1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quests

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DaveH, Jan 12, 2020.

1. DaveH

So we have a quest log but of course it doesn't include every quest ... sadly.
    Can we get the log to be split up into active/main/combat/lifeskill/event and optional?
    Currently it's kind of a mess and just add every possible quest there is.
    2nd ... can we get an option to do repeatables ones, get one large payout and then never see them again?
    So for example: when doing a repeatable (any) you get either the choice to do it normally (and keep the repeatable) or get a single hmmm 30 times (one month) payout and then it is GONE forever.

Update: To balance it out more: It is a graduation quest that becomes available after doing said quest X times (X to be determined). After choosing the graduation you get a lump sum of X (currently my suggestion is 30) times the quest after which the daily/repeatable disappears and cannot be done again by any of the characters in the family.

#1 DaveH, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Schwertfee, Phoenixxx75 and Joungf like this.
  2. Lord_Xenon

I see the latter thing as problematic as some things are gated by dailies and that way they would likely be instafinished.

An ingameindex of all quests in a region in the O would be very helpful. I can't comprehend how I can get only 56,37% in an area done when I meet nearly every NPC. O.o

Schwertfee likes this.
  3. DaveH

With repeatables I also mean the dailies. So daily contribution, or those Kill 600 monster X everything that can be repeated. 1 lump sum payout, and then gone forever if you so choose. And the amount is Max 30 times the quest. That would mean that people that do that quest regularly would have a long term benefit and the people that don't like repeatables can finally get rid of them for a decent reward.

Schwertfee likes this.
  4. Lord_Xenon

Again that can be abused to get an inflated amount from those for nothing. Though there are 2 done it for once ingame that follow your idea(dailies in calpheon that Valk can give once a huge reward and the dailies in mediah).
    30x the amount for doing the quest once(or even not) is a to big reward as 'option' out of them. With the amount of dailies you can do it's quite big what you could potential get for little to no work just from removing them.

5. DaveH

30 is not that much for a permanent removal. The amount of dailies you can do is way more for hardcore questers. But the 30 is just a guideline based on doing a quest once per day for 30 months and then lose it forever (remember people that keep the quest can keep doing it for the next zillion years aka as long as the game keeps going easily getting way more). Not to mention there are already people not doing these quests because the rewards aren't worth bothering with especially not on a daily basis. So Yes they will get a one time decent amount. After that though getting contribution or Caphras will only be gotten from new quests. Not to mention the rewards you get for doing a huge amount of quests become significantly harder as well. Also: I do say that removing the quest should be family-wide. Aka you can only take the pay out once for one character and then it disappears for all characters.

#5 DaveH, Jan 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  6. Lord_Xenon

You fail to realize for who that is: Those that never or just do it a few times. Why should they get a tons of rewards for nothing? That the quester still get daily his rewards has nothing to do with the fact that you reward useless behavior.

7. DaveH

And the reason they don't do it is because for them it is too time consuming or the rewards are just too low. Considering the fact that I suggested it to be removed on the whole family, I am getting a little tired with your nothing but negativity. Do be so kind as to add a useful piece of input besides "no I don't want it because other might get something"

8. AlnilamE

There are "graduation quests" you can do for some of the Calpheon and Mediah dailies. I don't know if there are any others. You need to have done the daily x number of times before that option shows up I think. Here is one of them: https://bdocodex.com/us/quest/626/1/

Daily quests are marked with the two arrow circle on the quest icon, so you can easily ignore them if that's what you want to do.

Others have pointed out that if you "graduate" from quests that give you unique items, you can't go back later.

But for the ones that don't give you those materials, sure. After you've done the daily 100 times you get to do a "graduation" quest that makes it disappear for your family. Why not.

Phoenixxx75 and DaveH like this.
  9. Lord_Xenon

When you think this is negativity then you have no clue. The nonsense of your suggestion is provide a huge bonus for the least amount of work for nothing. When it would be just to get rid of the quests to pop up, a simple once completed reward would be more than enough. I don't have to follow shitty advice of get paid huge for doing nothing.

