1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Range is a protection.... why do ranged classes get more than melee

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TeRRoRibleOne, Jan 19, 2020.

1. TeRRoRibleOne

I actually need this explained to me. Right now for siege we are in an extreme range class meta because for some reason the ranged classes which have some of the greatest areas of damage and strongest skills in the game also have pretty much everything protected. Range in itself to start with is a protection, they have free reign to cast as much as they can till you can close the gap and then on top of that they have skills that allows them to outrun melee classes. How are these developers not smart enough to realize this? And the kicker is two of them can still cast their skills if their dead because their pets are their flow which is dumb in itself. The developers of this game need to start actually using their brains when doing balancing because this is just broken.
    Witch and wizard have been broken since they got their awakening, it's not even debatable. Having literally the strongest skill in the game, protected area, and then giving them multiple heals, the largest area of damage, and some of literally the hardest hitting skills in the game while the class in itself is literally the easiest to play. They have more protected skills than most melee classes on top of that on skills they actually use.
    Then you gave us archer, also one of the easiest classes to play doing insane amounts of damage and lots of mobility. So much so that they can outrun the dash classes which were nerfed multiple times over the last two years.
    Ranger succession just gave us a second insanely high damage ranged class.

Will these Korean developers please actually try to fix their game for once. There is a HUGE gap between ranged classes and melee classes. This game kills itself by just the pure stupidity of the people who are in charge of it and it's just annoying.

Naicon, Bizmarc89, Reyer and 9 others like this.
  2. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

The whole game, including features, mechanics, graphics, and whatnot, has been nothing but a sh*T show for over two years now. There is no class balance, there is no justification for many of the recent features being implemented. From barter to Succession it has been nothing but a complete waste of time. Nothing of what they are doing makes sense. Shields up, White knights incoming.

Life2v, LiquidEmotion, Erroll and 7 others like this.
  3. Catastigma

Pretty much simple.

The majority of complainers only think of 1v1.

* Balance * In low scale and in high scale is completely impossible.

Impossible to satisfy everyone. Because everyone wants to be God 1v1 and God Node war. ( The eternal probleme of listen to the player base,
    People are never happy, never. whether it's 100k years ago or 1000 thousand years from now.

A balanced game is a game that stops being updated.

It is when the players learn to play with imbalance that the game becomes balanced.

But with each patch its destroyed the learning and send back to the departure the efforts put in place to learn to compensate for the balance.

They buff everyone, Probleme those already having the advantage of distance, Gain even more power.
    How was it balanced before?
    First, Unprotected,
    Second, No back attack.
    Thirth Splitted damage.
    The damage of the range classe was directly splitted.
    10 target was 10% of the damage for all of them.
    Now Damage splitting is mostly none-existant
    Descending current (ranger) and Archer Nuke deal 70% minimum.
    Some skill 50% if specified, all other, no splitting.

Resulting. Range> melee.

People are unable to understand why damage splitting exist.
    Thier will never changemind, and since thier screaming, dev listen....

You just gonna see all over again on the forum these idiotic topic
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/ranger-split-damage.57838/

And for fun, i gonna repeat it, Awakening weapon was a mistake.

#3 Catastigma, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  4. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

It's always been that way dude, since day 1. Range class attacks should not be as strong as melee attacks because as you said they have the advantage of casting as much as they can until you reach them and then have the ability to widen the gap again. Literally anyone who thinks otherwise is an imbecile.

Bizmarc89, HucKa, AZzalor and 4 others like this.
  5. Netreiam

It's not that the range attacks are as strong as melee attacks, its that all attacks do stupid amounts of damage. Maybe a few ranged skills could be toned down, but for the most part AP just needs to be nerfed or DP buffed.

It's the fact that they kept those stupid gear brackets from renown. If they just made the increases from gear less absurd then the gear gap would be less cancer, actually giving less geared people a chance of fighting back instead of literally doing no damage; and people who were equally geared could have a more interesting fight instead of the 1 combo/1 skill poke matches that most high end pvp seems to boil down to.

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Yes, all attacks in this game are ridiculous in the amounts of damage they do. PvP AP absolutely needs to be nerfed and a good place to start is with those brackets like you mentioned, perhaps making them good for only PvE. If that were changed, range attacks still should only be doing a portion of the damage that melee attacks do, simply because they are safely executed at a distance.

7. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

At least witchards have a somewhat hefty wind up to their ********... Archers and Rangers are just free to spam.

Im sure that will change when witchard succession comes out and they **** **** up more.

Hell even need to worry about sorcs throwing **** at you from across the map now.

Bizmarc89 and ODB3698 like this.
  8. Factorial

Balance isn't possible. The AP brackets are here to stay. Bring a well rounded team. Deal with it.

