1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Random fps drops?

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by WisedudeBlack, Dec 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WisedudeBlack

By random fps drops I mean:

1.Fps drops in certain spots where you always get them in that specific spot every time you pass by it.I noticed these spots can change if you change channel or waiting long enough in the same channel but the spot usually moves somewhere else close. (I take it this is server/channel related and out of my control.

2.Fps drop related to using skills (flashy skills) this one sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't.

3.Fps drop when a group of mobs die.This also is a hit and miss.It happens frequently enough but not all the time.

4.Fps drop by walking in closer to a group of ppl or loading an area.Usually happens frequently while on a horse or getting close to an area with lots of buildings (ie:Heidel a perfect example.Happens all the time there near the storage guy)Pretty sure this one was fixed at some point and re-appeared back on a later patch.

5.Fps by simply walking/running around.I believe this is related to No.4 as it's probably simply an area or ppl/npc's loading in the area.These stutters are infrequent and don't happen much.

I tried driver 385.69 and driver 390.70 (my current,probably best driver for bdo) Both have the same problem.

My nvidia control settings are on maximum performance v-sync on (I have g-sync) and pre-rendered frames to 1

Fullscreen or windowed fullscreen make no difference.

I also have gamebar/ansel/geforce experience disabled. and cache on both files deleted and game repaired.

Blackdesert64.exe has fullscreen optimisation disabled and the launcher has "run on admin"

I can still play the game as the fps drops/hithes are not that frequent enough to ruin it for me but I would like a fix if possible.

my dxdiag

Attached Files:

Solder likes this.
  2. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Hi there.

Can you send us in a ticket, please? Additionally, are you running BDO from your SSD or another drive?

3. WisedudeBlack

SSD

4. WisedudeBlack

And ticket was sent

5. Darkether

WisedudeBlack may i ask if the issue was resolved?
    Cause i have the same Problem

6. WisedudeBlack

The issue can never be resolved.only lessened.

stated from a GM

"

GM------- here to look into your FPS issue.

Looking at the video you have provided us, I can see that what you are experiencing is not actually an issue with your graphics card, but rather your data transfer speed between your storage device and RAM - the reason why the FPS stutter occurs is not actually because of that specific spot you are standing on, but rather one or more objects that the engine is loading due to you entering their rendering proximity.

These stutters can also be present when the engine is loading new assets; casting skills for the first time, loading up mob animations (eg. death animation upon killing them) or skill effects, and equipping different gear will all cause potential stuttering. This is something that can be addressed with a hardware upgrade, and unfortunately the Customer Support service is unable to offer a solid solution to the problem."

So basically it's partly game engine and partly my shitty ram.(Ppl with 3200 ddr4 still get fps/drops/popping tho)

I have a functioning SSD (I checked if I had any bad sectors and it was good)So it only leaves my 1866 ddr3 ram as a limiter.

I did managed to reduce the fps drops tho.Problem is I tried so many things I could not tell you what did the trick.

Try this if you have a compatible nvidia card

https://community.blackdesertonline...s/micro-stuttering-screen-tearing-fix.355211/

and [Client] Framerate Improvement GM's gave them to me.

7. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

Engine/server issue

Useless ask fix, after years we have always this problems

WisedudeBlack likes this.
  8. WisedudeBlack

It's pretty obvious when you log in after maintanence.Especially in cities. Usually my fps fluctuates between around 40-100.When I first logged in today after maint I held a pretty solid 90 -100 fps without the usual jitter in the background.

Wish they had dedicated channels seperated from all other channels solely for skillers.AFk's are too much of a stress.Kinda like arsha but for skillers.

Kurtferro79 likes this.
  9. WisedudeBlack

Turns out stutter/fps drops specific spots starting happening again at around 6pm (peak time) prior I had a couple of hours of non stuttery grind.The more this goes on the more I'm convinced it's server related then my ram.(they told me my ram wasn't good enough basically)

10. REdream

Greeting from the RU server!

Hello all, so im from RU BDO server and got the same exactly problem as you all have. After some reseach i noticed that on start of application BDO is using ~3gb ram in cities and ~2.4gb in just road runs, after some time when you leave the city ram will drop to 1.8-1.9gb and if you come back to city the number will still be 1.8-1.9gb. And the stutter begins as hell and ram will never go more than 2gb.

I suppose its drop to 1.8gb and you need to restart the client to have a game run with no slutter, which is crazy! Can you look at your memory usage please while playing the game?

P.S. got 8 gb of DDR4 2666mhz. And even at 3gb usage, i have 2 gb of free ram. i5 8300H and GTX1060. BDO runs on 40-55 fps on remaster. No throttling or other problems in other games.

UPD: leaving city is not the problem, but it still from time drops to 1.8-1.9gb. Maybe you will need some time to play until it drops.

UPD: Maybe this will help you if you have an SSD and tryed to optimized it.

1. Turn windows auto pagefile in my computer settings. So that SSD would have virtual memory.
    2. Enable defrag for your SSD so TRIM could work better.

I dont know, but it helped me and now even on 1.9gb ram on remastered 50+ fps. Even putting it in tray and turning on again all is very smooth. 1 Hour testing and i never had such smooth perfomance.

#10 REdream, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018