1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger Need a fix !!!

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Helosh, Jun 16, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

its not like u can ****up a full dp build with several pen accessories, theres basically only one way to do it.

FairlyEnjoyable likes this.
  2. LiquidEmotion

Ranger will never be in a good spot. If she is then it wont last long and then she will get nerf nuked to the ground again. I played her for 2+ years and gave up waiting for her moment. She will get a dmg buff BUT she takes about 2.35% more dmg now.

Here are the charts taken from the global lab with the new modifiers. PA has no clue how to balance. Just look at Wizards buffs. smh.

peanut777 and Stocksyn95 like this.
  3. Stocksyn95

It's always the same with these posts.
    1) Ranger player complains about one or more of rangers problems: lack of protection, lack of engages, lack of movement, lack of protected damage, etc, etc, etc. (notice the lack of complaints about damage)

2) Non ranger player dismisses complain because "ranger to much damage" or "ranger one shots my 800DP shai on the arena" or similar.

It's understandable, as an outside player you can (mostly) only see the damage that other classes deal to you. And if you never played the class seriously you can't really understand some more deep-rooted design problems.that the class may have (this goes for all classes, not only ranger).

When you see a succession ranger doing half your life on one skill, i see an unprotected, stationary, windup skill, with enough AoE to affect only 1 person.

When you see an awakening ranger 1 combo-ing a heavy overgeared player, i see a long ass combo, mostly unprotected, stacking a **** ton of buffs/ debuffs, with 2 or 3 lucky 30% chance downsmashes in a row, that would be ridiculous to even try outside an arena 1v1 match.

At this point of balance this is my resumed take on the class:

Awakening: Comparable to maehwa on some things. Good damage (combo damage that is) but no reliable way to dish it out outside of 1v1's and without the mobility and engage capabilities but with a grab.

Succession: Comparable to succ wiz/witch. Great ranged damage and stationary, but without all the protections, utility and AoE they have.

And for the discussions about the "insane i-frames" just try to think on this. Would anyone complain about sorcs if only 1 every 2 i-frames would actually be an i-frame and they couldn't cancel skills in and out of them almost negating the gaps?

Rilok, Wollbert and Sturmflut666 like this.
  4. Casty

I think ranger is really good, just a few classes are way over tuned. Ranger is a big git gud, learn positioning way of life.

5. stalas

BTW about that iframe its true EES non prime will alway be lingering iframe on second use even on cd but first one is not iframe off cd. But if u take prime ees u loose that 2nd iframe spam.

About that dmg im 293 ap atm and i can do this amout dmg with blasting gust-kick-PW-CW absolute - shotgun because pw can do air attack so if kd from blasting gust then kick pw air attack X2 dmg. for that 380 dp witch i guess evasion gear ? cuz ranger have tree buff 9% accu + blasting gust -12% evasion debuff + 5% addon accuracy +10% on pw = 24% accuracy -12% evasion = melt eva build if u add 301 ap on top+villa +draught.

Btw ranger really do no1 ranger dmg cuz accuracy buff evadebuff... its evasion tank melter. but u can really depend on ur skill to survive u need to use ur teammate like shield.. or roof top.... And yes sorc and ninja kuno **** hard on us ..... BTW on global lab we got 20% more dmg + 20% tankier.

I will just like block 3 sec cd on shotgun maybe iframe on evasive shot ? or ees SA on cd will be nice.
    For awakening i feel just add stiff on breezy and stun on rushing wind + block on wailling and class is pretty much fix

Rilok likes this.
  6. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

I would have expected this from the forum community.

There is a friend of mine going Hybrid Ranger, basically unkillable and being decent enough to score above average kills. Since im playing Awa Ranger myself and learned a lot from him its hard to be bad enough to complain about these things.
    If somebody actually needs buffs to a class which is fine in its current state i highly recommend trying guardian.

I can show you. Not today cus im busy after work but tmr when im back home. Remind me.

#26 Ned Sheynji, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  7. RandomHajile

this is prol the most solid take. Imagine 'playing a role' ;)

8. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Playing a class that has low dp scalling but high ap scalling and complains...

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

rangers definitely need a fix, but not the kind op is hoping for

ranger is weak.jpg

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  10. Rilok

Rilok Ranger NA

#30 Rilok, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Stocksyn95, Kittyberry and Tokigare like this.
  11. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

Stocksyn95 and Rilok like this.
  12. Shenraly

How is ranger succession atm? All my buffs got nerfed...mystic...lahn...kuno...must be godlike if you can shoot from range the enemys down until they need to come close to you?

13. Sturmflut666

if you want to deal damage...okay.
    if you want the best combination of dealing damage and having protection and 1v1 potential...take any other class.
    Shooting down enemies from range only works when you have a main zerg between the enemy and you. Any mobility class can gap close on you and kill you unless your ap highly outclasses his dp (doesnt even work against sneaky/iframe classes). Grinding at contested spots is a pain, maybe the 2. skill set with awakening helps with that, but u'll have to learn awakening too then, and that requires quite much time and effort.

Éternel likes this.
  14. Dehor

Looooooool. Rangers are now really good in pvp. They break warrior block like its nothing. They freaking keep cc u till u die. The best spam skill award goes to ranger. They r quick to there feet. Dark rift bosses are garbage to ranger accept ahib Griffin. Those long range knockdown and down smash is OP since u remain UNTOUCHED. if player comes close to u, u can just grab them.

Tell me. Do u love ur class ranger? If yes then master her already lol. Learn other classes weakness and strength. Look at lahn, now she must use all her skills to kill. Full combo is need for lahns. I can easily kill lahn now.

15. Sturmflut666

Oh boy, one of those guys. Again.

1. we're talking about Succession since that's what he asked about. No grab when someone comes close.
    2. Ranger has exactly 1 ranged Knockdown. Beside that it has the usual 30% downsmash chance on 2 skills.
    3. Dark rift boss has absolutely nothing to do with the class, every class with gear can do it.
    4. The part about "remain untouched" is a joke, right? Only 1 SA on a close range bow skill and 1 FG on a pve skill and 1 SA on charging wind, since the nerf its not a a damage skill anymore, more like a combo skill uncharged where you put your skill addons into. Every damage combo on range is fully unprotected. Stuff like meteor outranges Ranger, while backline diver easily snack on her.

Ranger may be good in low end fights when enemies dont know how and who to focus on, but when you take a look at higher level nw and siege, ranger gets more and more replaced by witches and wizards. They simply lack any form of protection, may it be in 1v1 or mass pvp, they have too much split damage compared to the other ranged classes, they dont bring the insane amount of support like staff wielders do.My honest
    recommendation is: take Wizard. Easy entry into siege guilds, real impact in mass pvp, way more sustain and protection.

Stocksyn95 likes this.