1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranger really needs a buff

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Zyper, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Well... Maehwa, DK, Ranger and Valk DO suck currently... so none of what you quoted is incorrect...
    It's not comical, it's sad. It's sad, because the class you chose isn't able to perform in the role that was her home when you chose her and was advertised as her speciality.
    Maehwa: Should be able to chase/escape from anyone and delete single (especially stationary) targets. --- Won't happen... she often loses in 1v1 and other classes have become nearly as fast/got protected movement.
    DK: Should be a melee, with a caster awakening who does good damage and teleports out of the way of danger. --- Is kinda low on the damage side and lost many CCs and protections.
    Ranger: Should be a ranged damage dealer who tries to stay at a distance and evades attacks. --- Is too immobile to avoid today's attacks and too slow, with not enough range, to keep a distance between her and her enemies.
    Valk: Should be a holy tank that doesn't do a lot of damage, but is nigh unkillable and assists her allies with heals and buffs. --- Just gets melted in melee, like all other classes. A slow tank is acceptable... a slow DD without much damage kinda only leaves the "slow".

People do reroll, A LOT... look at nodewars... look at the requirements to join nodewars for certain classes ("Have you ever shot a cannon? Or do you prefer riding the elephant?"). Look how many of certain classes are running around in the open world and grind...

As an example: I play ranger since closed beta 2. A full reroll with all skills, weight limit, inventory space, costumes etc. would cost in excess of 300 Euros... I'm not willing to throw that down Pearl Abyss' throat as a reward for being absolutely crap at balancing. And I like my ranger, I like the playstyle... she just has some flaws that need to be fixed... and she has to be brought up to today's power level. Playing her is like saying "I have a sword. It's a good sword and I can fight well with it." and suddenly your opponent (hi, archers... I'm talking about you!) shows up with a friggin' machine gun. That doesn't make my sword worse, nor does it say anything about my ability to use a sword... just that the newer classes got SO much more power than the original ones it's ridiculous. Want an example of that? Rangers were told: Nope... protected movement and attacks aren't possible, because it would be too powerful at range. ...now count the number of FGs and SAs an archer has and explain why ranger doesn't even get a block in bow stance?

Boojangles and Rilok like this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

tbh maehwa is really strong if they dont attempt to do the job they arent suited for. one of the classes that im really scared off because of how fast they delete you from existence.

many things can be said about dks but them not having damage(with gear, ofc, as everything in this game) is simply wrong. (well, unless they fight gauntlets i guess, those negate their dmg by decent amount)

it is not a pure ranged class tho, has kd grab for defense and iframes to try to escape.
    (i am not saying it is in some uber position, to avoid misinterpretation)

geared valks are kinda dreadnaughts of destruction if played properly. and low damage most def does not go in the same sentence with valks. problem is when/how to use that damage most often.

Boojangles, IWalkAlone and Maginha like this.
  3. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

My definition of balance is not that i have the hardest time of my life fighting my friend on an fresh made trialarcher. We still need to be at least 2 times better to even compete with other classes. As someone said if i loose all my passion for ranger and roll to anything. I could kill armys.

4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

That reminds me when FXP made a trial maehwa but I always knew maehwas need a nerf :^)

5. noctred

noctred NA

you kinda missed the point of what i was trying to say. that's fine.

6. noctred

noctred NA

that's not what i said.

what i did say is that a position where nothing is unwinnable and everything depends on how well you play the encounter is a balanced position, generally. there can still be imbalances in the other direction, of course.

Fateneko likes this.
  7. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

I dont count ppl like fxp as competition like i dont count the hystria hackers as a competition on my grindspot. They are there, but your only hope is that the gms do their job once in a while.

8. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

Stop spreading lies. its only 30%

9. Blitzball

10. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

But FXP is not hacking and good player being new on a class fighting another good player on his main equals to your example, right? I found FXP is a good example since he was scarry for many people on his maehwa.

Yes that's clearly 30% with good rng! Can't you see that?!?!

11. Evrae

Evrae Ranger 61 NA

The amount of missinformation on these forums is quite insane, let me correct you:

Zerker, mystic, striker, have a shorter downsmash time than most of the classes, as you can see here:

from 1 second down to 0.7-0.8 seconds, this is important, i'll explain:

What the ranger is doing is extending the downsmashes enough time to where the 5 second cc immune timer runs out, and you can land a new Knockdown, which lasts for 3 seconds, as in, on a normal squishy class if you do a knockdown, into a grab or w.e, into 2 downsmashes, you hit cc cap with grab, then the 2 downsmashes, if done at the last second possible, extend the cc to 5 seconds, and you can do a new knockdown, so there aren't 15 downsmashes in a row, its only 3 at most, since with zerker you need 3 , not 2, on top of this, if you see how fast zerker gets up from my clip, i can spot at least 4 different timings on that video the zerker could have gotten up, he's simply not pressing any keys and letting himself stay on the ground.

On top of all this, there's at least 1 situation from watching the clip twice where all downsmashes failed, the zerker stayed on the floor without trying to get up, to let himself be hit with a new downsmash over 1.5 secs later ( remember, 0.8 sec downtime, plenty of time to get up)

If you're going to use shitty clips to use your point, at least try to not use ones where people can't even tell downsmashes apart from knockdowns as they count, or where people are actually trying to get up, crit has a good video on how to properly do infinite downsmash, as long as RNG allows it.

12. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

no he was never scary at any class. former enemy players are always a bad examble for anything good in the game.

that is it, but sorc can do it. mystic in some ways. like every class that works with knockdowns can do this. like you chain kd>kd>ds>kd

13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

What? How is that?

14. Hekki

Maehwa - yes, as always,
    DK - maybe she got nerfed too hard,
    Ranger - ********. She just is not in god tier but she is still OP and fact archer is better means only the archer need very hard nerfs,
    Valk - yes.

15. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Every single class sux. Why? Because doom horse. Prove me wrong.

As long as we have doom horses in "PvP", there is literally no need to complain about any class performance in PvP.

Fateneko likes this.
  16. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

Just an old antipathy with this guys. Never saw anything uniqe than exploiting and very high gear... due to exploiting maybe. But thats another topic.
    Op in what is the question. I see nothing what anyone could seriously consider op on that class.

17. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Freeze combo back in the days was made by enemy players, the time where everyone said wizard is the worst 1vs1 class. Second place at the first official tournament been two enemy players with softcap gear. (where sov won with 2x 270+ ap people)
    But I guess there is no glory without hate :^)

18. Hekki

- very high damage
    - range
    - grab
    in single toolkit.

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Ranger 62 EU

the first freeze combo was made by sov member back in pre awakening times. the time im used to play with it was long before FXP even started working on it. and i really cant remember any of that tournaments.
    there is not such thing in my mind. i just give ppl what they really deserve.
    thats not even anything special. literally every class has more stuff to "OP".

20. Kauni

Kauni Archer 62 EU

Well I am talking about the awk times, not pre awk since it was a different combo and I didn't see a single sov wiz doing anything close to that (just random frigid fog). Also the combo was not made by FXP if it sounded like that.