1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about T8 coursers and wanted skills

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Silverspark, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Silverspark

As far as I know the number of skills for a T8 courser you wanne change into a T9 dream horse is irrelevant, because a T9 will be a totally new horse, which learns its skills anew again.

So how many skills should a T8 courser have, when you plan to use that T8 courser for a long time without awakening (but at a time in the far future you will awaken it) and which skills should it have ?

My thoughts were around 15+ skills, no Caution and at least Sprint, Instant Accel, S Instant Accel, Drift, Charge, Sideways, S Sideways, Quick Ride and - if not a pure white - Twoseater.

Any other skills besides the above listed I should go for ?

#1 Silverspark, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  2. mega_milk

Wow, no response for over a week. I have yet to even get a courser, but as far as I'm aware, "courser" is a strict requirement that requires specific skills:

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/courser-system-and-dream-horse-guide.209/
    [​IMG]

More or less, you're required to have most of the rare skills, and I don't think the rest matter. The Sideways skills are probably the least common of the bunch. More likely than not, you'll have to get lucky on your horse's skills to make skill change coupons viable, or just buy one from the marketplace.

#2 mega_milk, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  3. Silverspark

I made my own decision. The needed skills for courser status already contain the most important skills for a horse in general (sprint, instant acc, : instant acc, Drift) because those are responsible for the general travel speed. What I was especially interested in was, what other skills players rate as "important" (quickride, quick back etc.?).

To be on the safe side I now own 2 coursers with 15 skills and twoseater for my 2 most played characters. More will come. During the horse training event and Doom release the horse market was "cleaned" of coursers though.

#3 Silverspark, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Amarenda likes this.
  4. THIRDDAY

My very first T8, I got every T8 courser ability except for S:sideways. I've got my "failstack" at 34 already, and felt like I was a chump at 24....but the cost of a t8 courser is super crazy (if you can even get one). My horse has 16 skills. There are only 4 of them I DONT have. I even sent in a ticket asking if that was realistic. They said " Getting a dream horse should be hard (DUH), and that RNG controls pass/fail on those skills. I replied that I understand that, but you don't give us ANY idea what the so called "better chances" amount to for fails/failstacks (like we know the exact odds on armor/weapons/accessories). I got no response. So.....with a 34 failstack on S: Sideways, what does that 34 failstack mean? A 1.34% extra chance? 34%? 5.34? Does anyone have a large enough data pool to give decently accurate odds on the fails? I HATE that they leave it completely vague, and always throw in the " We stand by and live by the Korean "fair play" ideals in this game. That's just bull. One man's core values are different than anothers. Give me numbers, not declarations of fair play. I expect it to be hard....VERY hard....to get a dream horse...but getting to courser at T8 is just the beginning of a long and expensive journey. If anyone in power from the game is reading this, PLEASE respond (with more than just fluff....I'm asking for hard data, so I KNOW what chances I have, as I THROW MY MONEY at trying to get my dream horse...Excuse me...My T8 Courser). I'm not angry at the game, per se....I'm angry with the lack of reliable data, to help me determine the realism of gaining S:Sideways (and how much I can expect to have to spend to get it).
    A frustrated customer.
    2019-07-31 (2).png

5. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

In the process of getting the rarer Courser skills you're almost certainly going to get most of the non-rare ones. The courser skills are all critical. Beyond that...

I'm doing this off the top of my head, so I may forget something or the names might be off, but so it goes.

Quick Ride, Quick Back, Quick Stop, High Jump, Streak Jump are high percentage skills that enhance the overall feel and usefulness of your horse, and you want them.

Roar, Start Accel are kinda niceish to have but whatever skills that add functionality to your stationary spacebar rear-up animation. Not a lot of practical value, but kind of fun.

Fore Chop, S Fore Chop, Hind Kick, S Hind Kick are attack skills that probably only have any real value in Node Wars because they can damage installations and cannons. Fore Chop used to be a liability because it could screw up your Instant Accel rhythm, but they fixed that. I sort of wish my main horse had it now. Hind Kick is more awkward to use so I wouldn't call it good at all.

Caution is a pain in the ass, and should be deleted or rerolled on any horse that gets it.

Two Seater is a nice ability that lets you help out party members and guild mates with a ride. It's not available on pure white or pure black horses though.

6. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 61 NA
    Ambassador

Oh man. Sorry to see you at 34! I have some tinfoil methods for skill swapping that works for me. DM me and I can try to help
    @THIRDDAY

7. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 61 NA
    Ambassador

Caution can be delt with. Just jump before it kicks in. Forechop is the pain since it has same key as IA. Horse stumbles and that gets set off.. But who am I to say. My main t8 has FC and SFC. And the "fix" rarely works

8. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Most of my Caution problems involve trying to pick my way down a steep cliff while taking noticeable but controlled horse damage (this is why I want Arduanatt really bad). If you jump in those situations you can go flying off into the wild blue yonder.

Amarenda likes this.