1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Question Issues With Lag?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by LilithDragonFlower, Dec 23, 2017.

1. LilithDragonFlower

So basically I am running a system with the following setup

Core i7 6700k
    32GB DDR4-3600 MHZ Memory
    ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080ti 11GB CARD

Basically, I run the game on max graphics even during node wars.

But there seems to be an issue when I am riding my t8 Courser using the F Ability to boost every few seconds my mount will get stuck like if it's running into a wall I have to back up and start moving again to be able to pass what is up with this?

Could this have something to do with needing to run the game on an SSD would this fix the issue because I am running an SSD for primary Boot Drive and Several other 1TB or 2TB Drives a mix of them the game is on a WD Black 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive running at 7200 RPM only thing being accessed from the game at the time?

Is there an in-game setting known to cause this issue, or would moving to an SSD fix the issue because it seems like its not loading mesh fast enough in game, or rather its all loaded from what I can see but its like something invisible is just blocking me from running on my horse really fast at times.

2. Nosimo

Move the game and find out, it only takes a few minutes.

If you don't want to wait for the whole thing to download again:
    copy the paz file out of your current bdo installation to somewhere else
    uninstall game
    install game to new location, stop the launcher when it starts downloading paz files, copy the paz folder from old install to the new bdo folder, restart launcher so it can file check

or you may be able to get away with just moving the bdo folder to the SSD and changing shortcuts, above method is probably "safer" though

3. LilithDragonFlower

True but I don't want to waste writes on my SSD.

4. Nosimo

SSDs last a helluva lot longer than it was originally thought they would, writes really aren't an issue, unless you plan on keeping the same SSD for the next 20 years go ahead and use it :P There are plenty of articles about this if you want to do some research of your own.

5. DAOWAce

You discovered your own problem, well done.

The game can barely even keep up loading objects on an SSD. Can't even imagine how bad it is on an HDD.

6. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Could you try moving it to the SSD using the moving Paz files as directed by Nosimo above, as it will save you time re-downloading files you already have! :)

7. LilithDragonFlower

Haven't looked at the forums for awhile, but sure, soon I will be buying another SSD I for specific games I can test this soon I hope, going to be getting a 3D Nand Version.

8. LilithDragonFlower

Bought a new SSD dedicated to BDO put it in, same issue happens especially during Node Wars invisible walls bugs and it happens to more people than myself at times your running into an invisible wall so to speak.

I did get +20 FPS from upgrading to SSD though.

9. SylenThunder

SylenThunder DinToran NA

Well, yeah. Plus a lot of people didn't really understand the numbers they were talking about. In reality, the earlier SSD's under heavy use would last an average PC gamer about 10 years before they would start to see issues with the drive due to max writes. Current SSS's have extended that greatly. Especially with 3D-NAND technology.