10. DaveH

Yet previous posters seem to like it and even added a good idea to it, such as add a : you must do the quest a minimum of X times before you get the graduation quest. So yes your replies do not add anything. And people are not going to permanently remove dailies if there is not at least some benefit to it. And if you don't like it, you could have stated it in one post and then moved on and go be negative and unhelpful somewhere else. So do be so kind as to refrain from replying unless you wish to add anything useful to the current suggestion

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Lord_Xenon

When people only do it for the reward, it just show how abusable this suggestion is.
    It's my right to comment how I will about the idea and its impact on the game. You are just ignorant at this point as you don't allow comments why your idea is bad and make the game worse.

12. DaveH

You made your opinion clear the first time. Anything else is just you being not very useful. Your opinion is noted that you don't like it. We got it the first 4 times tyvm. If I didn't allow any comments I would have asked you to stop talking the first time. We got it the first four times like I said. So do be so kind as to stop repeating yourself over and over without contributing anything, useful. I will stop replying to you from here on out also. Any further replies from you I will consider trolling.

And no you might want to check what abusable means. As it does not apply here at all.
    Also most of this game is people doing things for the reward. That is the POINT of the game -_-.
    People buying things from the cashshop and get boosts for no effort, for example? It's because of the reward. I mean really ... If you don't want people doing things for rewards you might want to consider to stop gaming

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. Lord_Xenon

My first post don't contain all information or the abuseable factor of this idea. Therefore extra comments are necessary to point out the flaws of the idea and the negative impact for the game.
    When someone don't want to do dailies, whatever reason that is, then he simply don't need to do it.
    When someone ask to get rid, then removing them via such a system is okay. I understand such a point.
    Extra condition like doing it x times defeat the purpose of simply removing it. And getting tons of rewards for the least amount of work is no use and only benefit lazy/cash out ones which kinda defeat the purpose of the daily.
    Additional the problem arise for future content(dailies etc.). Either they don't allow/create such removal or they need to factor them in for potential time gated content style. This make the whole system bloated for hardly any use except abuse of rewards such a removal give for low work.

I support removal of a quest with only a reward equal to the daily itself, more is not needed and anything more would just defeat the use of a removal and lead to abuse of such a feature.

14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

From this statement I will guess you want them to remove the graduation quests from the game.

DaveH likes this.
  15. DaveH

I bet he also wants login rewards or BSA, most events or the cashshop to be removed :P I mean all of that stuff for hardly any work!!! lol Ohh I almost forgot all that afk fishing or other afk lifeskilling!! Bet he wants that removed as well I mean no effort but easy rewards :P

Not to mention he really should check the "incredible rewards!! (yeah no) for most dailies or repeatables .... and that most people don't do them because it is simply not worth bothering with

#15 DaveH, Jan 18, 2020 at 8:50 AM
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020 at 8:58 AM
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. Lord_Xenon

In the text is clearly written how graduation quests could be helpful.

#16 Lord_Xenon, Jan 19, 2020 at 6:23 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2020 at 7:56 PM
  17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

So it is possible that these other quests could also have a graduation quest for them. The repeatable quests could all have a graduation quest that require a large amount of mobs killed or items collected etc, to be done.

DaveH likes this.
  18. DaveH

He seriously just doesn't get it ..... and just wants to throw around terms like abuse (he still hasn't explained how it could be abused) to make himself look smart. At this point I think he just wants to troll ... I gave up trying to argue with him.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  19. Lord_Xenon

When they give the same reward as the daily yes.

20. DaveH

And that is not how graduation quests work -_- they give larger rewards to graduate and to permanently lose the benefit of being able to do them daily ... seriously just stop for crying out loud. We get it. You don't like it. You're just being pointless -_-. You're adding literally nothing.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.