1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Range and Targeting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Noixi, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Noixi

So, we are getting a healer class soon.

Or are we?

Pure RPG based healers are no good, if they can not FOCUS target a friendly, to apply specific heals and buffs, or they have a WIDE aoe to apply healing.

If one has to run to the healer to get a aoe based heal, I shudder to think what will done to the rest of us to otherwise COMPELL us to run to the healer.

But another fallout of having pure healers. If they are effective and you have 2 or more keeping some uber leveled and geared team member healed, then basically, the game will either have to add SUPER burst damage, or RANGED dps.

And I mean like 100ft plus ranged dps. Cause otherwise, adding more burst is going to SUPER SOUR new people from joining and further demotivate casuals from staying.

It will be very interesting to see how the new healer class gets implemented.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

Tera had decently done targeted/autolock heals (for a nontab target mmorpg).

3. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 61 EU

The real issue is: BDO has no trinity, never had, releasing a healer into this will be really fun. In the end it will be a wizard 2.0 that is the whole trinity in itself.

4. Allan1985

ohh those times, when games were unoptimized and laggy but fun, i miss them.

iller and MozezCore like this.
  5. Thranduil

We've to see the awakening kit first, so far the preawakening is not much more supportive than a wiz/witch.

6. Factorial

It's not difficult for them to make it brain dead easy for AOE or target heals. We are unduely worrying.

7. Noixi

Qft. Save us all if they bring the trinity into EXTREME prominence.

But they can't do that without either focus targeting or uber powerful aoe heals. And pure aoe heals will be BORING beyond belief.

8. Escapism

Mfw I realise that healing friendly targets is done even better in Skyrim than in bdo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. iller

Nah ya gotta Subscribe to Camelot Unchained later this year if you want a Healer like that in the sort of massive Siege wars this game used to generate. I'll definitely be running that sort of Healer b/c I miss the huge Battles requiring real ROLES we used to have in Guildwars PVP for Pure support Monks/Rits

Trying to play any kind of a real Support is the most Miserable existence in this game... and I've been maining support class since the very first 3D MMO's ever came out

10. Lazesight

in bdo there are no true tanks and healers as that is outside of the simple dynasty warriors solo play concept.

11. Stabby

Class dependency would have made this game a million times more fun.

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  12. Blitzball

Some assassin classes can't even assassinate :D

And now , here's a new "healer" :D

Draconnix likes this.
  13. 2Cents

Pantheon is the only game I know of that is currently focusing on that type of system. They have been improving the animations etc too, it's not looking to bad. It is still from a smaller studio so don't expect this level of graphic fidelity, but the core mechanics may be done right. It's also going for a bit of a slower paced combat, which might not be so bad. BDO is 222mph, but that has a lot of down sides also.

14. Stabby

I like Pantheons business model and direction. But ya, I think slow combat and bad graphics will make it DOA. It is exactly what I'm looking for in an MMO tho. I miss PVE raid communities, dungeons, advanced solo dungeons, etc. And the whole not being ganked thing would be a breath of fresh air. I'm tired of being forced into PvP in all new games.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. 2Cents

I believe there may be a disconnect between playing those types of games and watching them. When you watch a flashy shooter it looks exiting and you might envision yourself playing it. However, watching Everquest can be slow and painful. Despite the fact that actually playing it can be quite entertaining.

DOA is a tough subject for a game like that. If you released a beloved game from the past it would be DOA despite it's huge success upon it's real release. Imagine releasing Zelda, Final Fantasy, Baulders gate today, they would be considered a failure.

One saving grace might be it's community. When done properly you have a community that loves the game and supports each other. Quite a contrast to the BDO community. PVP is a great way to ruin a friendly community.

16. WhySoSeeryus

which ones?

17. Blitzball

In large-scale : Kunoichi / Maehwa / Lahn / Ranger

18. Artorias_Dusk

I also miss Guild Wars. I feel you. Best game so far...

19. WhySoSeeryus

u wont stand in the middle of the blob with these classes if thats what you mean. or at least - u shouldnt.

20. Columba

Raids and dungeons, no thanks. Don’t want those here. Play wow for those.

Smileybones likes this.