1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about the Marketplace, bidding and pearl shop items. Please help!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Athnei, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Athnei

Hey BDO community. I am a noob and proud.
    I've been binge playing this game for a couple of weeks now. I have a couple of veteran players helping me out, but even they can't answer some of the questions I have regarding the market. Can you?

So I have spent a little bit of money on the pearl shop, but I would like to try and spend silver on pearl items in the marketplace. That sounds near impossible to me. I can imagine how many people will be trying to get the same items I am getting.

So I'm basically here just sitting at the market with my silver, waiting for items to pop up. I've failed every bid I've placed, no surprise I'm sure. I have read over some forums and youtube videos and from what I gather, it is RNG based on who gets the item. I have also heard from my veteran friends that they know people use exploits/bots to "auto-buy" things from the market. Is this true?

I ramble a lot. To get to the point, my questions are:
    Are there bots in the game that auto buy items?
    And if yes, is there any point to bidding at all - do the bots go through RNG as well, or do I have no chance?
    Are there any tips you can give me regarding the marketplace bidding system with pearl shop items?

Thanks for reading, be nice to this noob plea.

2. SpeedMetal

SpeedMetal HaiIOdin Warrior EU

No confirmed bots so far.
    Just spam the bid/buy button as soon as your wished item appears.

3. 6footgeeks

no one can really prove or disprove the possiblility of bots in the AH, a lot of theorycrafting is what we have, choose what side you will either way the chances of sniping high demand items from the AH are slim, Realise 10s of thousands of players are bidding for the same item, so your chances of winning bids are exactly that slim

4. Concubine

No, it's random on the "bid".
    If you preorder a non pearl item it goes to the highest bidder.
    It is rng if an item goes to preorder or bid(aside from pearl items, again, they cannot be preordered)

5. Gravemind

Yes, there are bots.
    There's a point if you really want the stuff at the cost of tearing your hair out.
    Tips? Setup a notification if you're away from the market director and within 10~ seconds' distance. Stalk and refresh the pearl items if you're not.

Note: Not all of what I term "bots" are complex 'AI'. It is so disgustingly easy to just setup a script that left clicks where the 'Bid' box would be for an item, and mash 'Enter' once a second, in a repeating pattern.

6. Athnei

Thanks everyone. ^^
    I will continue to try bid on the items and scream at the computer in hopes that RNG may be kind to me.
    Happy grinding and such ~

7. NeroKae

Leave an alt in your main city , put that item on notication list and pray to rngesus. It just way too many peep that cant afford pearl item themself despite hating p2w. It could be more pearl item if they raise the limitation.

8. cruise

cruise Lahn

1. yes, there are.
    2. yes, there is. the bots go thru the RNG just like all of us
    3. get better rng