1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger Class DEAD! TY KAKAO and Pearl Abyss

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by odar, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Waste of time to talk about this. Male ranger is pure range, so it means range KD is not going away.

You should be deathly afraid if he doesn't have a range KD, it'll probably mean he'll 2 shot you from range instead. Or maybe even being able to shoot through blocks like the old penetrating wind. PA seems to think this class' role is to crowd surf and harass from the back line and with melee being gutted I don't see it changing any time soon.

Rayin likes this.
  2. Rayin

Yeah i'm afraid of that, that in order to push people to reroll they'll make him incredibly OP with either ranged skills that have 10 hits but one shot you at the 5th or 2 thousand CC from the distance.

3. Tvvin

More than likely Archer's greatbow will outright murder people. He also has animal traps . So he probably hard counters stealth.

4. Smilence

Interesting that CM never showed up for dead class and how to feedback to PA, but showed up on some guy shutting each other

5. Grizabella

Because controversy leads to emotion which will lead to more re-rolls and more pearls perhaps?

6. Seolhyun

Solar Flare never had a Frontal Guard. It was protected by your block lingering superarmor.

How is it that I'm a Ranger but I know this and you don't?

7. Rayin

You're totally right, but is kinda hard to keep track of the changes happened months ago and confuse stuffs when you play several classes, can't say that i wasn't wrong tho.
    To sound even worse, i noticed 2 weeks ago only that they removed the FG from upper shield strike, now it's totally unprotected and even as CC isn't that good as the float doesn't happen so often.

8. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

coz rangers actually need to know how to fight their matchups

Rilok likes this.
  9. Rayin

Even during lingering times you needed to know how to play against others, grab or non-grab classes, now i can say the same, if you can't kill a Warrior you're bad.
    It can be said for any class.

10. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

it was never hard coz good warriors are too rare in this game. that skill you need to play an average ranger for examble

11. Rayin

Yeah well, every player of each class feels the chosen one, the one that despite all the nerfs with his indomitable skill dominates every battlefield,
    but if you want i can agree that Ranger is harder so you can lift your imaginary troophy and boast with others, i don't care.

12. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

oh actually its on pair with warrior. and the 99% plebs are abandoned this class already and roled to ninja its quite fitting

13. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

Spent an hour fighting a ninja trying to find even a window of opportunity and with that a slim chance of consistently winning fights. I'm honestly lost on what can be done. I've literally tired everything except reroll.

14. d00mR

not sure what i'm reading but did you just say that Ranger grab is protected while in other classes it is unprotected ?

15. Rayin

Attack, doesn't mean CC. You can attack someone on ground with other skills that ain't CC.
    Other than that line i dunno where did you read that i stated that Ranger grab is protected saying that it has SA or i-frames.

I used "unprotected" in the sentence about grab CC effect because as i stated in many posts it has a wider ranger than others, even in that same very post.

16. d00mR

not true... actually there are a bunch of classes that can survire a ranger full combo with AP around 250-260 and in the same time kill the ranger in one combo with just 200ap

17. d00mR

well you don't know how Ranger grab works, so i will explain that. Ranger grab have a very small hitbox for the main target, but if you happen to grab the main target the 2nd CC effect ( KD ) has a wider hitbox and can catch a 2nd or 3rd target. The grab itself can hit only 1 target.

I also want to point a bunch of things.
    1st There are almost no veteran Rangers that are still playing the game or the class ( the few that are left are @stalas and @Columba )
    2nd Ranger was one of the weakest classes in mass pvp before the SA and CC changes
    3rd Ranger was the one that was hitted the most by the stamina changes ( this was the moment when i quited the game )
    4th After making 4-5 topics in bug sections with skills not working properly and stuff like that with video proof noone of the skills were fixed
    5th Ranger was the class with the most unworking skill, bad transition and have the biggest amount of useless skills

#237 d00mR, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  18. Rayin

I never said Ranger is OP, no class is OP if you look at the specific toolkits, Ninja for instance became so strong because everyone lost SA even on mobility skills and CC on main skills that now are instead used as finishers, while he had more i-frames and a lot of short-ranged mobility chainable with other skills compared to other classes. Same goes for Kuno, even if she has less mobility.
    Same goes for Sorc, even if she lacks of protected grab like the two characters mentioned above, but to compensate she has probably a much better long-distance mobility and is less predictable if you don't take into account oni-shadow.

Problem is exactly that: when each class has lost several protections, CC someone is easier than in past, the CC last longer than in past, on top of that Ranged CC have KD and Renown is here to make DP worthless, you have a combination of factors that is amusing.

If we want to take stamina changes into account, imagine how Warrior and Valks are suffering now that even their stamina has been crippled (probably not as much as Ranger, i'm not discussing that) but on top of that they lost even their core feature that was the lingering.
    They basically didn't replace it with anything, leaving some skills half-functional, situationals at best or unprotected.

And some classes have still protected CC, Ranged CC (with KD or bound) and other tools to take them down. Probably other classes are suffering like those two examples, but we must consider even the interaction of every character against another one and how it performs in 1 vs 1, small scale, big scale and zerg vs zerg, not just one or two.

At the moment, class like Mistik, do well in every scenario being probably top tier in 1 vs 1 beside their lack of damage. A Maewha can be really a nightmare in 1 vs 1 but not so good in mass. A Sorc can shine everywhere, being the Queen of 1 vs 1. A Ninja is potentially unbeatable anywhere, unless someone has enough AP to melt one through his SA/FG.

That's the current PvP scene and that's why i mentioned Blasting Gust and the Grab itself, i don't like their phylosophy to remove or add stuffs and then swap the effect of some skills, i'd rather change their effect and rework the interaction or combo with other characters.

19. d00mR

not sure why you cry about blasting gust for any other reason than l2p issue. Blasting Gust can't be used in close combat and when there is distance between you and the ranger it is very easy to dodge it even on reaction ( ranger skill's can be dodged by dashing ) you can also block it, iframe it or use SA. If a Ranger lands a KD with blasting gust on you i ensure you the problem is in your gameplay. As a Ranger myself and when i fought other Rangers i was never NEVER ever CCed by Blasting Gust and i never landed a CC with it on any opponent among the top PVP guilds. You can't blame skills for a game which is skill based or atleast was skill based. There were some broken and OP skills like war and wiz 100%, protective area, Zerker cannon ( which does more dmg, have more range and bigger hitbox than any Ranger skill ), Mistyc vacoom and may be some more. But calling Blasting Gust an OP skills... well this only shows your lack of game understanding

Haurion likes this.
  20. Rayin

Ah alright, here we are with another "Hurr durr u'er nat veri gud" guy.

You probably forgot about mass PvP and a scenario where not only Ranger skills from distance, but Wiz, Witch, Berserk, other Warrior, Sorc, then you have also mid-ranged skills from Musa & Maewha with their stub arrow or Valkyrie.
    Out of those, Flame Buster, Dream of Doom and Blasting Gust are KD. Now, if i'm facing other opponents and you use on me a Blasting Gust while i'm trying to dodge one of their attacks or i'm trying to CC them, i'm just dead. By your hands or his hands. With Warrior if i throw a piercing spear, you can still recover from stiff as it last 1 sec.

Why? because it's KD and it disables my V, also it lasts around 4 seconds. From far.

Yeah, to me it seems like a "L2understand instead of going hurr durr" issue. Thanks for not reading the other posts, else you'd understand why i came here to talk about that and i was even done with it.