1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racist server chats and toxic player environments

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by SynCyanide, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

so we end up like all the other companys banning people for nothing. leftwing tards abusing it to ban people. BDO isn't even banning exploiters and people violating the toss. so you pay them for your interests then

2. Zefiros

#42 Zefiros, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  3. Vorkrunne

Bittersweet agreement with you.
    Other MMORPG forums would allow the OP's discussion and simply ban those breaking their ToS.
    Unfortunately, banning for BDO is very slow. The best we can hope for is the closing of the thread, even if it does serve as an evidence trail to moderators about who is breaking the game's rules.

ODB3698 likes this.
  4. Joungf

This gives hope.

I turned the chat option (all channels except privat message) off many many years ago.

Vorkrunne likes this.
  5. Cheekyman

This is a 60iq snowflake thread. You can turn off all forms of chat and block anybody you want. The solution is already in the game.

Like another person stated, you are lucky this is not online gaming from years ago.

6. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

ignoring racist comments is not a solution to racist comments. screenshot, report en let them go offline for 24hours.
    i get racist comments for being kurdish from turks a lot.. just for my name. just for ASKING a question when grinding how long they are still staying.
    Get these people out of the game. ez pz.

i dont have serverchat open. i dont have worldchat open. its from normal general chat or whispers.

ODB3698, SynCyanide, Galatia and 4 others like this.
  7. Diepel

This is such a stupid take. Like, no **** sherlock things were ****ed up in the past. That's why we want to improve in general.

"Man it sucks to not have a job" - "Heh! You are lucky you did not live in the ancient roman times in which you would have been enslaved, snowflake!"

8. reconkangas

There are discusting people out there, they do it mainly to get a rise out of others and its sad. But hey if you find em you can merc em at the node with prob about 90% of the rest of the players in the game. The hooded man always works :)

9. reconkangas

Stay neutral, I am a constitutional conservative neither a republican or democrat. I pretty much call it as i see it no matter who's feelings I hurt.

Its nice that people are starting to see through the trash I am hoping this time is it.

10. Sandpit_

Can you confirm/expand on this? Does this imply that if people send screen snips then they will be ignored? Is this generally known? My first instinct is to snip rather than send huge high def files for no reason. I assume you investigate chat logs anyway so you shouldn't be concerned about doctored images (which can be done full screen anyway)

ODB3698 likes this.
  11. reconkangas

Sorry no...
    These statistics are very easy to get a hold of and they don't come from right wing news stations.. wake up liberal clown time to start doing research.

Don't get your information from CNN,MSNBC,FOX try to think outside the box becouse all of these are available for free and its not skewed numbers from liberals or conservatives its just numbers.

12. Diepel

But it looks like you do not have the expertise to accurately interpret the numbers.

https://www.apa.org/monitor/2016/12/cover-policing

ODB3698 likes this.
  13. Cheekyman

I just said that there is already a solution. What do you think that means? that it has been improved. The reply you made is even dumber.

14. Cheekyman

How terrible, video game life must be so rough for you. If only there was a way to avoid seeing such meanie words :(

warriors likes this.
  15. Diepel

Yeah, turning a blind eye on racism is a solution. Big brain take.

And I did not even critisize that in the first place. I only criticized the "You are lucky blablabla"-take, which is inherently stupid.

ODB3698 and SynCyanide like this.
  16. reconkangas

As the person who quotes a article from 2016. Shooting deaths by police are just that deaths they can not be changed or fixed.
    Try again.

17. Diepel

You are so intelligent. Wow. You totally dismantled everything written in that article.

ODB3698 likes this.
  18. Cheekyman

This whole thread is stupid, soft skinned sjw nonsense.

19. warriors

upload_2020-6-9_14-55-56.png
    Solution, ignoring useless members :)

Cheekyman likes this.
  20. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Honestly, I think this is not taken care of because players are not reporting it. Not because they don't care, but because they simply don't read it.
    I can't even remember the last time I've read something from the general or world chat, because I don't have it activated in any tab.

It doesn't change the fact that Kakao should enforce its own rules about it, but if nobody is complaining, they won't spend time and manpower for this.

SynCyanide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.