pretty much did all of lvl 60 by ONLY doing Kama main quests and no extra grinding. By the time I finished, I was 1% into lvl 61. Only thing I didnt finish were the main quests by Gyfin and Murumoks.

Took me about a day to get to 61 doing the quests. A lot of the quests were giving me 1% of lvl 60 per quest.

EDIT: I feel I should mention that I did have Chenga - Sherekhan Tome of Wisdom equipped, which gives 30% quest xp bonus.

#67 Nimalla, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Smileybones likes this.
  8. Khondo

You then do Stars End/Kama/Dreighan to get to level 61.2%. Then you start grinding the rest of the way to 62 and earn some skill points. Or you could afk the Dummy and keep up.

9. Khondo

I did 60-61 in 2 hours yesterday. You get 60% just from non combat at stars end quests.

#69 Khondo, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  10. Allan1985

you wont reach 62, not even close.

11. Khondo

I deleted my Ranger (was only 57 and had done all the quests, did not like the idea of grinding her to 61) and have started questing. I will let you know how far I get from questing over the next 2 weeks. 0.02 per any combat quest past level 61 is small, yes, but so is .00000000001 per kill grinding. I would much prefer to quest.

12. Allan1985

the thing is, at 59 you have to chose, you either use the kama/star's end/drieghan quest to go from 59 to 60.something or from 60 to 61, i got like a 5-7% exp with all og them with a char that had already reached 61 beforehand, i wasnt rly paying a lot of attention and that char had few quest from drieghan already done so yeah let us know.

13. Foo

Foo

Yeah literally, also some of the quests are ONE TIME ONLY so when you do them on the first character for the XP you miss out on the xp for alts too.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  14. Khondo

I have done 1060 family quests out of 22.6k quests, and a lot of those are event quests that would not give combat XP. For someone who has done a lot of quests in this game there are more quests out there than you realise.

Also 59-60 at 0.1 per quest is still doable, just might take 2-3 days of play (great for over the weekend with added kill xp bonus). I did it with my Shai no problem. Just do Valencia where there are a lot of kill XP quests and the SP fly's by.

15. frumps

Do scrolls increase the amount you gain from quests and other things?

16. Icywave

Nah, they're trying to push players to assist getting to 61-62 (even though quest xp drops heavily at 61) so they can increase the cap across the board to make room for Ash Forest and above content.

17. Khondo

No, the only thing that affects the xp from quests is the upgraded version Chenga, for the Adventurer Tome which gives 30%. It is a Level 53 Suggested quest and really should be done the moment you hit level 53.