1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Random 180 view turn?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by WebKnight, May 19, 2017.

1. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

Good to note, That lowers possibilitys to:
    1. something you did after settings wise e.g. DPI change, conflict software e.g. Realtek audio drive + nvidia HD driver Which yes still messes with usb ports,.
    2. Conflict with old hardware (hardware/kernal/driver)
    3. The mouse lift off not set correctly which literally causes this issue.

What hardware e.g. Motherboard, Cpu, Gpu, Mouse & keyboard brand & product?

2. Xoko

Im using the Alienware 13 R3
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060 (driver 382.05 clean install without Experience Software and 3D driver - I even had the Full Installation befor the clean install of windows 10, same problem)

The mouse im using is the logitech G Pro, tbh i didnt change anything except the DPI of this mouse.

3. DAOWAce

I don't know what's wrong with people's install, but I don't have this issue on Windows 10.

I didn't do a clean install either; straight upgrade from 7, so this counters that person who said "it was 'cause you didn't clean install".

Win10 x64 latest build(s).
    Windows mouse settings: 6/11, enhance precision off, everything else default afaik.
    Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    USB port is a 2.0 port on the rear I/O.

Setpoint is installed, but I don't run it or any service from it.

Lots of the people here seem to be using a Razer mouse, and Razer's software.. which cause the issue.

Anyone tried using a different mouse or USB port? Notably a USB 2.0 port in case there's some 3.0/3.1 driver issues.

4. prymortal

prymortal Sorceress 61 NA

Laptop?
    Thats usually an issue, i dont touch laptops because...Well stuff like this that doesnt happen on a Desktop for starters.. Without human error e.t.c. But can tell you yeah your issue is most likely 1 of 2 things, Isuspect someones going to say it doesnt do it for all apps or other games..... which in some cases might be true, but not all, because some programmes read DPI/resolutions different e.t.c
    e.g. Nvidia control panel Vs Handbreak video encoder for programmes & not sure about games but run into a few.
    im going to leave it at this, not paid to explain. i'm paid to fix as a hobby & fixings easy when you see it in front of you..... which this is not, Anyway.

logitech mice are prone to lift off issues, Which what i've seen in the videos about this issue is what the liftoff issue causes. with & without software. You need to set & calibrate it correctly.
    Razer mice are also prone to this But only with the software Or after installing software even if you uninstalled it.
    TL:DR calibrate lift off, try a different surface.

Other issue is a common conflict with the "touch" mouse at the front of the laptop, as i said i avoid laptops for these reasons, but i assume you'd just disable it via Device manager.
    But take note:
    This then would leave the Laptop Bloatware Mouse/Touch/pointer Software that comes with it & installs with it as your last obvious possible conflicting issue relating to this that could cause it.
    ^ Doubt these are Your Issue, But there common ones that do this.

TL:DR
    Device Manager > Human interface Devices - if you uninstall (device) everything in here & then reset your PC then try it.
    Failing that read it all.
    Good idea to try.
    But this issue only really occurs if they USB requires "extra power", in which case it'd usually have 2 USB plugs on the item......... Or if driver didnt install correctly, because mouse wasnt plugged in correctly e.t.c Ref: Device manger > HID above will fix this as well - Unless its the USB hub/Bus driver that didnt when you installed windows/upgraded windows...... More Fun, easy to fix, but this is in the realm of i'd recommend paying someone to reload these than do it yourself.

#124 prymortal, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  5. Xoko

The thing is I did 2 Clean installs with the same setup which means I use the same driver etc. The only difference was the Windows Version. One was the 1607 (Anniversary) and the other 1703 (Creators Update) and this random 180 Bug happens only on the Creators Update version... dont ask me why im just trying to find the issue here :(

6. Xoko

Well I only install the lastest Touchpad driver for my laptop and afterwards I always disable it. And as I said above I did 2 clean install with the same setup and the only difference was the Windows version...

7. Gitar

@prymortal what about other games? why is bdo special about 180 turns?

8. Pixeloite

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the issue very obviously has nothing to do with mouses. Just about everyone running windows 10 creative update has this issue and they only experience it inside of Black Desert Online. No matter what drivers you change, what surface you try, what mice you buy, you will always have this issue because it is software-related. Something in the windows creative update seems to clash against Logitech / Razer software and cause them to send invalid input to Black Desert Online, which seems to interpret it as the camera 180 command.

WebKnight likes this.
  9. WebKnight

"Hate to break it to you" but if you read the thread its already been done. Creators update is causing problems with more games that just BDO across the globe. So instead of a 'laugh' you just get a eye roll for your 2 cents ;)

10. Zeeble

Just an FYI. I have a Roccat Tyon mouse and have the same issues.

WebKnight likes this.
  11. SenpaiVerified

I am having the same issue, its so frustrating to deal with, this is what I am experiencing (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/166532552) These are my specs:

Processor: AMD-FX8350
    GPU: GTX 970 Twin Frozr 4G
    RAM: 8GB

WebKnight likes this.
  12. RasAlgethi

^It's exactly that. Extremely frustrating.

WebKnight likes this.
  13. RedBulliChain

BUMP! fix this crap

WebKnight likes this.
  14. RoadChef

I've been getting this almost nonstop for the past few days

WebKnight likes this.
  15. SoggyCow

Just check in.... still refuse to log in until its fixed. We should get like x500 exp event + x500 GM blessing this is horrible

16. kenshin210

Anyone tried turning mouse smoothin off i remmber archeage had issues with mouse smoothing an a few other games an it was recommended to turn it off in the mouse settings in windows 10?

17. Zeeble

It's gotten worse for me. I tried turning off v-sync as one post recommended but it didn't help at all. I've also tried updating my drivers (Nvidia GT970M here) and still, the issue remains. This has been a problem with the game for several months now. Has anyone in support been looking into it? I can't even really grind anything substantial as I can't control where I'm headed. And as this game is basically about grinding it's pretty much gimped the game. I've been considering switching to another game to stream.

18. RasAlgethi

I dont know how to fix it but I know restarting my computer makes it occur much much less (playable state). After a few hours though, it goes back to normal and ill flip constantly.

19. SenpaiVerified

It has been 3 months.. and still no solution to this problem?? Wtf guys get your **** together

20. sergy

I've noticed that this actually happens when your CPU/RAM are under heavier load.