Stealthe likes this.
  9. Gojira

Dude its sounds like you been playing this game long enought unless you have taken a break, if you have been playing a while im suprised at what you have said.. no witch/wiz has not been broken since awakening i might stress like all classes it had its day. you might have forgot about war lingering super armour or valks block, mystics stupid magic defence. ninja/kuno eva days. sorcs early dominance. dk stupid high burst and movement. the dp zerkers or even full ap zerkers. musa/mae unlimited dash if you had the pots. every class had its moment even tamers.

PA has always been used for pushing try a node without it, it would be boring af as you would a deadlock 2 groups neither one wanting to engage.
    no one like running into to thier death.

im still amazed that you still complain about getting caught by range attacks. i dont node anymore but even when i did 2.5 years ago we had flankers to take out ranged targets each class is good at role in node.

what do you want range classes to be fodder for malee. because yeah i like standing still while casting locked while malees just run around the damage.

why dont you put some ideas out there. what should range classes do then, should they not have the damage to kill people?

Columba, Wiiper Hunter and AZzalor like this.
  10. reconkangas

Need to clarify here, the rangers were in a bad place for a very long time they are prob the squishiest class in the game. are you specifically talking about succession or all around?

I main a mystic generally the only time i had problems with a ranger was those 280+ AP that really knew how to play the class UNTIL this succession garbage. At this moment it is not just ranger thats the issue toss in sorc and DK with crazy distance now on succession, but this succession garbage was piss poor implemented and has pretty much wreck PVP. If you think you have a problem with ranger try archer the #1 troll class in the game with constant CC and extreme damage.

For the most part i agree with you on the balance, it is after all based on players adapting to the game and when its in a constant state of flux you get major complaints.

Though i have to say that this succession was a very bad move TBH they introduces something that has such overwhelming damage that it pretty much makes armor irrelevant. there is no ability to balance this mess with any type of gear or combination.. these are evasion killers but the side affect is DR has it much worse than evasion build and really anyone with 260+ap specifically ninjas succession pretty much combos most DP builds to 330ish change that to 280+ ap and well you get 1 tapped at 330dp and anything up 380dp is not safe...

this is a mess all around not just ranger... they pretty much destroyed mystic even though she is still pretty tough opponent but you have not seen anyone cry until you drop a 1 shot like this for mystic, up until now mystic has a very low damage output most of our skills depend heavy on getting a armor debuff then leading into perfect blow our heaviest hit next to roaring tiger 100% BSR. Not all succession are out but i am guessing after it is they will balance some things but who knows at this point.

11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You misspelled Tamer.

12. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

They should be able to kill someone in the time it takes to get to them. Do you understand how range is a protection in itself that melee is not afforded? Why should range classes be given the exact same damage levels of a melee class AND free protection in the form of range? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

ODB3698 likes this.
  13. Gojira

i think your forgeting not all classes are created equal. to give some examples of what your saying. when you could just have a sorc iframe to you. musa dash to you. lahn fly over to you. ninja/ kuno popping out of hide. these are some things have to deal with as ranged class also in seige you cant hit everyone all the time your limited to number of hits. remember you did say in your OP about seiges right, im just saying play as a ranged class and see how some classes can close gaps very quickly and have long range cc's and when your caught you dead quick.

Fearless V likes this.
  14. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

that means they still lack damage.

Fearless V likes this.
  15. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

I'll agree for any other game but for BDO.In BDO there is too much dashin for actual range to be a protection.The only reliable protection outside of SA/FG/IFrame is to gang up.
    Its not like i dont agree with all your other points taken as a whole,surely it needs a balance between power/speed/range/movement/protection and more importantly between the mechanical performance of range and their counter classes.Because if the performance of ranges counter-class is totally lackluster then range dont have any check at all(or if there is no counter,making all other classes as equally oppressive but it will not be fun to be a range class).
    For archer i'll argue his movement and protection would be fine if the stamina cost of musa/maehwa dash and stealth of stealth classes was not as costly than in current gameState.Ideally dash stam cost on CD 50, and whatever stam cost had stealth on early 2017.

Fearless V likes this.
  16. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

I'm pretty sure there is developers comments that this is wrong, and that's why they remove archer FG's, but wait this changes just gone before hitting live servers.

17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

That's why you have skills that allow you to widen the gap between you and your target again. I think you are confusing me and the OP, I never said anything about sieges.

How is being able to kill your opponent in the time it takes to reach you, lacking damage? It sounds like exactly the right amount of damage. Your target can use some iframes to avoid some of the attacks and reach you at lowered health, then you can widen the gap once again. Rinse and repeat, the better player wins.

18. Hekki

Well... usually korean devs are morons. In BDO case they are extreme morons. And spoiled mmo community that usually play range classes and give ******** feedback does not make it better.

19. MalGuldur

Still trying to find balance in black desert what year are we?!

20. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

range classes are much more difficult to play then meele classes. Since you need to AIM the target. Goodluck aim a target that running in a circle. Range classes cannot move and shoot at the same time.

While with the meele class they can move and deal dmg at the same time. You dont need to aim, just move and spamm ability.